Image Image Image Image

Anybody really on the Orton bandwagon?

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,759

Post#21 » by dougthonus » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:35 am

It's ironic to be coming off a superbowl appearance and having the fanbase feel hopeless.

I feel pretty good about Griese. I don't feel good about our offensive line, WRs, RB, or defense (when up to 5-7 opening day starters may be out).
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
NoSkyy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#22 » by NoSkyy » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:51 am

dougthonus wrote:It's ironic to be coming off a superbowl appearance and having the fanbase feel hopeless.

I feel pretty good about Griese. I don't feel good about our offensive line, WRs, RB, or defense (when up to 5-7 opening day starters may be out).

It really seems like the trend for the last few years(I bet Seattle felt the same when they lost Hasselback and Alexander)
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,081
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#23 » by Clint Eastwood » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:43 pm

dougthonus wrote:It's ironic to be coming off a superbowl appearance and having the fanbase feel hopeless.

i too feel good about griese. the o-line is a question, and the defense is decimated by injuries.

the receivers though are fine, especially if they have an nfl qb throwing to them. also it is important to get hester and bradley on the field. berrian is a budding star.

benson will be a great back. people are down on him, but just wait until teams arent daring the qb to beat them with 8 and 9 man fronts as they did with a high school qb throwing to them in grossman. mark it down, he will show everyone that he is an upper echelon back.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#24 » by dougthonus » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:18 am

the receivers though are fine, especially if they have an nfl qb throwing to them. also it is important to get hester and bradley on the field. berrian is a budding star.

I don't like our WRs. Hester hasn't proven he can do anything at WR, Bradley hasn't proven he can do anything and has at least 2 ACL tears in his career so I'm really doubtful of his current level of explosiveness. Berrian has potential, but he dropped 3 balls last week when he was wide open at times where it could have made a huge difference in the game. Muhammad is just past his prime and can no longer get separation. I think Berrian is a quality #2 WR, but he has to be the #1, because Muhammad isn't even a quality #2 anymore and no one else has proven they're good enough to even play as a #3.

benson will be a great back. people are down on him, but just wait until teams arent daring the qb to beat them with 8 and 9 man fronts as they did with a high school qb throwing to them in grossman. mark it down, he will show everyone that he is an upper echelon back.

We'll see. I've never liked Benson, but I agree that he hasn't had a real fair shot this year with the line and passing game being awful.
@doug_thonus on twitter
Howling Mad
General Manager
And1: 582

Post#25 » by Howling Mad » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:46 am

dougthonus wrote:I don't like our WRs. Hester hasn't proven he can do anything at WR, Bradley hasn't proven he can do anything and has at least 2 ACL tears in his career so I'm really doubtful of his current level of explosiveness. Berrian has potential, but he dropped 3 balls last week when he was wide open at times where it could have made a huge difference in the game. Muhammad is just past his prime and can no longer get separation. I think Berrian is a quality #2 WR, but he has to be the #1, because Muhammad isn't even a quality #2 anymore and no one else has proven they're good enough to even play as a #3.

We'll see. I've never liked Benson, but I agree that he hasn't had a real fair shot this year with the line and passing game being awful.

I completely agree with this

BB is a #2 receiver
Moose is a luxury #3, and a weak #2

For example Whosyourmomma would be number 1 on our team and Chris Henry would be #2, ahead of Moose.

Also, Benson needs more attempts and some rhythm with the running game.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,024

Post#26 » by Darth Celtic » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:09 pm

qb isn't the whole problem, changing it won't improve our offense, no matter who right now.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Howling Mad
General Manager
And1: 582

Post#27 » by Howling Mad » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:54 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:qb isn't the whole problem, changing it won't improve our offense, no matter who right now.

Agreed. Our offensive line is horrible. Our play calling and game strategy is horrible.

But now that we might be on a spiral down we might as well know if Orton can be our QB of the future.

Any takers on trying out Orton now?
NoSkyy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#28 » by NoSkyy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:58 pm

I would take Orton but I don't feel we should give up on Griese yet. I would kill to get rid of Ron Turner thouhg. He's just...I dont' know. I hadvn't seen anything from him as a play caller that has helped this team at all. Today, I felt we should of tried to run the ball more, but instead we passed so goddamn much. I don't know.

I feel now we aren't as sure to win every week and I defintetly don't think we can beat the Packers.

[/vent]
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#29 » by dougthonus » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:41 pm

Season's not over yet. It will be the game we switch to Orton. I'd give Griese at least one more start. The offense was able to move the ball well today and at least get first downs. Griese made some bad mistakes, but I'm willing to give him 1-2 more weeks to see if it's just rust.

If the Bears drop the next 2 games and Griese plays poorly then I'd consider trying Orton.
@doug_thonus on twitter
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#30 » by Shootdabull » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:39 pm

dougthonus wrote:Season's not over yet. It will be the game we switch to Orton. I'd give Griese at least one more start. The offense was able to move the ball well today and at least get first downs. Griese made some bad mistakes, but I'm willing to give him 1-2 more weeks to see if it's just rust.

If the Bears drop the next 2 games and Griese plays poorly then I'd consider trying Orton.

Trouble is if Griese plays like he did today we will be 1-5 and the season will be over. The only thing Griese showed me today was why Lovie never wanted to bench Rex. This was against a pitful lion defense and the story of the game was how great they were playing. Just think how bad he is going to look against a half way decent defense. I've seen enough of Griese I'd cut him tonight............
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,447

Post#31 » by CBS7 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:51 pm

Umm, I think he deserves more then one game? Grossman had 10 or so terrible games before he was benched.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,447

Post#32 » by CBS7 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:51 pm

Anyways, I think if you guys don't like Griese you will despise Orton.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Post#33 » by nitetrain8603 » Mon Oct 1, 2007 12:34 am

dougthonus wrote:

I don't like our WRs. Hester hasn't proven he can do anything at WR, Bradley hasn't proven he can do anything and has at least 2 ACL tears in his career so I'm really doubtful of his current level of explosiveness. Berrian has potential, but he dropped 3 balls last week when he was wide open at times where it could have made a huge difference in the game. Muhammad is just past his prime and can no longer get separation. I think Berrian is a quality #2 WR, but he has to be the #1, because Muhammad isn't even a quality #2 anymore and no one else has proven they're good enough to even play as a #3.

I didn't know that Hester even has gotten a shot. They use him as nothing more than a decoy.

Return to Chicago Bears