Image Image Image Image

NFL Draft '08

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

NFL Draft '08 

Post#1 » by Cliff Levingston » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:33 am

Who are we going to take 5th overall? :)
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#2 » by Posey H8er » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:36 am

Andre Woodson
NoSkyy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#3 » by NoSkyy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:48 am

Colt Brennan.

<_< >_>
NLK
Head Coach
And1: 9
Location: CHICAGO is a big market with many Rings! Eat S#%T New York!

Post#4 » by NLK » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:01 am

Someone, anyone >>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Rex, Lovie, and Bears Management.
-NLK: Offending Djiboutians since November 2007
"You don't truly know someone, until you fight them."
"To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very essence that makes us human."
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#5 » by SportsWorld » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:02 am

Colt Brennan
TJ_Ford_11
Rookie
And1: 907

Post#6 » by TJ_Ford_11 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:08 am

SportsWorld wrote:Colt Brennan

All right, my man is getting some respect. How can you pass on drafting a QB that throws for 100 touchdowns a year? Although, if I remember correctly, Trent Dilfer had amazing stats as well in college. Hawaii will be undefeated and get Colt some recognition that will help him draft night.
ReggieTheus
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#7 » by ReggieTheus » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:18 am

Sadly I think the Bears will win enough to keep us out of getting a high pick, yet bad enough to not make the playoffs, typical.

If Angelo is picking in the first round it doesn't matter anyway, he's much better in the later rounds finding talent.
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#8 » by jax98 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:29 am

ReggieTheus wrote:Sadly I think the Bears will win enough to keep us out of getting a high pick, yet bad enough to not make the playoffs, typical.

If Angelo is picking in the first round it doesn't matter anyway, he's much better in the later rounds finding talent.

They should hire Paxson, and let him draft for them.

I've heard nice being said around the web about Colt Brennan. Never actually seen him play. How good is he?
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#9 » by DJhitek » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:08 pm

Brennan has a good arm and is accurate, he plays in a high powered offense with very little competition so I'm a little weary about him.

Brohm is very good though, has some good mobility and never plays bad against good competition. I would take him if I had the chance.
NoSkyy
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by NoSkyy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:01 am

DJhitek wrote:Brohm is very good though, has some good mobility and never plays bad against good competition. I would take him if I had the chance.

I would take that back if I was you. Lousville losing to both Kentucky and Syracuse in consecutive weekend is just telling me something is wrong with that program and if Brohm was as good as adversitied, I doubt that would happen. I mean, come on, Illinois beat Syracuse by a lot :nonono:
jumanji
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#11 » by jumanji » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:28 am

NoSkyy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I would take that back if I was you. Lousville losing to both Kentucky and Syracuse in consecutive weekend is just telling me something is wrong with that program and if Brohm was as good as adversitied, I doubt that would happen. I mean, come on, Illinois beat Syracuse by a lot :nonono:

Brohm passed for 365 against Kentucky and 550 against Syracuse, i guess your point is he should have played on the defensive side of the ball and stopped the oppostion.
NoSkyy
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by NoSkyy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:36 am

jumanji wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Brohm passed for 365 against Kentucky and 550 against Syracuse, i guess your point is he should have played on the defensive side of the ball and stopped the oppostion.

Hey, if Rex Grossman is required to stop Cedric Benson from fumbling, we need to hold out QBs to their upmost ability.

But seriously, I guess you're right but if Peyton Manning can will his team to victories against crappy NFL teams with a bad defense last year, I don't see why Brohm can't, that's just my point. I didn't even know his stats.

Someone should make me a Colt Brennan sig :D
natedog125
Junior

Post#13 » by natedog125 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:46 am

Hey, if Rex Grossman is required to stop Cedric Benson from fumbling, we need to hold out QBs to their upmost ability.

But seriously, I guess you're right but if Peyton Manning can will his team to victories against crappy NFL teams with a bad defense last year, I don't see why Brohm can't, that's just my point. I didn't even know his stats.

Someone should make me a Colt Brennan sig :D

As i said in a couple other threads Im all over the Brennan bandwagon. Ive seen him play personally when I lived in Hawaii for a bit and he is good. Having the coaching staff of June Jones and Glanville (granted old NFL coaches) will help him being prepared for the NFL. Glanville i think is gone this year but they still run a NFL type offense. Also yea they dont play great competition but they also dont have household names on offense with Brennan and doesnt seem to phase him. I couldnt name a receiver or RB on Hawaii if I thought all day.
natedog125
Junior

Post#14 » by natedog125 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:48 am

Another thing if I remember correctly wasnt Brennan supposed to play at a big time college? Im pretty sure he was
chibearsfan
Junior
And1: 3

Post#15 » by chibearsfan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:58 pm

Lets hold off drafting a QB and wait til next year when Tim Tebow will be available : )
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#16 » by Cliff Levingston » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:15 pm

Matt Ryan looks like a nice prospect too. 6'5" 220 with a nickname of "Matty Ice" for how cool he seems to be under pressure. Seems like a true pocket passer with decent mobility. Anyone know anything about him?
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#17 » by DJhitek » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:31 am

To no fault of Brohm's, Until the Colts actually played decent defense Manning could never get past the Pats or the Steelers to get to a Super Bowl so Manning really didn't overcome bad defensive teams.

My point was Brohm didn't lose the game for his team and played almost error free ball while still putting some pretty gaudy numbers. All you can say about Brennan is that he puts up unreal stats against inferior competition.
chibearsfan
Junior
And1: 3

Post#18 » by chibearsfan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:53 pm

Any chance that we're actually gonna get one of these QBs assuming we have a solid pick?

Return to Chicago Bears