Bengals resign Landon Johnson

Moderator: Gremz

Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Bengals resign Landon Johnson 

Post#1 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:16 am

The Bengals also signed their leading 2006 tackler, restricted free-agent linebacker Landon Johnson.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10139296

:clap: i like LJ.
Buck4Life
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#2 » by Buck4Life » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:34 am

:clap:
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:22 am

Pretty much a no-brainer. He led the team in tackles, so you keep him.

We also resigned Stacy Andrews at G. Not only have I never heard of him, but according to the wiretap he cost us a pick.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#4 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:16 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:Pretty much a no-brainer. He led the team in tackles, so you keep him.

We also resigned Stacy Andrews at G. Not only have I never heard of him, but according to the wiretap he cost us a pick.

really? you don't know stacy andrews? i heard he's a pretty good guard. jets wanted to sign him but they don't want to give up the second round pick so i guess just resign him again.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:30 am

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

really? you don't know stacy andrews? i heard he's a pretty good guard. jets wanted to sign him but they don't want to give up the second round pick so i guess just resign him again.

I would have let him walk for the Jets' second-rounder. It'd be highly likely that a good CB or S would be available to solidify the secondary.

We also re-signed Caleb Miller, who was third on the team in tackles. Again, a no-brainer, if ultimately conservative, move.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#6 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:02 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I would have let him walk for the Jets' second-rounder. It'd be highly likely that a good CB or S would be available to solidify the secondary.

We also re-signed Caleb Miller, who was third on the team in tackles. Again, a no-brainer, if ultimately conservative, move.

well, its not on the bengals. the jets didn't want to spend their 2nd round pick on the andrews. if the jets want him, hell, i would definitely trade him for a 2nd round pick but it didn't happen that way.

miller is a good resign. he should solidify our LB position... hope miller and johnson will have a good year. oh please brooks, have a breakout year.

i guess thurman ain't coming back..... but i don't want him to go with other teams though... he's a scary player that might be on a mission to make the bengals look bad...

Return to Cincinnati Bengals