ImageImageImageImageImage

4/24/07 Yanks @ Tampa Game 2 Wang is BACK!!!

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

KnickTerp12
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#61 » by KnickTerp12 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:45 am

Giambi shouldn't be swinging at or like that. Grrr. This is so frustrating. Yankees are supposed to be give me relief from the Knicks!

Nice hit by Hideki, good to have you back
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#62 » by NYKnSTILL! » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:45 am

KnickTerp12 wrote:Arod didn't see ANY of those pitches. Looked like 06 AROD

he can't keep winning games for us , and I agree w/ Moocow think about it Joe looks lifeless in game 18 of the season , he looks done, there is no way that any baseball fan can tell me this is the way to win games his bullpen subs is just ridiculous Myers ? over Henn or Brunney , Myers is GARBAGE !!!

I want Joe Girardi out of the YES BOOTH and into the dugout !!!
KnickTerp12
Bench Warmer

Post#63 » by KnickTerp12 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:46 am

Torre?! WTF? Why'd he put Melky in over Damon

NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#64 » by NYKnSTILL! » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:47 am

just get to around atleast to line up Alex on deck or for # 3 next inning
KnickTerp12
Bench Warmer

Post#65 » by KnickTerp12 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:47 am

NYKnSTILL! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

he can't keep winning games for us , and I agree w/ Moocow think about it Joe looks lifeless in game 18 of the season , he looks done, there is no way that any baseball fan can tell me this is the way to win games his bullpen subs is just ridiculous Myers ? over Henn or Brunney , Myers is GARBAGE !!!

I want Joe Girardi out of the YES BOOTH and into the dugout !!!

I agree. I wasn't getting on AROD, but that at bat reminded me a lot of last year

NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#66 » by NYKnSTILL! » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:48 am

KnickTerp12 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree. I wasn't getting on AROD, but that at bat reminded me a lot of last year

it's cool it's not at you my anger is at Joe Torre , this isn't Joe Torre this clueless JOE !!!
KnickTerp12
Bench Warmer

Post#67 » by KnickTerp12 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:55 am

Who's due up this inning? I can't even tell because of Torre's (Please Use More Appropriate Word) pinch running and hitting.

Cano
Melky
Doug
Cairo
????

Hmm. We're f'd

KnickTerp12
Bench Warmer

Post#68 » by KnickTerp12 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:57 am

ummm not a strike

KnickTerp12
Bench Warmer

Post#69 » by KnickTerp12 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:00 am

Your last place New York Yankees

ny_illmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 21

Post#70 » by ny_illmatic » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:01 am

Damn..5 straight losses

Boston lost again..we could've gained ground if we won these 2 games we were supposed to win

:nonono:
Abraham Lincoln
Banned User

Post#71 » by Abraham Lincoln » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:02 am

Simply pathetic. I know we have injuries but this is the Devil Rays...
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,711

Post#72 » by ccvle » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:02 am

sooner or later we have to admit our bullpen is not that good. The only guys I would trust are proctor and bruney and of course Mo.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#73 » by NYKnSTILL! » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:04 am

sooner or later somebody has to tell George Torre gotta go :noway:
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#74 » by cmaff051 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:09 am

NYKnSTILL! wrote:sooner or later somebody has to tell George Torre gotta go :noway:

Now that Randy Levine is gone, hopefully George has some more say.

This really needs to be done this offseason. I don't care. The Yankees need a new manager... a new breath of fresh air. We only have Mo for 1 or 2 more years max and we only have Jeter and Arod in their primes for another 5 years. Please get a new manager here who can manage a bullpen.
ccvle
Head Coach

Post#75 » by ccvle » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:16 am

As some of you have already known, I have nothing against Torre, but I do have to admit today that Torre was some what responsible for the loss.

I don't think Wang had enough to push over 100pitches,but I thought he still had a little left in the tank. I'm not going to blame Torre's management of the bullpen because I think our bullpen is overrrated anyway. Fransworth is brad lidge without the stuff. Vizcaino is nothing special. And I don't believe the bullpen sucks because we are over using it. Proctor and Villone were pitching every day last season and they didnt slow down until august, the same with quantrill in 04. This is what, third week of the season? And they are already burned out? A lot of the relievers around the league are pitching as much but still pitching strong.
ccvle
Head Coach

Post#76 » by ccvle » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:21 am

and im a firm believer that the bullpen is a protection, not a weapon.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#77 » by NYKnSTILL! » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:26 am

ccvle wrote:As some of you have already known, I have nothing against Torre, but I do have to admit today that Torre was some what responsible for the loss.

I don't think Wang had enough to push over 100pitches,but I thought he still had a little left in the tank. I'm not going to blame Torre's management of the bullpen because I think our bullpen is overrrated anyway. Fransworth is brad lidge without the stuff. Vizcaino is nothing special. And I don't believe the bullpen sucks because we are over using it. Proctor and Villone were pitching every day last season and they didnt slow down until august, the same with quantrill in 04. This is what, third week of the season? And they are already burned out? A lot of the relievers around the league are pitching as much but still pitching strong.

I basically put it like this his line up is what saves him, give Torre a lineupo w/ no Alex Rodriguez or Bobby Abreus or Giambi, he right now has gotten away from defensive strategy, offensive strategy and if our last line of defense for Torre is the bullpen , I'm sorry he has proven to kill arms , how long before Proctor , Brunney, Vizcaino and Henn get their arms or elbow pains ? or worse then what we're in last place and losing to teams that should not beat us , he's giving away games,it's time for the shake up , it's been time it's that alot of people are too mushy about him because of 4 rings in the past.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#78 » by TKF » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:34 am

So I am following the game on my phone via ESPN, I turn it off yanks up 3-2, I turn it back on, refresh browser and boom, Grand slam.... LOL.. WOW, this is a mess!!
AGGiE
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#79 » by AGGiE » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:57 am

ccvle wrote:As some of you have already known, I have nothing against Torre, but I do have to admit today that Torre was some what responsible for the loss.

Wang was no where near the 100's. He was still in the 80's. He was on 81 to be exact. Maybe Torre set an pitch limit for him since he is coming back from injury? :dontknow:
AGGiE
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#80 » by AGGiE » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:00 am

TKF, every time you write something, when I look at it, it looks like your laughing at evrything you say, cause I always see the smilie in your sig.. :rofl:

Return to New York Yankees