2007 NFL Draft

Moderator: Gremz

Red Robot
Assistant Coach
And1: 113

Post#21 » by Red Robot » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:49 pm

Nice. That was a gift. The CB position looks strong all of a sudden.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#22 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:16 pm

LEON HALL :cry: < tears of joy
CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#23 » by CJ_18 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:51 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:And Leon Hall it is

I think it's a BAD Choice. Not b/c Leons a bad player but b/c the players who are better/better fits.

Other Guys worthy of going ahead of him...

- DT, Alan Branch- Ok, we had one of the worst pass defenses last year. But there wont be any passes if the QB cant throw the ball!! Ok, hes not a pass rusher, but he's a road block, a road block that can block 3 roads. Hes as big as Sam Adams and but stronger and more athletic. The beef on him is he "doesnt use his hands well". WTF, who cares, atleast he uses his fingers well. O, and if yuou doubt hes athletic, just remember he returned 5 punts for TD's in highschool.

- CB, Aaron Ross
- S, Reggie Nelson

Prove me wrong (Leon).

BTW, monkeyfeng, notice how i dont have Chris Houston up there and im a HUGE Chris Houston Believer.
Buck4Life
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Buck4Life » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:28 am

1. I cant belive we took an offensive player in the second round
2. I cant believe we took Kenny Irons instead of Chris Henry

Hopefully Im wrong and Irons pans out to be the perfect complement to Rudi and evetully our future back.
Buck4Life
Head Coach

Post#25 » by Buck4Life » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:36 am

Better yet... you want to draft offense?

Why not draft C Ryan Kalil. By far the best C in this draft and almost a sure probowler. The guy is a beast. And we could use a C for the future.

Just a bad pick in the 2nd round IMO
Buck4Life
Head Coach

Post#26 » by Buck4Life » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:47 am

Any chance we put Leon Hall at safty and move Williams to CB?

Compares To: Ronde Barber, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#27 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:48 am

^ hell no! keep leon hall at CB and madieu williams at FS. i don't get why people want them to switch.... they will need to learn their new roles and stuff and its time consuming so i think its stupid.

dude, leon hall is a awesome pick. revis would have been better but both players are what i wanted. chris houston? the guy slipped and i heard he doesn't have any ballhawking skills. alan branch? laziness? hell no, i don't want any guy with character issues on the bengals. plus i don't think drafting another DT is a good choice. we've got peko, adams, thronton and myers so i think we are set. (not the best i know...) aaron ross is also good but leon hall is considered the better corner. reggie nelson? hell no, the guy is (Please Use More Appropriate Word). i heard he can't even sign his own signature and he sucked at interview so no way the begnals draft him.

also kalil? hm... we are stocked in center. Eric Ghiaciuc, Ben Wilkerson and Alex Stepanovich, why another center?

kenny irons? surprising pick but i like it. dual back system is popular now and chris perry is injury prone. another running back deson't hurt. plus irons has good explosiveness and can be a homerun threat. rudi the power runner and kenny the homerun threat. think about it!! our offense is more versatile!!

chris henry.... he's just a combine monster.... does that translate into good games? no way. kenny iron is a better player and a proven player. chris henry just came in the combine and ran a 4.4 and shocked the scout but he has no real good background achievements and such. i think kenny irons is the better pick.
Buck4Life
Head Coach

Post#28 » by Buck4Life » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:42 am

Check out my sig yo! :D
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:48 am

Leon Hall was a good pick. He was the best player available, especially when Revis went off the board. Marvin Lewis should find a way to make him work.

Questionable pick of Irons considering that quite a number of good defensive players were still on the board. Lightening Rudi Johnson's load is not enough justification for me. This pick will bite the Bengals in the ass.

It makes it even worse that every single team in the division has had a phenomenal draft thus far.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#30 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:10 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:Leon Hall was a good pick. He was the best player available, especially when Revis went off the board. Marvin Lewis should find a way to make him work.

Questionable pick of Irons considering that quite a number of good defensive players were still on the board. Lightening Rudi Johnson's load is not enough justification for me. This pick will bite the Bengals in the ass.

It makes it even worse that every single team in the division has had a phenomenal draft thus far.

yeah, iron doens't really help the bengals that much but i think it doesn't hurt either.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:06 am

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

yeah, iron doens't really help the bengals that much but i think it doesn't hurt either.

The Lions did the same thing with Brian Calhoun last year, and Calhoun was a huge disappointment. I fear the same will come of the Bengals.

It's a good idea in theory, but with Chris Perry (another Bengals bust) still around, it's a bit questionable IMO.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#32 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:05 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Lions did the same thing with Brian Calhoun last year, and Calhoun was a huge disappointment. I fear the same will come of the Bengals.

It's a good idea in theory, but with Chris Perry (another Bengals bust) still around, it's a bit questionable IMO.

bengals drafted rudi johnson when corey was still around and look what happened? i'm not saying rudi will be gone but i think its a fine pick. surprising and weird but there's a reason for it. plus, dual back system is super popular now. look at the teams that used dual back last year: chicago, new orleans, indianapolis, new england. that's a crazy list. i would like to see it happen in cincy. plus, if chris perry is health, he can be our 3rd or 4th receiver.
CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#33 » by CJ_18 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:08 pm

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

dual back system is super popular now. look at the teams that used dual back last year: chicago, new orleans, indianapolis, new england. that's a crazy list. i would like to see it happen in cincy.

Agreed. I would say a successful dual back system would look very good with contrasting backs (ex: Reggie-speed, Deuce-power). Rudi is obviously a power back and Irons looks to be in between. He ran a 4.5 but he's quick with average strength. I TOTALLY agree with Buck when he says HOW CAN YOU PICK IRONS OVER HENRY!?!?! Agreed. Henry ran a 4.4 and he's a TANK! 6'-230, and he's strong! Who would want to try to defend TWO 230 pound backs with a 270 pound Jeremi Johnson waiting to sub in? Though we have had troubles with "Chris Henrys" in the past.
Buck4Life
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Buck4Life » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:09 pm

Day 2 we gotta target:
-A safety
-DL
-OLB

We drafted FS Marvin white in the 4th. Pretty good pick IMO... could develope into a pretty nice player. A little small but quick and can cover a lot of ground with great lateral movement.

I really like Jeff Rowe, He reminds me of Kitna in a way. Should be a very good back up. BUT did we really need to spend a pick on a QB?

And our 6th round pick is just in...
DE/DT Matt Toeaina

WHO? :eek1:
Red Robot
Assistant Coach
And1: 113

Post#35 » by Red Robot » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:36 pm

I'm not very impressed with Toeaina... and I'm an Oregon fan. He looked to me like a good college lineman but not someone particularly special.

White looks OK, but Irons and the QB weren't necessary. I think the draft went south pretty fast after the Hall pick.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#36 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:44 pm

CJ_18 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Agreed. I would say a successful dual back system would look very good with contrasting backs (ex: Reggie-speed, Deuce-power). Rudi is obviously a power back and Irons looks to be in between. He ran a 4.5 but he's quick with average strength. I TOTALLY agree with Buck when he says HOW CAN YOU PICK IRONS OVER HENRY!?!?! Agreed. Henry ran a 4.4 and he's a TANK! 6'-230, and he's strong! Who would want to try to defend TWO 230 pound backs with a 270 pound Jeremi Johnson waiting to sub in? Though we have had troubles with "Chris Henrys" in the past.

why chris henry..... this guy is the perfect example of a workout beast and got a 4.4 in combine and everyone went "WOOOOWWW" and want to waste a 2nd round pick on him........... he hasn't prove anything in college. he didn't start in high school and COLLEGE!!! and it's arizona!!! if you can't even start on the arizona wildcat football team, that guy is not a worth a 2nd round pick EVER!!!
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#37 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:40 pm

i'm upset that we didn't draft any TE. we passed on Ben Patrick... Why? we could have drafted the guy in round 6 or even round 5 or Tyler Ecker who is a good blocker. sigh.........
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:13 pm

What's wrong with Matt Toeaina? He's my boy. :cheesygrin: He's a bit undersized but he's strong and can play both DE and DT. Not starting material, but he could be a very good situational player, especially against the run. I like the pick for the Bengals.

Jeff Rowe makes some sense...there's no depth behind Carson really, so he's not a bad choice. But in round 5?

The other players we drafted in the secondary could be good or could be weak...we'll see.

Not a bad second day...some needs were addressed and we got some pretty good players.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#39 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:24 pm

i don't know.... jeff rowe in round 5th? i would have draft a capable TE in that round. we can just pick some QB in round 7 as our "3rd" string QB behind doug johnson. QB like matt moore or zebransky. i think that round 5 was a waste.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:05 am

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:i don't know.... jeff rowe in round 5th? i would have draft a capable TE in that round. we can just pick some QB in round 7 as our "3rd" string QB behind doug johnson. QB like matt moore or zebransky. i think that round 5 was a waste.

I'd have rather had Jared Zabransky and Michael Allan in the 7th, but there are any number of different things that could have happened.

Jeff Rowe didn't get a lot of looks at Nevada, but he was lauded as a good player. It's a surprise, but you just hope that he's being groomed as the backup of the future, even if he was taken too high.

Return to Cincinnati Bengals