Week 1 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 2, 2016 6:26 pm

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: Week 1 

Post#2 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Sep 6, 2016 9:57 am

Even though the personnel has changed, I'm hoping that our guys can get the W! Go Broncos!
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#3 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Sep 8, 2016 3:10 pm

I like the defense coming in with a chip on their shoulder that they aren't going to be as good. I think they are actually going to be better than last season's stud defense if that is possible.

Keep the turnovers down and let the defense set the offensive up.

Go Broncs!
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#4 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri Sep 9, 2016 12:24 pm

Well we pulled that one out. Defense was awesome, but stupid penalties and a couple of illegal hits almost cost them the game. Siemian looks better than I thought he would be. Need to cut down on the turnovers.

Great win, looked like last season.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#5 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:03 pm

I love how the media is still on the idea we are missing the playoffs his season. I love the underdog role!
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#6 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:I love how the media is still on the idea we are missing the playoffs his season. I love the underdog role!

I want to see more from Siemian before I throw too much confidence behind him. His first few away games should be telling.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#7 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:32 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:I love how the media is still on the idea we are missing the playoffs his season. I love the underdog role!

I want to see more from Siemian before I throw too much confidence behind him. His first few away games should be telling.

No doubt, but I actually feel better with him behind center than I did with Manning last season. I thought his mobility was excellent and his composure was outstanding. That was one of the better defensive units he will face this season and if he is able to perform as well on the road, I think his stats improve greatly.

You are right, it's way too early to get cocky. Siemian wasn't viewed as being a savior, just a stop gap for Lynch, but most critiques are about how the Denver defense has taken a step back or two, when I think they may have actually improved. I was also very happy to see the offensive line play improve, as well CJ coming into the season in shape.

I'm one of the few that feel that Denver is a better team than one the super bowl. Yes, Manning's presence was huge, but his play was mediocre and it is very hard to estimate his impact to the team. Siemian in Kubiak's offensive shouldn't have to do it all and he is a much better fit than Manning was.

I think the offensive line is better. The depth at the defense line is better and I think as the season goes on Gotsis and Kilgo are going to make an impact. The linebackers with the addition of Davis stepping in, I don't think misses a beat, plus Ray is a season older. Anderson, Nelson and Barrett could start for a lot of teams, so the depth is huge at LB. I'm concerned with our stupid defensive backs who are just a knucklehead play away from being suspended for assault, but they are among the best in the game. The running game is better and I really like the use of a FB in Janovich. I was extremely disappointed in Booker's fumble and hope he doesn't catch fumbleitis. Thomas actually made some tough catches, who was just below Manning in my most disappointed in last season.

What an amazing draft class Elway had, having all 8 selections make the team. On top of that, the practice squad guys are paying off as well. Growing his own talent and making the best of the draft has us in a great position. I'm not sold on our future franchise QB, but I think given time and not forcing him into action is smart.

Return to Denver Broncos