This franchise is a parasite, and S Roy Williams signs

Moderator: Gremz

PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

This franchise is a parasite, and S Roy Williams signs 

Post#1 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Thu May 7, 2009 8:55 am

According to the excellent Cincy Bengals sports blog WhoDey Revolution, Hamilton County, OH will be forced to pay for the maintenance on Paul Brown Stadium from now until the year 2026, the end of the Bengals' lease deal. For the remaining nine years of the stadium contract, the Bengals will basically be let off the hook for any expense.

The blog post also details the general attitude of the Bengals toward the University of Cincinnati and its quest to play football games in Paul Brown Stadium. The arrogance of this franchise is staggering.

And, as the title alludes, Mikey's got a new reclamation project, only this one hasn't (yet) been convicted of assault, rape or severe traffic violations. Roy Williams' biggest problem is that he exposed himself to be the player he will be until he begins to decline, a run-stopping, in-the-box safety who will bite on every play-action fake ever. The thing is, though, the Bengals already have two good young starting safeties, so Williams has to earn his keep. I hope he makes the team; he'd be an excellent asset even if he has situational limitations.

And the Bengals might get on HBO's Hard Knocks. Wouldn't you like to know how the pieces of this organization interact with one another? I certainly would.

Also, in UDFA news:
-Former Texas WR Quan Cosby is looking like he'll make the team as a PR.
-Former Purdue WR Greg Orton is also playing well and could find his way onto the practice squad. Orton is tall (6-5) with decent hands and decent wheels, and he's a fairly tough kid.
-Former Ohio State QB Todd Boeckmann and former Colorado State QB Billy Faris appear to be battling for a practice squad spot, if not a No. 3 QB spot.
-Icness favorite and former Grand Valley State DE-LB Dan Skuta is, to the best of my knowledge, still on the practice squad.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Cohiba13
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: This franchise is a parasite, and S Roy Williams signs 

Post#2 » by Cohiba13 » Thu May 7, 2009 2:51 pm

Williams signing is alright. Good for depth and stopping the run.

Cosby sounds like a nice weapon on Special teams.

Not very interested in the QBs. Carson is due for a clean bill of health for once.

Return to Cincinnati Bengals