theknicks414
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Scranton Rotation Announced 

Post#1 » by theknicks414 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 4:19 pm

Source

TYLER CLIPPARD
2006 SEASON

Enters the 2007 season ranked by Baseball America as the seventh-best prospect in the Yankees' organization...also rated by Baseball America as having the "Best Changeup" in the Yankees' system...Led all Yankees' minor-leaguers with 175 strikeouts while posting a 12-10 record with a 3.35 ERA in 28 starts with Double-A Trenton...led the Eastern League in strikeouts and games started (28), ranked fourth in innings pitched (166.1) and seventh in ERA (3.35)...his 12 wins were tied for second-most among all Yankees' farmhands...became the first Trenton pitcher in the 13-year history of the franchise to toss a no-hitter in a 9-0 win vs. Harrisburg on 8/17...won his final nine decisions of the season from 7/4-8/27, surpassing the Trenton-franchise record of eight straight wins held by Carl Pavano (1996) and Tomo Ohka (1999).

PHIL HUGHES

2006 SEASON

Enters the 2007 season ranked by Baseball America as the top right-handed pitching prospect throughout all of baseball...ranked as the Yankees' number one prospect for the second straight year and rated as having the "Best Curveball" and "Best Control" among all Yankees' farmhands...Capped a noteworthy season with multiple honors and accolades, including the 2006 "Kevin Lawn Minor League Pitcher of the Year" Award, given annually to the top pitching prospect in the Yankees' organization...posted a combined record of 12-6 with a 2.16 ERA in 26 starts with Class-A Tampa and Double-A Trenton...led all Eastern League pitchers with a 2.25 ERA and ranked fourth in the league with 138 strikeouts... was selected to participate in the Eastern League All-Star Game and was named to the U.S. team for the "Futures" All-Star Game at PNC Park in Pittsburgh.

ROSS OHLENDORF
2006 SEASON

Spent most of the season with Double-A Tennessee, going 10-8 with a 3.29 ERA in 27 starts (177.2IP, 180H, 70R, 65ER, 29BB, 125K)...won a season-high seven straight decisions in a span of 11 starts from 5/11-7/3 and was named the Diamondbacks' organization "Player of the Month" for June, going 4-0 with a 1.98 ERA...led all Southern League pitchers with four complete games, ranked second in innings pitched and shutouts (two), ranked fourth in wins and fifth in games started...following the Smokies' season, was promoted to Triple-A Tucson for the Pacific Coast League playoffs and made one start, recording no decision (5.0IP, 1ER).

MATT DESALVO
2006 SEASON

Combined to post a 6-10 record with a 6.40 ERA in 27 games (24 starts) with Double-A Trenton and Triple-A Columbus...began the season with Columbus and went 1-6 with a 7.68 ERA in 11 games (eight starts) before being transferred to Trenton on 6/7...earned the win in his first appearance (on 4/9 vs. Scranton-WB) before losing six straight decisions from 4/14-6/5...tossed a season-high 7.0 innings and surrendered just one earned run on 4/19 at Scranton-WB, but still suffered the loss in a 2-1 Red Barons victory...in 16 starts with Double-A Trenton from 6/10-9/3, posted a 5-4 record with a 5.77 ERA...won each of his final two starts of the season (on 8/29 at Erie and 9/3 vs. Reading), allowing just two earned runs in 11.1 IP.

STEVEN JACKSON
2006 SEASON

Posted an 8-11 record with a 2.65 ERA in 24 starts with Double-A Tennessee...ranked second among all Southern League pitchers with his 2.65 ERA and he limited right-handed batters to a .204 batting average (68-for-333)...in six starts with Surprise in the Arizona Fall League, posted a 0-2 record with a 7.11 ERA.

So it looks like Sanchez and White are starting the season on the DL. When they come back, who goes to AA and who goes to the big leagues? My guess would be Jackson being the first to go to AA and Clip the first to go to the majors if it's early in the season. If the season is 2 months old look for Phil Franchise to be in the big leagues for good.
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#2 » by Jitpal » Tue Apr 3, 2007 4:49 pm

Is it just me or does Matt DeSalvo not seem so impressive. I don't know much about him but based on that little description of last season he doesn't seem all that promising. Tell me if I'm wrong here. -Jitpal
theknicks414
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by theknicks414 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 5:05 pm

Jitpal wrote:Is it just me or does Matt DeSalvo not seem so impressive. I don't know much about him but based on that little description of last season he doesn't seem all that promising. Tell me if I'm wrong here. -Jitpal

DeSalvo was going through huge personal issues the last couple of years. Before that, he was a great prospect... The reason he was DFA'd early in the year to make room for Cairo was because Cashman knew if he left him on waivers in the middle of the year teams would claim him in a second. He should have a big bounce back year or else his prospect status is tarnished.

At spring training for the Yankees in 2007, his pitching turned heads. "I was in shock, that's how filthy his [stuff] was," Jason Giambi said. "How can another team not take him when he was off the roster?"Larry Bowa asked.

look at his stats before his personal problems!
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/ ... alvo.shtml
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#4 » by NYKnSTILL! » Tue Apr 3, 2007 7:17 pm

Delsalvo is 27 he better wake up or Christian Garcia will take his spot and Giamroid hasn't seen him yet so he'll probably shut up about Matt after he sees Christian strike him out him out next spring. :D
Squirrel Boy
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

Post#5 » by Squirrel Boy » Tue Apr 3, 2007 9:55 pm

Garcia and Melancon underwent TJ surgery during the offseason. They're going nowhere this year.

I like the top three. Not bad.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#6 » by NYKnSTILL! » Tue Apr 3, 2007 9:57 pm

UltimateSora91 wrote:Garcia and Melancon underwent TJ surgery during the offseason. They're going nowhere this year.

I like the top three. Not bad.

I'm talking about next year
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#7 » by nykgeneralmanager » Tue Apr 3, 2007 9:57 pm

And thats with Sanchez on the DL :o

DeSalvo sucks, I wish the Yankees would just cut their losses with him.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#8 » by NYKnSTILL! » Wed Apr 4, 2007 6:20 am

nykgeneralmanager wrote:And thats with Sanchez on the DL :o

DeSalvo sucks, I wish the Yankees would just cut their losses with him.

me too but the great pitching guru Jason Giambi saids he is the next one :nonono:
Squirrel Boy
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

Post#9 » by Squirrel Boy » Wed Apr 4, 2007 5:54 pm

Who knows? He might've turned it around. You never know about pitchers.

Return to New York Yankees