ImageImageImageImage

Browns fans:Do you think the Browns repeated bad history?

HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Browns fans:Do you think the Browns repeated bad history? 

Post#1 » by HDMAVS760CA » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:11 pm

I bring this up cause decades ago, there was a player named Jack Lambert who grew up a Browns fan & was crushed when they passed on him. And well that sure backfired on them. The way the Browns are now, if you are a bad franchise/organization & there is someone that actually wants 2 play 4 you, you should take him. Unlike Dallas with Randy Moss & Stephen Jackson for examples. There's more in sports but can't think of anymore right now.
Screw Brady Quinn though, he is overrated. I'm glad the Vikings & Dolphins didn't take him. Although I wouldn't mind them taking him. Mainly where those 2 teams are selecting. I mainly hated that he thought that just because he's Brady Quinn that he should be taken no.1. And anyone who wants 2 play for Al Davis isn't thinking correctly.
If the Browns did take him, it would be nice. A player who grew up liking a team getting 2 play 4 his team growing up. Or Peterson cause they need an impact/hall of fame caliber player who doesn't get injured. Very rare that I believe in getting the best player available in the first round[should be late rounds] but the Browns have drafted the worst since they came back.
So did you think they messed up again?
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#2 » by B Mac » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:17 pm

Still a chance we get him. Pleeeeeease.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#3 » by L&H_05 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:22 pm

Nobody is ever an iron clad lock at being a star... You take a chance on all these guys... Unlike previous years where the Browns gambled on skill players, I'd much rather take a gamble on an Oline guy...

I will never have a problem drafting an offensive lineman in the first...

4 teams passed on Tomlinson...

Every team passed on Brady..

It's a crap shoot... But, I don't think it's a mistake taking Oline.. Even when the Raider took Gallery.. It was a gamble, and it didn't work out.. But they atleast had the right notion...
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#4 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:29 pm

You do know that Thomas was on record as wanting to play for the Browns also right?
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Post#5 » by HDMAVS760CA » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:00 pm

L&H_05 wrote:4 teams passed on Tomlinson...

Even when the Raider took Gallery.. It was a gamble, and it didn't work out.. But they atleast had the right notion...

At that time, the Raiders needed defense the most then. But that's why they ain't done jack in over 20 years & they've been yesterday's news. They mainly care about shocking the world & not getting needs.

Tomlinson said he didn't mind playing 4 them. Think if they had him, McNabb & Urlacher.

I don't know if the Thomas wanting 2 play 4 the Browns question was directed to me, but I didn't know that. I did know that he wanted 2 spend 2day fishing with dad & stay away from the spotlight. But :noway: another person loving 2 not respecting anyone's wishes.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:45 pm

During an interview Thomas was mentioning that his coach was previously a coach for the Browns. They'd had many conversation about how great and dedicated the fans were. And the similarities between Wisconsin and Ohio. This was the interview in which he stated that he'd like to play for the Browns.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#7 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:33 am

L&H_05 wrote:Nobody is ever an iron clad lock at being a star... You take a chance on all these guys... Unlike previous years where the Browns gambled on skill players, I'd much rather take a gamble on an Oline guy...

I will never have a problem drafting an offensive lineman in the first...

4 teams passed on Tomlinson...

Every team passed on Brady..

It's a crap shoot... But, I don't think it's a mistake taking Oline.. Even when the Raider took Gallery.. It was a gamble, and it didn't work out.. But they atleast had the right notion...

L&H, How ya doin buddy? I just wanted to say thanks for giving a top 5 pick next year to a team who will be coming off an impressive playoffs performance. :D

I havent seen you on the bucks board as much as i used to. Probably because for the past month and a half theres been three different topics. Bash Mo and praise Conley or Law (bunch of **** morons), who we'll get in the draft (i swear the same exact question, not even a slight difference in wording) has been asked in 50 different threads) and random other crap i cant think of atm. Anyways look forward to seeing you a bit more on there when things calm down a bit :D

Enjoy the Damon Jones of football (Quinn), the guy seems to think hes great and never shuts up.
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#8 » by L&H_05 » Tue May 1, 2007 4:45 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

L&H, How ya doin buddy? I just wanted to say thanks for giving a top 5 pick next year to a team who will be coming off an impressive playoffs performance. :D

I havent seen you on the bucks board as much as i used to. Probably because for the past month and a half theres been three different topics. Bash Mo and praise Conley or Law (bunch of **** morons), who we'll get in the draft (i swear the same exact question, not even a slight difference in wording) has been asked in 50 different threads) and random other crap i cant think of atm. Anyways look forward to seeing you a bit more on there when things calm down a bit :D

Enjoy the Damon Jones of football (Quinn), the guy seems to think hes great and never shuts up.
Within 2 years ----> Brady Quinn > Phony Homo

Difference being the following:

Brady Quinn is intelligent, will prepare properly, and ultimately be ready to carve up the opposing defense on every sunday...Homo, on the other hand, is as dumb as a box of rocks...

Honestly though, I'm actually glad the Cowboys traded with us again, and allowed us to take Eric Wright in round #2... Eric Wright will be a dominant corner in the NFL....

Browns = 1 year ahead of the curve... :nod:
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#9 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Tue May 1, 2007 6:55 pm

L&H_05 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Within 2 years ----> Brady Quinn > Phony Homo

Difference being the following:

Brady Quinn is intelligent, will prepare properly, and ultimately be ready to carve up the opposing defense on every sunday...Homo, on the other hand, is as dumb as a box of rocks...

Honestly though, I'm actually glad the Cowboys traded with us again, and allowed us to take Eric Wright in round #2... Eric Wright will be a dominant corner in the NFL....

Browns = 1 year ahead of the curve... :nod:

1st round pick next year> Brady Queer

As for Wright, how long til someone calls him Eazy-E?
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#10 » by L&H_05 » Tue May 1, 2007 7:30 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

1st round pick next year> Brady Queer

As for Wright, how long til someone calls him Eazy-E?
How dare you ?

Easy E is the next Champ Bailey...

Champ Brownie ???
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#11 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Wed May 2, 2007 2:37 am

L&H_05 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How dare you ?

Easy E is the next Champ Bailey...

Champ Brownie ???

See now im just confused.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed May 2, 2007 3:06 am

That's because you are trolling. Trolling can be confusing to many of us, but it's not allowed here.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#13 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Wed May 2, 2007 11:20 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:That's because you are trolling. Trolling can be confusing to many of us, but it's not allowed here.

Didnt mean to troll. Was just talking to my buddy L&H about a trade between our teams.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu May 3, 2007 4:04 am

I just realized that you are a Bucks fan. Yeah, I know he's over there quite a bit harrassing you guys. I get it now.
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#15 » by L&H_05 » Thu May 3, 2007 6:52 am

:thumbsup: :wizard:

Return to Cleveland Browns