vs.

Chicago Bears (1-2; T-3rd in NFC North)
vs.
Detroit Lions (2-1; 2nd in NFC North)

Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan

TV/Radio
FOX/WBBM 780

WEFFPIM's Tidbits: Bears Version

-So, no one is really sure what the Bears will look like come Sunday. Injuries abound on defense, pure ineffectiveness on offense. Here's to hoping that the Bears resemble a football team, not the back alley abortion it has been the first three weeks.
-The Lions haven't looked all the bad to start the season and can score like a hooker in Vegas. Boy, that'll sure be fun to watch them rape this awful pass defense.
-Rex Grossman or Brian Griese. Rex Grossman or Brian Griese. If this decision is so difficult to come by for the millions of Bears fans, I can only imagine the struggle the organization is having...
-Does anyone else think that Adrian Peterson looks like he was repeatedly stung by bees in the face?
-The Detroit defense is almost brutal, so human genetics will have to fling way out of whack to have the same number of appendages on your body as dropped passes by the Bears' receiving core.
-Who's the Lions starting tight end? Well, let's just say we'll get to know him VERY quickly.

Go Bears.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
richard
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by richard » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:00 pm

my tidbits:

-it doesn't matter that detroit's defense sucks. the bears offense sucks even more.
- their qb threw for almost 500 yards last week.
- benson hasn't been impressive so far.
- only way bears win if hester goes nuts and we get 3 defensive touchdowns. a lot of points will be needed to win, can't count on the offense for that.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,447

Post#3 » by CBS7 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:41 pm

Griese will complete 65% of his passes, throw for 200 yards, 2 TDs, and a pick as the offense will look the best it has all season. [/crazy homer prediction]

Benson will look good again, as the Bears win 24 - 20.
NoSkyy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#4 » by NoSkyy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:10 am

I want Benson to have something insane, like a 200 yard game.
NLK
Head Coach
And1: 9
Location: CHICAGO is a big market with many Rings! Eat S#%T New York!

Post#5 » by NLK » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:31 pm

Jeeezus H .....

I just heard via Waddle & Silvy, Tillman, Vasher, Harris (of course) are also added on to IR. Peanut might even miss the game vs. the GB wackers.

Griese & the offense have to put it up, to save our ailing Defense (and spare our backups taking those places of injuries). :pray: Griese goes for many (> 1) TDs with 0 INTs.
-NLK: Offending Djiboutians since November 2007
"You don't truly know someone, until you fight them."
"To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very essence that makes us human."
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#6 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:44 pm

If they're added to the IR, they can't come back. I think you heard wrong
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
NLK
Head Coach

Post#7 » by NLK » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:51 pm

Sorry, I meant they're not expected to play this sunday!
NoSkyy
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by NoSkyy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:57 am

Wow, we have no secondary. Vasher, Tillman, Mike Brown(already out for the season) and Archuleta(broken hand) are all out. I know we're deep, but I don't know about THAT deep.
ChronicKerr
Lead Assistant
And1: 59

Post#9 » by ChronicKerr » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:10 am

archuleta and tillman are out for sure? I thought both of them may play
NoSkyy
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by NoSkyy » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:52 am

ChronicKerr wrote:archuleta and tillman are out for sure? I thought both of them may play

Tillman out for sure. I really don't know if I trust Archuleta playing with a broken hand though so he's basically "out".
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#11 » by Posey H8er » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:56 am

I heard Archuleta will play with a broken hand. If we lose to the Lions, we know our season is over.
IVSKIN
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#12 » by IVSKIN » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:31 am

Posey H8er wrote:I heard Archuleta will play with a broken hand. If we lose to the Lions, we know our season is over.

Arch needs to sit out, he has been terrible this season. I am really **** choked that we lost Harris through trade now.

While saying that, I am pretty confident that we will win this game. The offense knows that they need to step up, and I think the bench players on D will play well. I still think the Bears will be the best team in the NFC. There are way too many reactionaries on this board. It is only week 4!
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,760

Post#13 » by dougthonus » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:05 pm

I thought Archuleta has been fine this season so far. Not special, particularly in coverage, but he's had some great stops against the run too.

We're going to find a lot about the Bears defensive depth this week. I'd be shocked if they can perform at anywhere near the starting caliber level and that's not a knock on them, but the starters are elite. If we don't get a good defensive performance then Griese is going to have to win a shootout for us. The Lions absolutely have WAY more talent on offense than us, so a shoot out would prove challenging.

Unfortunately, I expect a Bears loss this week with all of our missing players on defense. I just don't see us being able to perform at the elite level necessary to win.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#14 » by DJhitek » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:39 pm

Things might be a little easier to defend against the Lions if Calvin doesn't play. They are much more potent with the prospect of him on the field.

I'm with Doug on this one, I don't see a win here with so many injuries on the defense. Offense and Griese will have to win this game and I just don't think we can outscore the Lions with CJ and Roy.
NLK
Head Coach

Post#15 » by NLK » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:35 am

Agreed, I dont see a win, but I'd like to see a win if possible (by hook or by crook!).
If it sucks early on, or we get down real fast, and it isn't looking good...I suggest focusing on the CUBS.
or
the remainder of Week 4, like the other games:
My picks are here http://www.realgm.com/boards/football/viewtopic.php?t=2857
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by CBS7 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:05 am

It matters how our offense looks. I don't think its a stretch that they put up 400 or so yards against a terrible Lions defense if Griese isn't terrible, which is a pretty big if.

Them being without Calvin Johnson would be a big plus for us, but they still have Furrey and McDonald along with Williams.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by CBS7 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:06 pm

What a weird dream.

Griese started 1/3 for 5 yards and Grossman came in and was absolutely phenomenal. He threw for a couple and ran for one from around 20 yards out.

I dream football every saturday it seems.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,024

Post#18 » by Darth Celtic » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:53 pm

nice, lately i've been dreaming world of warcaft. Less stress the worrying about my bears getting beat by the lowely lions.

Well, lets hope we don't have to ban any packer trolls today, but that's too much to hope. Packers fans are like raptors fans for the basketball boards.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
NoSkyy
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by NoSkyy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:00 pm

Wow, did anyone see the screen of starters out? Interetsing enough, I don't know if I trust Fox that much, but Adam is out but Tillman and Harris are in. That suprised the crap out of me. Our secondary is essentially

Manning, Manning, Payne, and Tillman which isnt' that bad unitl you get into Nickel I guess. We should do fine.

I'm worired about Harris getting hurt. If Fox is right and Harris is indeed playing then I REALLY hope he doesn't injury his knee once again or we'll go from the deepest defensive team to about as good as the Lions.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,436

Post#20 » by Susan » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:07 pm

He's freaking unstoppable.

Return to Chicago Bears