RF Casey Blake- .250
1B Ryan Garko- .333
SS Jhonny Peralta- .364
2B Josh Barfield- .143
3B Andy Marte- .077

Friday's Pitching Matchup
Image LHP- Image Horacio Ramirez

Scouting Report:
A solid Spring Training moves Ramirez up one spot in the rotation. The left-hander relies on precise location in and around the strike zone, a Jamie Moyer clone with a little better stuff. The former Brave never has faced the Indians and pitched against only three AL teams in his career, which includes an 11-win season in 2005.

Image RHP- Image Paul Byrd

Scouting Report:
It's rare for a 36-year-old to work a new pitch into his repertoire, but that's what Byrd's done this spring. He's added a split-finger for use against left-handers, who torched him for a .369 average in what was a difficult '06 season for the veteran. Byrd has endeared himself to his teammates with his willingness to help out the Tribe's young pitchers. But the Indians need Byrd, who's in the last year of a two-year, $14.25 million deal, to be as helpful on the mound as he has been in the clubhouse.

--------------------------------------------

Saturday's Pitching Matchup
RHP Jeff Weaver vs LHP CC Sabathia 7:05pm EST(STO)
Sunday's Pitching Matchup
RHP Felix Hernandez vs RHP Fausto Carmona 1:05pm EST(WKYC 3)
Monday's Pitching Matchup
LHP Jarrod Washburn vs RHP Jake Westbrook 7:05pm EST(STO)

Scouting Reports from: http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers.jsp?c_id=sea
GreenDemon
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#2 » by GreenDemon » Fri Apr 6, 2007 4:30 am

Will be nice to see the Tribe at home this week how ever cold it may be. I might be able to make it to the opener tommorrow depending on if my friend gets tickets or not and I will defiantly be there Saturday and I am looking forward to seeing C.C. pitch. A nice way to spend easter weekend home from college if I do say so myself.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#3 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Apr 6, 2007 6:00 am

Yea have a good time and hopefully the Tribe pulls out a W while you're there GD. I don't think I'm gonna make it the first two series at home. I am going for the series with the WhiteSux next weekend. My brother already got us tickets, somewhere down the first baseline. I just hope they don't postpone any of these games with Seattle. We aren't wussies like those boys in Detroit. Bring it on mother nature. :lol:
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#4 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Apr 6, 2007 8:34 pm

Wow, alot of snow fell earlier on the field. Great job by the grounds crew to get the field looking ready to play some baseball. The game is on delay.. Looks like we might get this game started sometime around 5pm. From the way Jim Donovan is talking in the pregame, this game will be played.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#5 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Apr 6, 2007 9:35 pm

Well, only in the second inning and we're already on delay again from snow. Indians did a good job working the count with Ramirez in that first inning(over 30 pitches). It's a shame Grady got picked off, could have put up another run. Got lucky that Beltre threw one into RF to get Michaels to score. It was a perfect double play ball off the bat of VMart. Our offense though good, is having problems getting the runs in with the bases juiced. I hope that's not a sign of what this season will be like. This lineup will have plenty of more opportunities like that. Geez I hope this game doesn't get called.

Top of the second inning- 1-0 Indians.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#6 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Apr 6, 2007 9:57 pm

LOL, once again the game is stopped after 1 pitch from resuming play. I don't think this one will get played today. One of the strangest Opening Day's at Cleveland ever already.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#7 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Apr 6, 2007 10:39 pm

Oh no, bad news. Victor Martinez just left the game with a muscle pull running to first base. Hopefully it's nothing major.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#8 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Apr 6, 2007 11:24 pm

Where is everyone? This is hilarious stuff. The snow has picked up again. The Indians are 1 strike away from getting to the point of an official game. Mariners manager Mike Hargrove has come out to argue to get this game called. This is nuts.

EDIT: Delayed for the third time. I will be so mad if they call this right now. You atleast have to try to get this fifth inning in.
El Scorcho
Senior

Post#9 » by El Scorcho » Fri Apr 6, 2007 11:45 pm

We're one strike away from a win. Hargrove stalled and got the umps to suspend play. They better get this one started agian or I'll be pissed.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#10 » by LoveThemCavs » Sat Apr 7, 2007 12:43 am

They just called this game. Merry Christmas Seattle. You got outplayed and it won't count. Good thing it wasnt warmer outside, the fans would have plastered the field with objects. :x
GreenDemon
Sophomore

Post#11 » by GreenDemon » Sat Apr 7, 2007 4:18 am

Up until the fourth Byrd was pitching well too, heck he had a no hitter still going when they called the game not that I expected it to last or anything. Will be intresting to see if they can get the games in tommorrow cause I am pretty sure they are expecting lake effect snow again tommorrow.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#12 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Apr 7, 2007 4:19 am

Who the heck was left after the multi hour delay, frigid cold and snow?
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#13 » by LoveThemCavs » Sat Apr 7, 2007 7:13 am

They are lucky no doubt, sorry about this post. Hopefully we can get this series in without having to make the games up. Worst part about this game, is Victor got hurt for nothing.
RockyBalboa
Banned User

Post#14 » by RockyBalboa » Sat Apr 7, 2007 11:05 am

I'm a mariner fan.... you have all the right to be pissed!
GreenDemon
Sophomore

Post#15 » by GreenDemon » Sat Apr 7, 2007 5:21 pm

Now that they have postponed both games today it should be fun for them finding a time to reschedule a game sometime throughout the season that could have easily been finished.
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by kg2005 » Sat Apr 7, 2007 7:04 pm

Triple header.
NateMustGo
Starter
And1: 1

Post#17 » by NateMustGo » Sat Apr 7, 2007 9:25 pm

GreenDemon wrote:Now that they have postponed both games today it should be fun for them finding a time to reschedule a game sometime throughout the season that could have easily been finished.
They shouldnt have been playing the game in the first place. I bet you guys miss Grover after the job he did yesterday.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#18 » by LoveThemCavs » Sat Apr 7, 2007 9:38 pm

Actually we have no problem with snow. If you can't deal with it, you shouldn't be playing sports. They should have finished that game. I don't miss Hargrove at all. He was lucky to be manager of one of the most talented teams in Cleveland history. And he still couldn't get the job done. He hasn't managed a team with a winning record since he left.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#19 » by B Mac » Sun Apr 8, 2007 5:41 am

As I posted on the Cavs board I was up in Cleveland sitting in the Cleveland Clinic waiting room. I was lucky enough to get ahold of a tv and was watching the pregame etc... I was actually a block from the Jake and had the game on the radio when Hargrove came out to argue. It was snowing REAL hard right before and then when he came out it was a complete white out. Im not sure Grover knew that was coming, but mother nature definately helped his cause because that was flat out horrible.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#20 » by LoveThemCavs » Sun Apr 8, 2007 6:51 pm

Looks like both games are postponed again today. This could be a major problem trying to find a date to make these games up.

Return to Cleveland Indians