ImageImageImageImage

Quinn is the pick

NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
And1: 0
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#21 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:27 am

just unbelievable you guys stoled a QB in this one. I've watched Notre Dame football for the past 6 years, he is the real deal , his personel was so poor and still led ND to that comeback vs Michigan I know people want to bring up the rosebowl but lets be honest a QB who has a great TD to INT ratio , you robbed this guy and stepped in before Baltimore got creative.
El Scorcho
Senior

Post#22 » by El Scorcho » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:35 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:Yeah, but they mortgaged next years draft to do it.

The way I look at it is they gave up their 2nd rounder for the ability to use next year's first rounder now. Quinn is basically a top 5 pick and I would rather have that now than tank another season with Charlie Frye and not even be guaranteed to get a player of Quinn's caliber next year.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#23 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:39 am

I hope he is a top 5 pick in talent. The jury is still out in my opinion. But since he's part of the Browns family I hope he becomes the next Joe Montana (notice, Notre Dame reference).
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
GreenDemon
Sophomore

Post#24 » by GreenDemon » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:40 am

Yeah the trade is looking better to me after going through a couple things. We would be drafting a QB with the pick next year so just getting him a year ealier is better IMO. I am not really sold on any of the guys that are coming out next year Brohm should probably be good but I am on the fence for Henne the other talked about QB. The way I see it we got two guys we wanted at the #3 so I am happy reagardless of what we gave up.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#25 » by B Mac » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:25 am

LOVE THIS TRADE!!

We would have had to have drafted a QB with our 1st rounder next year anyway so why not get him a year earlier to get more aclimated to the NFL, and for FAR less money? We will be saving roughly 20 million by taking what would have been our top ten pick next year at 22 this year and we can be extremely active in free agency AGAIN. All I have to say is thank God that we will actually have a QB with an arm playing behind that incredibly expensive o-line. Oh and Brady Quinn is light years ahead of any QB left in college right now. Its not even close IMO.

Everyone outside of Cleveland, except for Mark May who is a complete tool anyway, LOVES this move for the Browns. I know we are so used to everyone being a failure but we need to realize just how big of a break this is for our franchise. We just got our franchise LT and franchise QB in one freaking draft, and on top of that got a CB that could potentially be lock down in a very short period of time.

RB and Dline should now be the focus.

I havent been this excited about the Browns in years. This is a great feeling.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#26 » by gflem » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:05 am

I'm in late on this due to too many responsibilities for one weekend, but I am thrilled at the first day picks. finally we are sweeing how well savage can do his job. I havent seen todays picks yet though hopefully we got micheal bush.
mup
Veteran
And1: 556

Post#27 » by mup » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:21 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:Yeah, but they mortgaged next years draft to do it.
Dude, I'm sorry, but your negativity is just misguided. The Browns traded the 36th pick in this draft, and a first rounder next year (which, despite your pessimism, the Browns do not anticipate to be a top 5 pick) for a guy who was potentially the #1 pick in this entire draft, and a franchise qb.

While you look at it as trading the 36th pick and the 5th pick next year for the 22d best player in this draft, reality says they traded the 36th pick and the 14th? pick next year for the 3d best player in this draft. That is a steal. Outstanding move.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#28 » by B Mac » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:27 pm

Agree Mup.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#29 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:43 pm

By the way, stating that we've mortgaged next years draft is not negative it is mere fact. That doesn't mean it was a bad thing it just is. I think this is a good pick provided that Quinn performs. Heck, we gave up 2 first rounders for Kosar and that was a good move.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
mup
Veteran
And1: 556

Post#30 » by mup » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:50 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:By the way, stating that we've mortgaged next years draft is not negative it is mere fact. That doesn't mean it was a bad thing it just is. I think this is a good pick provided that Quinn performs. Heck, we gave up 2 first rounders for Kosar and that was a good move.
I agree with you then.

The Browns got outstanding value in return for that 1st round pick. Much better to trade it for Quinn than to save it to use on next year's equivalent of Justin Harrell or Anthony Spencer, and then regret that we could have used it to get a franchise qb like Quinn.
JoeyH
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#31 » by JoeyH » Mon May 7, 2007 1:47 am

Inappropriate image

Return to Cleveland Browns