5-2: Bengals thrash Da' Bears.

Moderator: Gremz

Cohiba13
Rookie
And1: 0

5-2: Bengals thrash Da' Bears. 

Post#1 » by Cohiba13 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:02 am

Great execution all day. The O-line played amazing. Carson was sharp as a tack. Benson was a load. andd the bears folded like paper. Ocho had a game we haven't seen from in a long time either.

The defence came in well prepared too. The front four were able to get pressure, surprising considering Odom is gone, and Peko looked to have a serious injury last week.

I want to think last week vs. Houston was an aberration. A big let down game after 3 straight division games that were emotional roller coasters. Mind you the real Bengals probably lie somewhere in between the last two games.

Hello Bye week. Two weeks to prepare for the tough Ravens.
Cohiba13
Rookie

Re: 5-2: Bengals thrash Da' Bears. 

Post#2 » by Cohiba13 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:03 am

P.S. any one see Benson's TD? Peko was the fullback and he shot out of his stance like a rocket.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#3 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Damn, somehow I missed Peko's blocking on Benson's TD! That sounds amazing.

The defense came to play (Leon Hall looks like a future multi-Pro Bowler) but the offensive line is the story of the game. It seemed like Bengals rushers were just absorbed into them. And even when Carson was pressured, he made quick dump-off passes or found the short routes and never caved under pressure like Cutler did. Great performance from the line, and everything else offensively flowed smoothly. Make no mistake, the Bears are likely among the league's bottom third on defense, but that was an impressive display for a team with playoff aspirations.

Is Dennis Roland the largest player in the NFL right now? I know he's not the heaviest, but at 6-9 he's gotta be up there for height. I mean, my God, seeing him on the sidelines with Paul Alexander after he got hit with a holding penalty was nuts. And it's not like he's terrible, he's just really slow.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#4 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:30 pm

And yes, I only got to see about half of this game before the online feed cut out, but it was a wonderful half.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Cohiba13
Rookie

Post#5 » by Cohiba13 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:13 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yiJqgq9rWQ

2:10 of this video. I wouldn't have even noticed but the color guy mentioned it right before the play. No blocking training at all. Just run your big ass into the offensive line.

Return to Cincinnati Bengals