ImageImage

Ryan Braun Should Be Our Starting 3rd Basemen Real Soon....

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

ryanbraun75
Ballboy
And1: 0

Ryan Braun Should Be Our Starting 3rd Basemen Real Soon.... 

Post#1 » by ryanbraun75 » Sat Apr 7, 2007 11:30 pm

IMO i think we should bring him up soon. the brewers are having a hard time scoring runs and need a boost. Counsell and Graffinino are hitting a combined .103 and only have 3 hits. Even tho Braun's defense isn't that good, look how far Rickie weeks has come this year. I think we should bring him up, start him, get him some experience and let his bat do the talking. This guy if called up, IMO could hit 25 HRs and drive in 85 and maybe even steel 10-15 bases. Even tho he may commit a few errors, he still has JJ Hardy playing beside him and he can make a huge impact. Koskie won't be back this year, and i think that the sooner we can start him the better. By the way, he hasn't commited an error in AAA this year in 25 attempts.

when do u guys think we see him up here and what impact will he have??
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#2 » by WEFFPIM » Sat Apr 7, 2007 11:33 pm

September
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#3 » by Mags FTW » Sat Apr 7, 2007 11:36 pm

June at the latest.
jace_the_ace
Sophomore

Post#4 » by jace_the_ace » Sun Apr 8, 2007 3:37 am

I agree with Mags, I think RB will be brought up in early Summer. He's going to be a great addition to the crew!
afroblackarican
Senior
And1: 22

Post#5 » by afroblackarican » Sun Apr 8, 2007 4:15 am

Braun would be nice, but it'll only happen if Koskie is done for the year and if one of our bench guys gets traded, like Gross, I also would not mid seeing Gwynn get some starts, we need a contact hitter at the top of that lineup.

LF Gwynn
SS Hardy
2B Weeks
1B Fielder
CF Hall
C Estrada
RF Hart
3B Braun

Graffanino, Counsell, Jenkins, Mench and Miller off the bench and making random starts.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,900

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 8, 2007 4:15 am

They never should have signed both Counsell AND Graffy. I know Graffy wasn't a given, they took a gamble on him and didn't really expect him to return. But that's too much money tied up on those two guys. I guess keeping Braun down means he doesn't rack up any major league service days, delays his eventual (probably) big payday.
Captain Erv
General Manager
And1: 78

Post#7 » by Captain Erv » Sun Apr 8, 2007 4:42 am

MickeyDavis wrote:They never should have signed both Counsell AND Graffy. I know Graffy wasn't a given, they took a gamble on him and didn't really expect him to return. But that's too much money tied up on those two guys. I guess keeping Braun down means he doesn't rack up any major league service days, delays his eventual (probably) big payday.

If and when they bring Braun up and he establishes that he can be a productive player I wouldn't be surprised to see them shop Graffanino. Most likely to a team in the American League.
Ruben Douglas
Veteran
And1: 25

Post#8 » by Ruben Douglas » Sun Apr 8, 2007 2:56 pm

As much as the Brewers might need another bat right now, before the last two games the team was hitting .295. They have to be patient with Braun and not rush him or he'll never live up to potential.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#9 » by LUKE23 » Sun Apr 8, 2007 3:09 pm

He'll be up by June 1. Having Counsell/Graffanino as our 3B's is really inexcusable, and is easily the worst 3B production in the NL. Given that the Brewers lineup doesn't have a lot of power, they are going to need Braun's bat.

Weeks
Hardy
Braun
Fielder
Hall
Estrada
Jenkins
Hart

is what we will be seeing. I like that lineup quite a bit.
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#10 » by livestrong4ever » Sun Apr 8, 2007 3:56 pm

That sure looks like a damn good line up Luke, especially if hardy keeps hitting like he is doing, but I don't see him coming up in till after the all star game. Especially if we are winning.
John6988
Senior

Post#11 » by John6988 » Sun Apr 8, 2007 6:36 pm

needs to improve defense. after that he should be here a long time
GO BUCKS, BREWERS, and the PACK!!!

Return to Milwaukee Brewers