Bengals Release Sam Adams

Moderator: Gremz

Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Bengals Release Sam Adams 

Post#1 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon May 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Taking advantage of their newfound depth at defensive tackle to get younger at the position, the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday released 13-year veteran Sam Adams, one of the league's top interior run defenders during his career.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2870187

:-? i hate to see him go. i thought he still has one or two years left in him..... sad......... sigh.....
Buck4Life
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#2 » by Buck4Life » Tue May 15, 2007 2:18 am

Looks like we dont really plan on winning now. Adams was still our best DT IMO. Yes, gotta develop the young guys but I truly believe that our time to win starts NOW. Dumb move :banghead:
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#3 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Tue May 15, 2007 4:23 am

well the thing is, marvin lewis knows sam adams pretty well. i bet there's something going on with sam adams that the bengals let him go. maybe his knee is still messed up or he is overweight again......
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Tue May 15, 2007 6:08 am

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:well the thing is, marvin lewis knows sam adams pretty well. i bet there's something going on with sam adams that the bengals let him go. maybe his knee is still messed up or he is overweight again......

Agreed. Adams is the best DT on the roster, and if he isn't in football shape he would be struggling. This move caught me completely off guard.

Now the defensive line looks even weaker. F**k.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#5 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Tue May 15, 2007 6:47 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Agreed. Adams is the best DT on the roster, and if he isn't in football shape he would be struggling. This move caught me completely off guard.

Now the defensive line looks even weaker. F**k.

well, peko is getting alot of talks. he's probably going to be our best DT now. i guess allen and myers can fill the spot right. it looks alot weaker on the paper but i think this year will be a better year for the defensive lines. last year was just horrible...

Return to Cincinnati Bengals