ImageImageImageImage

Browns 20, Bengals 12

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Browns 20, Bengals 12 

Post#1 » by Icness » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:16 am

Finally a win in 2008!

I'd like to say it was an impressive victory, but the truth is this was one of the lowest overall levels I've ever seen of NFL football between two teams. Other than that real impressive stretch in the middle of the 2nd half, the Browns looked pretty lousy. Nice first drive getting Lewis involved, but then the Bengals figured that out and made DA try and beat them.

The level of preparation and the attention to detail are sorely lacking. How on earth do you get 3 penalties for lining up in the neutral zone, two others for illegal formation/shift, and have to burn a timeout to avoid a 12-man on the field call? Last week there was much the same. That points to a coaching staff not getting their jobs done.

A win is a win, nonetheless, and heading into the bye the Browns can feel good about that.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Re: Browns 20, Bengals 12 

Post#2 » by Gordon Bombay » Wed Oct 1, 2008 4:39 am

i still dont feel too confident about the rest of the season...i dont see more than 5 wins out of this team at the moment (and thats being generous with the schedule we have the rest of the way)
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Re: Browns 20, Bengals 12 

Post#3 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Oct 1, 2008 9:51 pm

Well DA will be in there for another week.. and the Browns do have a bye.

If anything maybe they bought into their own hype too much. And by now they have been humbled enough to think it over for another week. 1-4 should settle in. 1-4 is not a playoffs record.

Hey, at least Edwards showed his talent with what looked like a one handed catch for that TD.

Lewis said he felt "beat up" at the end of the game. That's nothing you want to hear. Sadly maybe his body is at that age dispite his apparent great shape that he can't handle being a #1 workhorse back.

Return to Cleveland Browns