ImageImageImageImage

Talking about Watson

Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Talking about Watson 

Post#1 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun Apr 3, 2022 1:50 pm

His cap number this season isn't bad, but the $55 million cap number for the following seasons makes it harder to win. I expect Ward to be traded around the time of the draft, and could see Garrett and Chubb being traded after next season. It's nice to be relevant, but entering his prime with what could be a weak supporting cast can Deshaun Watson take the Browns to a Super Bowl win?
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Re: Talking about Watson 

Post#2 » by Celtsfan1980 » Fri May 6, 2022 12:31 pm

Kenny Pickett was available at 13. Personally I think I would have preferred him over Watson given the massive difference in cap space. I should keep an eye on him. He is a Steeler, so I hope I'm wrong.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Re: Talking about Watson 

Post#3 » by JonFromVA » Mon May 15, 2023 8:55 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:His cap number this season isn't bad, but the $55 million cap number for the following seasons makes it harder to win. I expect Ward to be traded around the time of the draft, and could see Garrett and Chubb being traded after next season. It's nice to be relevant, but entering his prime with what could be a weak supporting cast can Deshaun Watson take the Browns to a Super Bowl win?

I don't claim to know how cap management works in the NFL, but the Browns don't seem to have any problem adding talent inspite of Watson's paycheck. Apparently they've been able to roll-over a huge chunk of cash in to this year's cap plus there was a large cap spike.

Return to Cleveland Browns