ImageImage

ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight Howard?

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

A BETTER DJ
Sixth Man
And1: 316

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#701 » by A BETTER DJ » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:17 pm

inquisitive wrote:
If you go to Woj's actual twitter account, he said the Rox were willing to take back bad contracts...not sure which ones, but they were willing to do so.

I don't know if we'll ever find out what the actual offer was but I'd bet that the one without taking contracts back is it... if not we would have been all over it! I really wanted Dwight to go to you guys!
Top notch Wedding DJ and photographer available nationwide. RealGM members Save $200 off our regular low prices!

GO MAGIC!
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#702 » by MaxRider » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:23 pm

A BETTER DJ wrote:
inquisitive wrote:
If you go to Woj's actual twitter account, he said the Rox were willing to take back bad contracts...not sure which ones, but they were willing to do so.

I don't know if we'll ever find out what the actual offer was but I'd bet that the one without taking contracts back is it... if not we would have been all over it! I really wanted Dwight to go to you guys!

from what i read morey is willing to take richardson+davis+duhon
Wisedude42
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#703 » by Wisedude42 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:09 pm

All we know is that Moray's plan to get Dwight Howard has totally backfired.

Why didn't he draft Tyler Zeller???????
b_mind
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#704 » by b_mind » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:38 pm

Wisedude42 wrote:All we know is that Moray's plan to get Dwight Howard has totally backfired.

Why didn't he draft Tyler Zeller???????

Because of Asik? I don't know.

Though, I think they should've drafted him instead of White. Hopefully White turns out good.
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#705 » by moofs » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:09 am

Mr. E wrote:rockynpolo - I hope you're joking around and don't actually think that there is not major money that comes with the worlds largest emerging economy.

Like many of us who live here realize, China is a major factor in many of our various economic hubs. Houston has benefited greatly from the China Connection and that is only going to grow over the coming years.

Various Houston businesses just signed .. I can't remember exactly but am thinking that it was 570 bn in contracts with Chinese companies.
Now it didn't say if we were buying or selling... but I'd assume the good one.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
spolgar
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#706 » by spolgar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:17 am

Houston's plan was to try and get a superstar or make it sufficiently difficult for Orlando to trade Dwight to anyone else other than Houston barring the Orlando brass huffing gallons of paint and trading him anyway.

There is no more paint in Orlando for the next few days. None at all.

Our deal was way way way way way way better than what the Lakers gave them. Orlando didn't even get Hedo's or Big Baby's contract off their plates this year. They couldn't even blow up properly like we did.

Doesn't matter anyway.

Re: Comments on China and Chinese businesses, here's a good article as to why you want to get Chinese investments outside of China, rather than doing business in China itself:

http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/polit ... ing-china/
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,864

Post#707 » by inquisitive » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:48 pm

I guess the Magic are really in love with Affalo...wow! :roll:

Jonathan Feigen:

The Rockets had tried to position themselves for this opportunity, offering the Toronto pick they got for Kyle Lowry along with a pick from Dallas, and they were open to adding a pick of their own. They would have sent two players from among Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris, Donatas Motiejunas, Jeremy Lamb, Royce White and Terrence Jones. And they would have taken back two large Orlando contracts - Hedo Turkoglu and Chris Duhon or Jason Richardson - without sending back corresponding burdensome contracts to offer the Magic roughly $12 million more in cap room than they have now.

The Magic had seemed to want cap room and picks most, but at some point they shifted to seeking a potential star player and decided Arron Afflalo would be that player, making him the key to the deal. That left the Rockets on the outside looking in, building around their collection of young players and picks while continuing the search.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,999

Post#708 » by Ayt » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:13 pm

A BETTER DJ wrote:Don't know if this has been posted from Woj

The Magic decided to send Dwight Howard to the Lakers in a four-team trade instead of offers from both the Rockets and Nets.

Houston's final offer was $12 million in immediate cap space instead of Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington, several of their recent first round selections, along with future lottery and unprotected draft picks.

The Rockets were unwilling to take back any bad contracts in return while dealing for Howard.

Read more: http://basketball.re...d#ixzz23A75XduK

That link is so accurate it doesn't even work anymore. There is no way Morey was unwilling to take back bad contracts to acquire a guy like Howard.
Stebo_SSK
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#709 » by Stebo_SSK » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Im am almost positive if they were willing to take back those contracts the deal didnt go through due to the prospects they wouldnt offer. Just my speculation is that they werent willing to part with Parsons and Lamb. No way Orlando is going to take on T Jones or White when they already had 2 other young forwards...no one will ever know the total truth. Its real easy after the fact to say we would do this and that but the only reported deal Houston offered was one vet (Martin), one 2012 prospect, TOR pick and take back one bad contract.
b_mind
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#710 » by b_mind » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:21 pm

Stebo_SSK wrote:Im am almost positive if they were willing to take back those contracts the deal didnt go through due to the prospects they wouldnt offer. Just my speculation is that they werent willing to part with Parsons and Lamb. No way Orlando is going to take on T Jones or White when they already had 2 other young forwards...no one will ever know the total truth. Its real easy after the fact to say we would do this and that but the only reported deal Houston offered was one vet (Martin), one 2012 prospect, TOR pick and take back one bad contract.

And that offer is still much better than w/e Orlando got.
Stebo_SSK
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#711 » by Stebo_SSK » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:33 pm

YoYoa wrote:
Stebo_SSK wrote:Im am almost positive if they were willing to take back those contracts the deal didnt go through due to the prospects they wouldnt offer. Just my speculation is that they werent willing to part with Parsons and Lamb. No way Orlando is going to take on T Jones or White when they already had 2 other young forwards...no one will ever know the total truth. Its real easy after the fact to say we would do this and that but the only reported deal Houston offered was one vet (Martin), one 2012 prospect, TOR pick and take back one bad contract.

Not exactly. Maybe if Lamb was the prospect but highly doubt Houston wanted to let him and Martin go. Lamb seems like he is going to have a serious game in the future.
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#712 » by inquisitive » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Stebo_SSK wrote:
YoYoa wrote:

Not exactly. Maybe if Lamb was the prospect but highly doubt Houston wanted to let him and Martin go. Lamb seems like he is going to have a serious game in the future.

Still better than what Orlando got back even if Lamb wasn't available. Bottom line is that the Magic made the decision to get Affalo, so it ended.

The Rockets had tried to position themselves for this opportunity, offering the Toronto pick they got for Kyle Lowry along with a pick from Dallas, and they were open to adding a pick of their own. They would have sent two players from among Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris, Donatas Motiejunas, Jeremy Lamb, Royce White and Terrence Jones. And they would have taken back two large Orlando contracts - Hedo Turkoglu and Chris Duhon or Jason Richardson - without sending back corresponding burdensome contracts to offer the Magic roughly $12 million more in cap room than they have now.

The Magic had seemed to want cap room and picks most, but at some point they shifted to seeking a potential star player and decided Arron Afflalo would be that player, making him the key to the deal. That left the Rockets on the outside looking in, building around their collection of young players and picks while continuing the search.
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#713 » by inquisitive » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Howard after his press conference from chron.com:

But Howard did talk about the Rockets afterward.

"If the Magic had wanted to trade me there, I would have gone and played,’’ he said. "I thought about Houston. Like Los Angeles, it would have been another new start for me. I was ready for anything that might have happened."
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#714 » by rocketsballin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:14 pm

nice of him to stay on script
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#715 » by inquisitive » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:30 pm

He also said that the LA lifestyle sucked him into willing to be traded to LA...i suspected this might have happened during his rehab in Beverly Hills when he agreed to be traded there besides the Nets a few weeks ago.

For all the talk about Howard wanting to play for Brooklyn, he said he had fallen for L.A. while living in a hotel there for the last four months during his rehabilitation from back surgery.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#716 » by rocketsballin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:29 pm

if that si article is legit, then uhh, hardy har har. "we can offer you JONATHAN BROCKMAN! gary forbes, and marcus morris" lol get outta here. taking lamb off the table (pun) after the summer league. low balling like a mug
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#717 » by Mr. E » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:06 am

I'm thinking that the Rockets may not have been interested in Bynum, despite most reports.

Too many red flags with that guy. I can see our team shying away from him for stuff we may not even know about.

Return to Houston Rockets