do we need another DT?

Total votes: 0

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Do you feel good with our DT situation? 

Post#1 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:41 pm

Tank will miss 4 games, maybe even 8 with new commish. Harris had surgery and you never know.

Myself, I say Dusty and adams along with Izzy can handle the other DT position along side a healthy Harris till Tank is back.

I don't see Scott fitting with our defense. Unless he comes back for dirt cheap, like under 1 million. That undrafted guy played "ok" last year. No need to draft a DT in my eyes.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,891

Post#2 » by nomorezorro » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:40 pm

The Bears seem to like Dusty a lot, so I guess I'm okay with it if they think they'll manage without Tank. I would not say it's a position they should actively seek out, but they shouldn't hesitate to take a DT early on if he's either the BPA or if the people better than him play positions that aren't that big of a need (CB, RB, DE, etc.)
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
IVSKIN
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#3 » by IVSKIN » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:51 pm

I wouldn't take a DT in the early rounds. Unlike Darth Celtic, I like Ian Scott and think that he can be a solid starter this year with Harris (health permitting)

I also like Dvorak, and Izzy, who are both very solid backup players.

I dont know what to do with Tank though, I like him, but he seems to be such a distraction these days.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:00 pm

when harris was out, and tank played little, I just watched our DT's get pushed around for GAPING wholes for 10 yard gains over and over. Boone and scott didn't get a pass rush, and didn't play the run well either.
IVSKIN
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by IVSKIN » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:26 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:when harris was out, and tank played little, I just watched our DT's get pushed around for GAPING wholes for 10 yard gains over and over. Boone and scott didn't get a pass rush, and didn't play the run well either.

But Ian Scott is a good compliment to Harris in my opinion. Better then any other current option. I have yet to see Dvorak play, so i could be biased in that regard, but other then Dvorak as a possibility, Ian Scott is our next best at that position.

Which I dont think is that bad
straightguji
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#6 » by straightguji » Mon Apr 2, 2007 11:00 pm

We just got that Anthony Adams guy from San Fran. I'm comfortable with our DTs, I wouldn't mind drafting one just as long as it isn't in the earlier rounds.
Action Paxson
Head Coach
And1: 63

Post#7 » by Action Paxson » Wed Apr 4, 2007 4:42 am

We got thin fast at the position. I think it would be a good idea to draft a DT in the middle rounds like we did with Dusty again.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Darth Celtic » Wed Apr 4, 2007 1:56 pm

I think if we wait for tank to get back from suspension with the guys we have now, we can survive till then and win games. We have other needs to address, and Dline is not one of them.
Triple_6_Mafia
Banned User

Post#9 » by Triple_6_Mafia » Mon Apr 9, 2007 6:39 am

unless ther's A A+++++++ S-T-U-D left no not at all should we take a DT.(Like a top 10 pick in late 1st/2nd round)
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#10 » by Cliff Levingston » Mon Apr 9, 2007 2:56 pm

It's all about Harris. If he's healthy and playing well then (for the most part) it doesn't matter who's next to him. If he's not healthy or not playing well then we're screwed no matter who's playing next to him.

You can't commit too much money to the position without the risk of losing good players at other positions, so we really can't throw much more money at a good free agent or a high pick. That's how it goes when you have elite players at any position.

Return to Chicago Bears