Head Coach
And1: 1

SI's Bengals '07 preview 

Post#1 » by Buck4Life » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:51 pm

Bengals '07 preview
By Chick Ludwig
For Sporting News
July 15, 2007

This season represents a window of opportunity for the Bengals. If the defense improves
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#2 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:45 am

I have confidence that the offense will once again rule the day most Sundays. Given that Whitworth/Jones will probably become a standout pair of tackles and Ghiaciuc/whoever plays guard will be suitable, the offensive line is not much of a problem...it's just not that deep.

Defensively...ugh.

I'm not so hyped up on the line as some (*coughmonkeyfengcough*) are...Justin Smith's good but he's not dynamic; Geathers is dynamic but he's not good (yet).

Linebacker's probably the worst position on the entire team. Ahmad Brooks needs to learn to scare people.

The secondary's gonna look pretty bad at safety but improved at corner. We've got Joseph, Hall, O'Neal, Ratliff...they'll do OK. But who plays alongside Madieu Williams? Jackson? White?
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#3 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:52 am

^ when was i ever hyped about the defensive line?
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:08 am

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:^ when was i ever hyped about the defensive line?

Every time I ever talked down about them, you disagreed with me.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#5 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:53 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Every time I ever talked down about them, you disagreed with me.

well, i do believe this year's DL, LB or DB will do better than last year.. that's all i'm saying. our defense is younger and more potent.
Buck4Life
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Buck4Life » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:54 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:The secondary's gonna look pretty bad at safety but improved at corner. We've got Joseph, Hall, O'Neal, Ratliff...they'll do OK. But who plays alongside Madieu Williams? Jackson? White?

well we are overloaded at CB and have asome quality guys there that deserve playing time so Im guessing we'll shift one of our Corners to safety. Personally, Id love to see Hall there alongside madieu. with Joseph-oneal combo at CB. but thats just me.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:01 am

I don't want to shift a corner to safety because that will just dilute the corner position into suckitude while giving us a safety who's really a corner. The fortunate thing for the Bengals is that, in the division, the receiving corps aren't very strong and we can take advantage of that by having at least three solid corners on hand.

Someone's just gonna have to suck it up at safety, and this is where I really wish the Bengals kept Kevin Kaesviharn.

Return to Cincinnati Bengals