ImageImageImageImage

WT: Brock Osweiler Won't Visit White House With Broncos

Moderator: NyCeEvO

User avatar
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 18,596
And1: 4,049
Joined: Jul 14, 2010

WT: Brock Osweiler Won't Visit White House With Broncos 

Post#1 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Jun 2, 2016 11:08 pm

President Obama will honor the Denver Broncos at the White House on Monday afternoon, but one prominent member of the Super Bowl-winning team won't attend.

A few months after signing a mammoth deal with the Houston Texans, Brock Osweiler announced Wednesday he will not be able to join his former teammates.

"The Broncos graciously extended an invitation for me to join them at The White House on Monday, but due to a scheduled OTA in Houston, I feel it is important to be at practice with my new teammates," Osweiler said in a statement. "It's a new offensive system for me and every practice and rep is extremely important. I am every appreciative of the Broncos wanting to include me on this special day."


IMO, this is yet another report about Brock that shows he was really bitter about not being able to finish off last season as the starting QB. As much as he talks about having respect for the Broncos and showing nothing but love, it always comes off as hardly subtle bitterness.

He was an integral member of the Broncos down the stretch. They had a winning record with him at the helm. If he had played terribly, we would've lost more games as well as HFA. I know it hurts to not be "the man" but it seems like he wants nothing to do with the Broncos. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he sold his ring.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
Posts: 14,130
And1: 607
Joined: Aug 22, 2004
Location: Baja Oklahoma

Re: WT: Brock Osweiler Won't Visit White House With Broncos 

Post#2 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:04 pm

I think Houston is going to find out why Elway wasn't willing to give him more money.
User avatar
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 18,596
And1: 4,049
Joined: Jul 14, 2010

Re: WT: Brock Osweiler Won't Visit White House With Broncos 

Post#3 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:07 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:I think Houston is going to find out why Elway wasn't willing to give him more money.

Yup.

How many QBs have we seen play well in the absence of their main starter, or operate as a spot-starter only to flame out when given the reigns on a new team? This is Matt Cassel all over again.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
Posts: 14,130
And1: 607
Joined: Aug 22, 2004
Location: Baja Oklahoma

Re: WT: Brock Osweiler Won't Visit White House With Broncos 

Post#4 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:03 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:I think Houston is going to find out why Elway wasn't willing to give him more money.

Yup.

How many QBs have we seen play well in the absence of their main starter, or operate as a spot-starter only to flame out when given the reigns on a new team? This is Matt Cassel all over again.

So what is your take on our QB situation? I get the feeling that Kap is still in play and not necessarily part of a trade. I don't like the idea of starting Sanchez, but I'm actually more comfortable with him running the show than going into the season with Brock. I really like the Lynch pick and hopefully they give him the time needed to develop into our starting QB. Siemian has supposedly impressed with his play in practices, but I still think it is Sanchez who starts.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
Posts: 14,130
And1: 607
Joined: Aug 22, 2004
Location: Baja Oklahoma

Re: WT: Brock Osweiler Won't Visit White House With Broncos 

Post#5 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:06 pm

I think Sanchez was a negotiation ploy with San Fran, to show them we weren't desperate for a QB. San Fran was also interested in obtaining Sanchez as well.
User avatar
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 18,596
And1: 4,049
Joined: Jul 14, 2010

Re: WT: Brock Osweiler Won't Visit White House With Broncos 

Post#6 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:19 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:I think Houston is going to find out why Elway wasn't willing to give him more money.

Yup.

How many QBs have we seen play well in the absence of their main starter, or operate as a spot-starter only to flame out when given the reigns on a new team? This is Matt Cassel all over again.

So what is your take on our QB situation? I get the feeling that Kap is still in play and not necessarily part of a trade. I don't like the idea of starting Sanchez, but I'm actually more comfortable with him running the show than going into the season with Brock. I really like the Lynch pick and hopefully they give him the time needed to develop into our starting QB. Siemian has supposedly impressed with his play in practices, but I still think it is Sanchez who starts.

I think Elway is confident that the Broncos can repeat as long as the defense remains intact and they have a game manager as a QB. We won in spite of Manning for most of the year and Elway thinks they can do it again since we don't need a great QB to win.

However, I personally disagree with this sentiment. We relied upon our defense way too much for my liking last year. Just because you have a historically good defense doesn't mean you should be ok with a bad offense. With that said, I don't know what the Broncos should do for the QB spot. I'm not a fan of Kap but maybe I haven't watched enough tape on him or he's become better. Sanchez is a working man's Alex Smith in my eyes so there's not much to write home about with him.

I think the Broncos are hoping that Lynch can become good quickly enough to supplant Sanchez by next season but we'll see what happens.
User avatar
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 18,596
And1: 4,049
Joined: Jul 14, 2010

Re: WT: Brock Osweiler Won't Visit White House With Broncos 

Post#7 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:I think Sanchez was a negotiation ploy with San Fran, to show them we weren't desperate for a QB. San Fran was also interested in obtaining Sanchez as well.

I can see that being true.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
Posts: 14,130
And1: 607
Joined: Aug 22, 2004
Location: Baja Oklahoma

Re: WT: Brock Osweiler Won't Visit White House With Broncos 

Post#8 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:02 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:Yup.

How many QBs have we seen play well in the absence of their main starter, or operate as a spot-starter only to flame out when given the reigns on a new team? This is Matt Cassel all over again.

So what is your take on our QB situation? I get the feeling that Kap is still in play and not necessarily part of a trade. I don't like the idea of starting Sanchez, but I'm actually more comfortable with him running the show than going into the season with Brock. I really like the Lynch pick and hopefully they give him the time needed to develop into our starting QB. Siemian has supposedly impressed with his play in practices, but I still think it is Sanchez who starts.

I think Elway is confident that the Broncos can repeat as long as the defense remains intact and they have a game manager as a QB. We won in spite of Manning for most of the year and Elway thinks they can do it again since we don't need a great QB to win.

However, I personally disagree with this sentiment. We relied upon our defense way too much for my liking last year. Just because you have a historically good defense doesn't mean you should be ok with a bad offense. With that said, I don't know what the Broncos should do for the QB spot. I'm not a fan of Kap but maybe I haven't watched enough tape on him or he's become better. Sanchez is a working man's Alex Smith in my eyes so there's not much to write home about with him.

I think the Broncos are hoping that Lynch can become good quickly enough to supplant Sanchez by next season but we'll see what happens.

Kap has become worse, a complete loss of confidence. Probably stemming from throwing that interception at the end of the Super Bowl and the injuries he has had. My only hope is that he fits Kubiak's system as a mobile QB and that system allows him opportunities for easy throws, thereby gaining his confidence back. He has a huge arm and can run like the wind, but he has turned into a turnover machine. Elway is a huge fan by the way, that goes way back to when Kap was drafted.

Return to Denver Broncos