ImageImageImageImage

Browns add Shaun Rogers to defensive line

rjgraca
Head Coach
And1: 43

Browns add Shaun Rogers to defensive line 

Post#1 » by rjgraca » Sun Mar 2, 2008 3:34 am

I find it kind of funny that the Browns ended up with Rogers after the Bengels fumbled a trade attempt for him and the Browns stepped in and obtained him for a third round pick and CB Leigh Bodden. Yes, it's a risk to trade for him -- but he's been to the Pro Bowl twice and I am hoping the Browns can give him the motivation to be more consistent.

Inside the Shaun Rogers trade mess

heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#2 » by heathmalc » Mon Mar 3, 2008 5:39 pm

If Romeo and Tucker can keep Rogers in-line, he will be a HUGE asset to the Browns (Figuratively and literally). I watched him 3 times this past year, and he was always the guy that was getting ALL of the opposing team's attention....and even then he would continuously break free and cause the QB to throw bad passes.

Against the run...he is AWESOME!!!! He is big AND fast! Nobody will be running up the middle, that's for sure!
We the People...
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#3 » by Nolan » Thu Mar 6, 2008 1:56 am

This is a huge addition to this teams defense. If he can keep his head I see this defense doing alot of good things.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
rjgraca
Head Coach
And1: 43

Post#4 » by rjgraca » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:31 am

IMO, Rogers will work out just fine for the Browns and anchor their defensive line for at least the next three season if not longer. Romeo has the right temperment to handle Rogers in that he's not public with his displeasure and shoots straight with the players. I know this move is considered a risk, but I like these kind of risks where you get a guy with pro bowl talent.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#5 » by Icness » Fri Apr 4, 2008 6:48 pm

Having watched Rogers up close his entire career, I love this move for the Browns...with a big caveat:
Rogers absolutely has to be part of a rotation and play no more than 50% of the snaps. When he's fresh he is as dominating an interior line presence as anyone in the NFL right now. It's not a coincidence that the Lions D really fell off last season when Rogers lost his legs and his knee flared up again. He cannot be blocked with one person and he consistently beats double-teams when he's motivated and got his wind.

An underrated bonus with Rogers: he's far and away the best FG blocker in the league. He's blocked 6 or 7 kicks the last 3 seasons, including an extra point.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Super Bad
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Super Bad » Sun Apr 6, 2008 3:34 am

The biggest question for me is can Rogers stay in line, if he can then a great pick up for the browns, I too believe that Rogers can anchor this line for year to come.

In Phil Savage we trust

Return to Cleveland Browns