ImageImageImageImage

Zone blocking

Moderator: NyCeEvO

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Zone blocking 

Post#1 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Aug 8, 2007 1:07 am

My team, which shall remain unnamed ;) , will be employing a zone/cut blocking scheme similar to that which has turned so many of your seemingly random guys into 1,000 yard rushers/annoyed and infuriated so many defensive opponents over the years.

Does anyone know your approach to this system in a practice environment? Are you cut blocking your own guys in practice? And if not, how do your lineman really learn the system if they aren't practicing it fully?

Thanks for your thoughts, and good luck this season.
JurassicJake
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Zone blocking 

Post#2 » by JurassicJake » Thu Aug 9, 2007 7:39 pm

jrhester wrote:My team, which shall remain unnamed ;) , will be employing a zone/cut blocking scheme similar to that which has turned so many of your seemingly random guys into 1,000 yard rushers/annoyed and infuriated so many defensive opponents over the years.

Does anyone know your approach to this system in a practice environment? Are you cut blocking your own guys in practice? And if not, how do your lineman really learn the system if they aren't practicing it fully?

Thanks for your thoughts, and good luck this season.

The man behind the plan originally was Alex Gibbs, a all time great OL coach. I know that in practice, the players are forced to play as if it were a game, meaning they cut block. Also don't confuse cut block and zone blocking schemes. The two do not go hand in hand.

Return to Denver Broncos