Image Image Image Image

Future QB options

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Future QB options 

Post#1 » by patryk7754 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:47 pm

Trubisky is not the QB Pace hoped him to be. Its clear Trubisky just doesn't have the skill to be a starter in the NFL and maybe not a backup. It's possible that he develops the mental capacity to have value as a backup but I think its very unrealistic for him to develop the physical skills to be good.

I'm sure we all expect Foles to win the starting job but he is also not the future because I'm assuming he's close to retirement. I believe he will serve as a bridge QB. Here are some options that I think can have success.

From the 2020 Draft:
Jacob Eason, Washington-He has a crazy strong arm. Has a lot of great physical attributes. Really good deep-ball thrower. Can be more accurate but isn't bad in that category. Reminds me of Matt Stafford.

James Morgan, FAU-Similar to Eason in that he has great physical attributes. Also, has a rocket arm. I believe he is from Green Bay and he idolized Farve and you can see that in how he launches bullets. From the little that I've seen of him, he's required to make a lot of quick decisions in his offense and he makes few mistakes with those decisions. Great deep-ball thrower. Pretty accurate. No one is talking about him in the national media but I wouldn't be surprised if he went as early as the 2nd round.

2021 Offseason
Nick Mullens- When he stepped in for the 49ers he played pretty well. I believe he was a rookie which makes his performance more impressive. He doesn't stand out in many categories but his physical attributes and skill set are somewhat similar to Drew Brees. He'd be a low-risk addition with medium to high reward. He's a RFA.

Jordan Ta'amu- Don't know much about him but he's intriguing. From wiki-Ta'amu played at the New Mexico Military Institute for two seasons before transferring to the University of Mississippi. As a sophomore he passed for 3,014 yards and 32 touchdowns. He transferred to Ole Miss before the 2017 season.[1] He entered the 2017 season as the backup to Shea Patterson, but took over as the starter for the final five games after Patterson suffered an injury. He finished the season with 1,682 passing yards, 11 touchdowns and 4 interceptions.[2][3][4][5] He also rushed for 165 yards and 4 touchdowns.[5] With Patterson transferring to the University of Michigan, Ta'amu entered the 2018 season as the starting quarterback.[6] In his senior season he passed for 3,918 yards, 19 touchdowns and 8 interceptions.[5] He also rushed for 342 yards and 6 touchdowns.[5] He finished the season ranked second in SEC passing yards, behind Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa, who played in three more games. He played well enough to be signed by the Chiefs. He would be a ERFA in 2021

Jamis Winston-I think the general consensus is that he has top 5 talent but is a horrible decision-maker. If he shows a lot of growth, mentally, he might be one of the best FA Qbs ever available.

2021 Draft
Don't know too much about these guys yet. Hopefully, We're too good to get Trevor Lawerence. Justin Fields doesn't seem like a guy who would have a lot of success in the NFL.

Brock Purdy, Iowa St.- He has a good arm and is pretty accurate. He's mobile. Reminds me of Kyler Murry but not as athletically dominant. He set a lot of school passing records in his second season as a starter.

Tanner Morgan, Minn- His arm doesn't seem to be anything special but it definitely isn't anything lackluster. He was the leader of Minnesota during their huge surge into dominance in college football. Physically, he looks like a traditional QB. At the very least he looks like a guy who can be a good to great backup.

Return to Chicago Bears