ImageImageImageImage

Who are your ideal (realistic) Browns draft picks?

TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Who are your ideal (realistic) Browns draft picks? 

Post#1 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:17 pm

My top 4 are

Thomas
McCauley
Alama Francis
Soliai
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
GreenDemon
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#2 » by GreenDemon » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:13 pm

Outside of the first round really depends on who we pick with the first, that being said I am still pulling for Adrian Peterson. I know it wont exactly adress the QB situation but I am guessing we will probably adress that a little later in the draft or maybe go after Trent Green like we are talking about.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:16 pm

Trent Green is really of no use unless we draft a QB. Well unless you still have faith in Frye (which from what I've heard the Browns are).
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#4 » by gflem » Wed Apr 4, 2007 12:25 am

AP if thomas is gone. Staley if he is still there in the 2nd. otherwise best cb/ol available. it seems to be a deep draft for wr's, maybe 3rd or 4th round for a wr if someone worthwhile is still avail.
Smooth32
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#5 » by Smooth32 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 2:05 am

I think it really depends on what we do with the first pick...

If we go with Joe Thomas then we'll probably go RB, DL, then CB...

If we go with Quinn/Russel (please no Rusell) then we'll probably go DL, OL and CB...

If we go with Peterson then we'll probably go DL, OL, CB...

Regardless our needs our like this:

1. RB
2. QB
3. DE
4. CB
5. OG/OT

My dream draft - realistically - is the following:

1. Brady Quinn QB, Notre Dame
2. Justin Harrell DT, Tennessee
3. James Marten OG/OT, Boston College
4. Lorenzo Booker RB, Florida State
5. AJ Davis CB, North Carolina State
6. LaRon Harris DT, North Oklahoma State (formerly Tennessee)
7. BPA

I'd love to trade down with the Cardinals, Vikings or Falcons to acquire extra 1st day picks and still get AD, BQ or JT...
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#6 » by Gordon Bombay » Sat Apr 7, 2007 9:12 pm

hopefully ap in the first round

then any combination of defensive/offensive linemen and cornerbacks to round out day one
mup
Veteran
And1: 556

Post#7 » by mup » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:06 pm

I really am afraid that Joe Thomas won't be anything special.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:11 pm

I think the very same thing about Quinn
rjgraca
Head Coach
And1: 43

Post#9 » by rjgraca » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:24 pm

IMO, Joe Thomas right now would be the best Left Tackle that Browns have had since they returned in 1999 and that would be as rookie.
The Browns have not had an explosive running back liker Adrian Peterson since 1999 which would be a major upgrade which the Browns starting quarterback being Anderson or Frye would appreciate.

The Browns have had a quarterback like Quinn since 1999 and his name was Tim Coach. Granted that Coach was thrown into the fire too soon -- but I don't see Quinn having a bigger impact either.

The biggest impact player would be Peterson while the safest pick and return would come from Thomas.

I don't think that Staley will be there in the second round -- I believe the Patriots will take him at the end of the first round. There have been new reports about the Patriots interest and he has visited them.

The Browns actually need the best available defensive lineman in the 2nd round and a corner back in the 3rd round. The Browns have consistently had one of the worst run defenses in the NFL since there return in 1999 and desparately need some quality youth on the defensive line given that there starters right now are a little on the old side.

Trading down would allow the Browns to get another 2nd round help them get a corner back in the 2nd round.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#10 » by gflem » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:17 am

rjgraca wrote:IMO, Joe Thomas right now would be the best Left Tackle that Browns have had since they returned in 1999 and that would be as rookie.
The Browns have not had an explosive running back liker Adrian Peterson since 1999 which would be a major upgrade which the Browns starting quarterback being Anderson or Frye would appreciate.

The Browns have had a quarterback like Quinn since 1999 and his name was Tim Coach. Granted that Coach was thrown into the fire too soon -- but I don't see Quinn having a bigger impact either.

The biggest impact player would be Peterson while the safest pick and return would come from Thomas.

I don't think that Staley will be there in the second round -- I believe the Patriots will take him at the end of the first round. There have been new reports about the Patriots interest and he has visited them.

The Browns actually need the best available defensive lineman in the 2nd round and a corner back in the 3rd round. The Browns have consistently had one of the worst run defenses in the NFL since there return in 1999 and desparately need some quality youth on the defensive line given that there starters right now are a little on the old side.

Trading down would allow the Browns to get another 2nd round help them get a corner back in the 2nd round.

yeah, staley has really climbed after the combine. I'm truely hoping for ap or thomas in the first. all this quinn talk has me worried. I just dont think he is the guy to take this team to the playoffs and beyond. maybe if we had an established line and running game, but we are nowhere close to that.

If we could trade down to 6 or 9, and still get ap plus a 2nd that would be ideal. it would allow us to get a corner and lineman in the 2nd and go def lineman in the 3rd depending if they like who is available there.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:14 am

mup wrote:I really am afraid that Joe Thomas won't be anything special.

I'm still in the Joe Thomas camp

When Browns General Manager Phil Savage rattled off the top five players the Browns are considering drafting during a Browns Backers event last week, Thomas received the loudest cheers. That night, Savage said, "Joe Thomas might not be the sexiest pick, but he might be the wisest choice for the Browns at this time."

Thomas tore his right ACL in the Capital Bowl in 2005 when he volunteered to help out on defense because of injuries. He returned last season to start 13 games and win the Outland Trophy as the nation's best lineman. Along the way, he gave up only one sack and one quarterback pressure.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#12 » by Icness » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:52 am

My ideal Browns draft:
1st round--Adrian Peterson
2nd round--Ryan Kalil, C, USC
3rd round--Ray McDonald, DE/DT, Florida
4th--Travarious Bain, CB, Hampton
5th--Jeff Rowe, QB, Nevada
6th--Matt Toeaina, DT, Oregon
7th--Mel Purcell, DE, Hawaii

Alternate reality:
1st-Brady Quinn
2nd--Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee
3rd--Brandon Jackson, RB, Nebraska
4th--Manny Ramirez, G, Texas Tech
5th--Michael Coe, CB, Alabama St.
6th--Brandon Frye, T, Virginia Tech
7th--Ameer Ismail, OLB, Western Michigan
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:54 am

There are people that have moved Staley up into the upper half of the first round so he's definitely not going to be there in the second and he's moved a ton.

I'm just not feeling Kalil. He seems to be more of a zone blocking C to me and I don't think thats the way that we are trying to construct our offensive line.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#14 » by B Mac » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:22 am

Icness wrote:My ideal Browns draft:
1st round--Adrian Peterson
2nd round--Ryan Kalil, C, USC
3rd round--Ray McDonald, DE/DT, Florida
4th--Travarious Bain, CB, Hampton
5th--Jeff Rowe, QB, Nevada
6th--Matt Toeaina, DT, Oregon
7th--Mel Purcell, DE, Hawaii

Alternate reality:
1st-Brady Quinn
2nd--Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee
3rd--Brandon Jackson, RB, Nebraska
4th--Manny Ramirez, G, Texas Tech
5th--Michael Coe, CB, Alabama St.
6th--Brandon Frye, T, Virginia Tech
7th--Ameer Ismail, OLB, Western Michigan

I really dont want Kalil in the 2nd round. Im not sure why, I just dont want him.

Return to Cleveland Browns