Bengals Draft Board

Moderator: Gremz

Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Bengals Draft Board 

Post#1 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Dec 3, 2007 11:45 pm

oh well, this season is a disappointment and we will get top 14 picks for sure. so let's start talking draft! the most exciting part of the off-season. list the positions you would like the bengals to draft and the specific players you want. GO!
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#2 » by SportsWorld » Tue Dec 4, 2007 2:35 am

You guys obviously need to draft a linebacker or cornerback in the first round since that is your guys' main flaw.

Some options:
Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
Kenny Phillips, FS, Miami
James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State
Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas-Not so sure about him
Dan Connor, LB, Penn State

Ali Highsmith is going to be a stud in the NFL and I could defiantly see the Bengals ending up with him.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#3 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Tue Dec 4, 2007 5:56 am

I don't know if we will draft another CB in the first round again.. that's awfully weird and waste of pick in my opinion. we need a veteran in that position. we already have JJ and hall whom are great talents. i think the bengals need to trade away o'neal and bring in a serviceable veteran.

i blame this year's defensive disaster on injuries. i think we need to strengthen our offense too. draft a O-line guy or even a TE depend what our draft position is. i really think bringing in a TE that can block and catch the ball with great hands and speed will make this offense explode. many times palmer will look down the field and force the ball into double coverage. with a receiving TE, he can finally dump it off to someone that he can trust. i really hope the bengals spend one of their first day picks on a TE.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#4 » by SportsWorld » Tue Dec 4, 2007 6:12 am

You guys can hire Rex Ryan as your head coach next year.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#5 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Tue Dec 4, 2007 7:31 am

^ that doesn't make any sense.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#6 » by El Turco » Tue Dec 4, 2007 8:25 am

would love to get laurinitis
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#7 » by Next Coming » Tue Dec 4, 2007 9:29 am

The Bengals LB corp isn't all that too look at and considering Landon Johnson is a UFA this offseason the Bengals really need to address that position.

And James Laurinaitis would be a good fit but he could be gone when the Bengals pick.

Dan Conner would be a nice addition if Laurinaitis is taken.

Monkeyfeng a TE is a good option but there isn't a TE that's worth a 1st round draft pick right now.

Jon Carlson, Martin Rucker are projected to go in the 2-3 round range and guys like Martellus Bennett, Travis Beckum and Chase Coffman are juniors and could stay for their senior seasons.

Safety is another option but I doubt the Bengals go DB three years in a row in the first round. If they do Kenny Phillips is the logical choice or maybe Reggie Smith declares he'll give Phillips a run for his money.

The Bengals don't have a lot of holes. A good off-season both drafting and Free Agency should put the Bengals back where they're supposed to be.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Tue Dec 4, 2007 11:44 am

SportsWorld wrote:You guys obviously need to draft a linebacker or cornerback in the first round since that is your guys' main flaw.

Some options:
Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
Kenny Phillips, FS, Miami
James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State
Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas-Not so sure about him
Dan Connor, LB, Penn State

Ali Highsmith is going to be a stud in the NFL and I could defiantly see the Bengals ending up with him.

This is a very solid list. I have to agree. Ali Highsmith will be pretty good but I like Craig Steltz even better. He's an absolute ballhawk for a S.

Laurinitis and Connor are probably the two most ideal options given the fact that they play the biggest position of need. That having been said, if we don't get Laurinaitis I feel like trading down and snatching Connor makes sense. We could grab, say, a third-round draft choice and come away with a draft like this:

Round 1: Dan Connor
Round 2: Craig Steltz
Round 3: Bruce Davis
Round 3: Jack Ikegwuonu

Now that's a solid defensive draft.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#9 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sat Dec 8, 2007 2:38 am

Monkeyfeng a TE is a good option but there isn't a TE that's worth a 1st round draft pick right now.

you're right, this year's TE talent is pretty weak.

i like dan connor a lot. he should be in our range during the 1st round. you can never go wrong with a penn state LB.

2nd round will probably be safety or DT.

i'm really want the bengals to pick fred davis...
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:04 am

Stickied. We'll use this as the main draft tracking thread.

I'm firmly on the Laurinaitis bandwagon. If we got a high enough pick, I'd support a trade down to pick up more assets.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#11 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:30 pm

laurinaitis FTW!!
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm

And the season ends on a semi-positive note, with the Bengals beating Miami 38-25.

Per nfldraftblitz.com, Cincinnati will select ninth overall, after the New England Patriots, in the first round.

You may begin speculation.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#13 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:47 pm

JAMES LAURINAITIS or SEDRICK ELLIS
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#14 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:57 pm

best situation: James Laurinaitis in the first round
Fred Davis in the second round.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:12 am

Don't draft a tight end in the 2nd round. It's not a huge need and the offense doesn't necessarily need a pure receiving TE. We'd be a lot better if we had another good blocking offensive lineman.

My idea of a good Bengals draft:

1st-James Laurinaitis
2nd-Aqib Talib
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#16 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:27 pm

Fred Davis is not a pure receiving TE. he can block pretty well. i really believe this offense is one good receiving TE away from being dominating. fred davis can be the guy. he can block pretty well too. i don't get why the bengals don't want a good receiving TE... LOOK AT OUR OWN DIVISION!!
winslow, miller, heap.. they are all great TEs and we have what? kelly? sure, he's a great leader and a blocker but he's getting way too old and he can't really go downfield that well.

too many times, carson palmer will force the throw when no one is open that's why he's getting so much interceptions these days.. or he just dump it off to kenny watson. you see that a lot this season. if palmer has fred davis, that would decrease the chance of interception and at least gain some yards by passing the ball forward instead of dumping it off each time in the back field.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#17 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:28 pm

but i agree O-line needs a lot of work too. levi jones is choking us.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:02 pm

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that TE isn't a need. Reggie Kelly is barely competent. But there are so many holes to this team that I'd rather they address the most glaring ones. Kelly was still the TE two years ago and the offense was fine.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#19 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:21 pm

^ that's two years ago. this is a new era of football. every team is using their TE.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:23 am

Yeah. For extra blocking.

I understand what you're saying, but you're going about it the wrong way. Smart teams use THREE TEs in their offense, not one. Look at Pittsburgh as an example: Heath Miller's a very complete TE, Matt Spaeth is a solid blocking TE, and Jerame Tuman fills in the blanks when needed.

These teams have taken years to build up the position, and the Bengals will take years just to fill their major holes on the roster (assuming they don't spend 2nd-rounders on running backs from here to eternity.

Return to Cincinnati Bengals