2007 NFL Draft

Moderator: Gremz

PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

2007 NFL Draft 

Post#1 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sun Apr 1, 2007 10:20 pm

Post anything related to the draft in here.

I'll start off by saying that, with any luck, CIN goes defensive for most of this draft. It's a weak year for DTs and LBs but a good year for DEs, CBs, and Ss.

Players to target: Adam Carriker, Chris Houston, Marcus McCauley, Reggie Nelson, Paul Posluszny, Darrelle Revis, Leon Hall, Jarvis Moss, and (sleeper) Ikaika Alama-Francis.

Go crazy.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#2 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 1:28 am

patrick willis is a good pick. i feel that only leon hall is good enough for the 18th pick. that's my opinion though. maybe chris houston. other than that, i think its fine if the bengals pick up a LB or DT in the 1st and draft a 2nd round CB.
Se7en WoRds
Lead Assistant
And1: 0
Location: The thought you had don't even contemplate, Infinite like figure eight there's no escape...

Post#3 » by Se7en WoRds » Mon Apr 2, 2007 1:58 am

Pat Willis would be great but I doubt he's on the board when we draft.
"Yo I'd rather have respect than money, no doubt
But listen to me y'all, I want the mass amount
That the Sesame Street Dracula cant Count"
Buck4Life
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Buck4Life » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:35 am

Posluszny would be a very solid pick.
He is the one guy I can see as NFL ready to contribute at a high level right away. Im very high on him.

I dont think going for a CB is a good idea. If going for a DB then a S would be better. Tho I think the first thing to address is our front 7. We litterally apply no pressure on QBs and RBs. One big reason our pass D is so bad is because QBs have all day to think and throw.

Our DE is set but we could use a DT who is more of an enforcer. or get the kind of LB who is all over the field. Poslusnzy is certainly one. If P.Willis is there then he is a must take but I doubt he will be.

Those are all my thoughts for now... i'll keep disscussing this as the draft approches

**when is the draft anyways? lol.. I forgot :lol:
Se7en WoRds
Lead Assistant
And1: 0
Location: The thought you had don't even contemplate, Infinite like figure eight there's no escape...

Post#5 » by Se7en WoRds » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:00 am

April 28- April 29
"Yo I'd rather have respect than money, no doubt
But listen to me y'all, I want the mass amount
That the Sesame Street Dracula cant Count"
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#6 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:08 am

my football noobs friends and i are going to have a beer party and watch the draft. its pretty fun. should be! woot! can't wait!!
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#7 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:44 am

we also need to fill our TE position.... don't know anyone on our TE squad other than reggie kelly..... our TEs are WEAK!
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:07 am

F**k. Forgot Willis. Although it's HIGHLY likely he goes Top 15 now.

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:we also need to fill our TE position.... don't know anyone on our TE squad other than reggie kelly..... our TEs are WEAK!

The Bengals evidently signed Tim Day to their roster. I only note this because Tim Day is a former Duck, but he's a good raw receiving TE. He may be groomed for future play, but I wouldn't bank on it.

This team definitely could cut a couple of the excess TEs who don't play and draft one, although the draft is just SO weak in TEs this year. Still, the draft is the way to fill that position best IMO.
Buck4Life
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Buck4Life » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:20 pm

No need to draft a TE too high, especially in our case where defense is most important and our offense is explosive either way.

Besides, its not like great recieving TEs ever make the diffrence between contenders and non contenders. I like blocking TEs more. Also add to the fact that our O-line is still solid but declining so its better having a blocking TE.

I wouldnt mind grabbing a recieving TE in the later rounds. But early rounds should all be focused on getting defensive talent and depth (and possibly some O-Line Depth).
CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#10 » by CJ_18 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 12:49 am

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:my football noobs friends and i are going to have a beer party and watch the draft. its pretty fun. should be! woot! can't wait!!

Dont pull a chris henry and be underage.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#11 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 3:10 am

CJ_18 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dont pull a chris henry and be underage.

ah... its college so.......
Buck4Life
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Buck4Life » Wed Apr 4, 2007 8:30 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=j ... &type=lgns

Cincinnati Bengals
Team needs: CB, LB, DT, S, OT
Overall pick/round: 18 (1), 49 (2), 114 (4), 151 (5), 187 (6), 230 (7), 253 (7)

CB: The Bengals are resigned to the fact that they must get stronger up front to stop the run. They also need fresher, faster legs in the secondary in order to improve as a defensive unit. They could follow up on last year's addition of Jonathan Joseph by adding a more physical corner with better ball skills to play opposite of Joseph. Since the Bengals are without a third-round pick after using it in last year's supplemental draft on Ahmad Brooks, they have been shopping veteran cornerback Deltha O'Neal in the hopes of obtaining an extra first-day choice.

LB: The entire organization felt this position was in fine shape just two years ago after drafting Odell Thurman and David Pollack. They are now faced with the potential permanent loss of Thurman because of his off-field issues and Pollack has said recently that if his neck injury clears up, defensive end might be his best position. There are still high hopes for Brooks to take over in the middle, but overall the Bengals lack depth and could use a playmaker early in the draft to stem the tide of negative moves at this position.

DT: If a space-eater like Michigan's Alan Branch slides, the Bengals could be enticed to trade up. As of now, they are relying on veteran Sam Adams, who has lost a step and become more of a situational player, and either John Thornton or Domata Peko to be their starters. If they opt for cornerback or linebacker in the first round, they should obtain a high-motor guy who can rotate in behind Adams with an eye toward starting in 2008.

S: Veteran Dexter Jackson has lost a step and while they like what they saw out of John Busing as a rookie in practice, he is too raw to be counted on as more than a special teams guy in 2007. Versatile Ethan Kilmer will be tried starting full-time at mini-camp. While he has the speed and range to develop, he lacks the size and tackling ability to play full-time next season. Expect them to target a strong safety in the middle rounds.

OT: You could make the argument that Andrew Whitworth was their most effective rookie last season as he logged a total of 12 starts because of Levi Jones' knee injuries. He seems to be the long-term answer for one of the two tackle spots, but it would be wise to develop someone else.
CJ_18
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by CJ_18 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 4:38 pm

Buck4Life wrote:They could follow up on last year's addition of Jonathan Joseph by adding a more physical corner with better ball skills to play opposite of Joseph. they have been shopping veteran cornerback Deltha O'Neal in the hopes of obtaining an extra first-day choice.

[/quote]

I thought Joseph had decent ball skills. But is Leon Hall a guy with great ball skills? Ive heard Chris Houston has average ball skills and those are the only 2 Corners I'd take at 18.

I'd also like to see Deltha moved so we can get the 3rd round pick we dont have right now.
Buck4Life
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Buck4Life » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:09 am

Ive watched CB Darrelle Revis a few times this season and read many scouting reports on him. I very high on the guy. Great on ball skills and a great kick returner. Exactly what we need. Only knock on him on my part is that like Joseph he cant get a hold of the ball for some reason. He drops some INTs. But ill take two possible shut down corners over Interception-only corners any day. Id truly take him over Leon Hall... im not too high on him for some reason.

Alan Branch's stock is dropping and could be available at our pick. He has massive potential and we could use a young DT. But should we take the risk?

I heared the bengals are pretty high on Lawrence Timmons and would take a long look at him if he is still there.

There was also speculation we might take a look at Greg Olsen or Ted Ginn Jr. But I HIGHLY doubt we take either. And I hope we dont.

Whatever we go with, I believe we should end up with a pretty good defensive iumpact player in the first round. There are many good prospects available at diffrent defensive positions. We have so many holes that we cant afford to pick by need. I say we should simply take the best available defensive player on the board. Only exception would be not taking a DE since we already got that filled. Hopefuly Marvin gets a good night sleep and uses his head :)

Less then 24 hours! Im pumped! :clap:
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:20 am

Buck4Life wrote:Ive watched CB Darrelle Revis a few times this season and read many scouting reports on him. I very high on the guy. Great on ball skills and a great kick returner. Exactly what we need. Only knock on him on my part is that like Joseph he cant get a hold of the ball for some reason. He drops some INTs. But ill take two possible shut down corners over Interception-only corners any day. Id truly take him over Leon Hall... im not too high on him for some reason.

Alan Branch's stock is dropping and could be available at our pick. He has massive potential and we could use a young DT. But should we take the risk?

I heared the bengals are pretty high on Lawrence Timmons and would take a long look at him if he is still there.

There was also speculation we might take a look at Greg Olsen or Ted Ginn Jr. But I HIGHLY doubt we take either. And I hope we dont.

Whatever we go with, I believe we should end up with a pretty good defensive iumpact player in the first round. There are many good prospects available at diffrent defensive positions. We have so many holes that we cant afford to pick by need. I say we should simply take the best available defensive player on the board. Only exception would be not taking a DE since we already got that filled. Hopefuly Marvin gets a good night sleep and uses his head :)

Less then 24 hours! Im pumped! :clap:

I'm stoked too. I'm ready to HIGHLY scrutinize the Bengals' draft.

I'm at the point where it's Regis, Carriker, or bust. Everything else on the defensive end seems good, but kind of flawed. The secondary depth is so vast that I'd really look to tap into that area.

I'm also wondering...maybe it'd be beneficial for the Bengals to trade down and grab Joe Staley. With Levi Jones and Joe Staley, the Bengals could have the most dominant offensive line in the division once Ogden hangs 'em up.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#16 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:40 am

mr. iceness told me bengals are high on aaron ross as well.
Buck4Life
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Buck4Life » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:11 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm stoked too. I'm ready to HIGHLY scrutinize the Bengals' draft.

I'm at the point where it's Regis, Carriker, or bust. Everything else on the defensive end seems good, but kind of flawed. The secondary depth is so vast that I'd really look to tap into that area.

I'm also wondering...maybe it'd be beneficial for the Bengals to trade down and grab Joe Staley. With Levi Jones and Joe Staley, the Bengals could have the most dominant offensive line in the division once Ogden hangs 'em up.

I am not taking away anything fromt he importance of reconstructing our O-Line for the near future. But defense is priority #1 and if we go with anything but defense Id be very dissapointed.

Also, I doubt Carriker would drop that low. Id be more then fine with Nelson but wouldnt take him over Revis. Revis fills two huge holes for us and IMO is the DB with the highest potential in the area where we would be picking.

mr. iceness told me bengals are high on aaron ross as well.

In the first round? :o
I hope to god not.

I dont mind him in the second tho. but I would certainly like to get a DT like Tank Tyler in the second.

One hole outside overall defense and return game that we havent disscussed much is the speed backup RB we need to complement Rudi. Any ideas who we could draft in the mid to later rounds to help in that area?.
Red Robot
Assistant Coach
And1: 113

Post#18 » by Red Robot » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:28 pm

Bengals are up! Branch and Hall both available. I'd be happy with either one.
CJ_18
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by CJ_18 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:34 pm

Bengals Currently on the clock...

I say they should take...

- CB, Chris Houston
- CB, Aaron Ross
- DT, Alan Branch
- S, Reggie Nelson
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod