ImageImage

The OT Thread

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Re: The OT Thread 

Post#21 » by moofs » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:54 am

Person #1: What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Person #2: Theoretical physicists would be jumping off of bridges in mass.
Person #1: Not if they were travelling at the speed of light.

Ribalding, the democratic response to Xenoboy was equally entertaining.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
tha_rock220
General Manager
And1: 564

Post#22 » by tha_rock220 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:47 am

Ribalding wrote:Is there a word or phrase to define that exact moment when you're about to accept a facebook friend request from an old high school acquaintance and then you stop short and think "hey, that guy hated my guts and I think I hated him right back"?

Is there a word for that?

I think that word is maturity, or maybe you wound up doing the really hot(or ugly) chick that both of you wanted and you feel nothing more needs to be said. If he wants to let bygones be bygones while taking your sloppy seconds then by all means, life is too short to hate anybody if you've already gotten the better of them.
Luv those Knicks wrote:you were right
Ribalding
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#23 » by Ribalding » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:12 pm

tha_rock220 wrote:
I think that word is maturity, or maybe you wound up doing the really hot(or ugly) chick that both of you wanted and you feel nothing more needs to be said. If he wants to let bygones be bygones while taking your sloppy seconds then by all means, life is too short to hate anybody if you've already gotten the better of them.

Oh, I don't still hate people from high school. It was 100 years and 1000 lifetimes ago. I just don't see why I should 'friend' somebody because we were once acquaintances. Especially not if we didn't get along. But when I look at my friends list on fb, there's an awful lot of excess baggage. What was I thinking?
Ribalding
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#24 » by Ribalding » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:14 pm

moofs wrote:
Ribalding, the democratic response to Xenoboy was equally entertaining.

The best thing about him is every time he opens his mouth, the DCCC slaps it on a direct mail campaign and raises $2 million.

I need to stop paying him any mind. I know, I know,.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#25 » by Mr. E » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Is it just me or are a lot of people freaking out about a storm that isn't going to hit us directly? Not evacuation freak out; but I just had to run to the store and I saw people "stocking up."
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Mr. E » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:22 pm

Oh, and welcome to the Texans, Jonathan Joseph & Danieal Manning!!! :D
- Winston Churchill
moofs
General Manager
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#27 » by moofs » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm planning to stock up this weekend, but because of congress.

The weather ain't got sh**.
Morey 2020.

jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#28 » by jwise44 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:27 pm

Mr. E wrote:Oh, and welcome to the Texans, Jonathan Joseph & Danieal Manning!!! :D

now we just need to re-sign leach...both the texans and rockets NEED 44's back!!!

also, i wish pollard would re-sign even after we took manning(as a back-up for less money obviously)...i think in blitz packages and situations, wade would love him

plax would be nice, too...but just because i'm sick of waiting for jacoby to become a better number 2 wr than walter
HTown_TMac
General Manager
And1: 222

Post#29 » by HTown_TMac » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:41 pm

jwise44 wrote:
Mr. E wrote:Oh, and welcome to the Texans, Jonathan Joseph & Danieal Manning!!! :D

now we just need to re-sign leach...both the texans and rockets NEED 44's back!!!

also, i wish pollard would re-sign even after we took manning(as a back-up for less money obviously)...i think in blitz packages and situations, wade would love him

plax would be nice, too...but just because i'm sick of waiting for jacoby to become a better number 2 wr than walter

or even TO
www.atrilli.net <- music blog
Kal El
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#30 » by Kal El » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:44 pm

I like what the Texans are doing on defense. The front 7 looks promising. DE - Smith, questionable DT, DE - Watt
ROLB - Mario, MOE - Demeco, MIKE - Cushing, LOLB - Reed/Barwin

The big question mark on paper is who can fill that void at NT. Maybe we have the guys to do it or maybe free agent Cullen Jenkins? =)

As far as the defensive back goes, i really had my heart set on Nnamdi but we didn't come away empty, because we got the 2nd best CB available in Joseph who is said to be a better ball hawk. We also get a good Strong Safety in Manning. The question mark there is how CB turned FS Glover Quinn will perform. Also after a rookie season filled with mistakes, can Kareem Jackson come back and have a strong sophomore year and develop into a solid 2nd corner.

Our offense is already good. Our only missing piece is a 2nd WR to start on the opposite side of Andre Johnson. Another threat to relieve AJ of pressure or be able to step up and make plays when AJ is too pressured. So far since he's been in houston he has not had one. Right now we have 2 good 3rd WR's in Jones and Walter. Other than that its not pieces we are missing on Offense, it will all be about execution, decreasing our mistakes, and also finishing out games and making plays when it matters.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#31 » by TMU » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Damn you, Lastros.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Mr. E » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Reports are coming out that Randy Moss arrived in Houston this morning to meet with the team.

Would he be an adequate #2 WR? :lol:
- Winston Churchill
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Mr. E » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:21 pm

TMU wrote:Damn you, Lastros.

I hate to see Pence go, but we got pretty good talent in return. Singleton & Cosart are rated as top 50 prospects in MLB (all of MLB) and Zeid is probably already one of our top pitching prospects.

Does Ed Wade know that he can deal with other teams besides Philly? It's like we're their AAA team.
- Winston Churchill
Kal El
Rookie

Post#34 » by Kal El » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:33 pm

Mr. E wrote:Reports are coming out that Randy Moss arrived in Houston this morning to meet with the team.

Would he be an adequate #2 WR? :lol:

a motivated Randy Moss yes. other than a young moss who played with the vikings, the only other motivated randy moss ive seen is at New England where he was kept in check by Billichek and Tom Brady. unfortunately we all have seen a totally different side of moss, who doesn't give a ish ala last season. Apparently his agent says that he has a lot to prove and is coming in in the best shape of his career. If true, an Andre Johnson/Randy Moss combination would be dangerous and I would be confident enough to test Philadelphiaa corners.
rdehonney
Junior
Location: Football's back, Football's back, thats all these people screamin that FOOTBALLS BACK!

Post#35 » by rdehonney » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:18 pm

In other news not concerning the texans, philly is killing it right now! Welcome to philly nnamdi, babin, cullen, vince, and hopefully a DECENT linebacker....
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#36 » by jwise44 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:47 pm

rdehonney wrote:In other news not concerning the texans, philly is killing it right now! Welcome to philly nnamdi, babin, cullen, vince, and hopefully a DECENT linebacker....

ya and you got rodgers-cromartie and a 2nd rounder for kolb, then went and got a back-up qb that has the talent to start to replace kolb

nnamdi drc and asante(if you dont trade him)....thats INSANE
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#37 » by TMU » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:00 pm

Mr. E wrote:
TMU wrote:Damn you, Lastros.

I hate to see Pence go, but we got pretty good talent in return. Singleton & Cosart are rated as top 50 prospects in MLB (all of MLB) and Zeid is probably already one of our top pitching prospects.

Does Ed Wade know that he can deal with other teams besides Philly? It's like we're their AAA team.

Lastros trade Michael Bourn to Braves. These losers keep trading their players to the NL East. :evil:
pumpfakeforprez
Sophomore
And1: 1

The OT Thread 

Post#38 » by pumpfakeforprez » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:07 pm

As much as I hate to see those two players go.. We did get 8 prospects in return.
pumpfakeforprez
Sophomore
And1: 1

The OT Thread 

Post#39 » by pumpfakeforprez » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:27 pm

Well we just lost Vonta to Baltimore.. 3 yrs 11 mil.
moofs
General Manager

Post#40 » by moofs » Mon Aug 1, 2011 2:11 am

I think it's funny that I'm a process guy, that I can crunch numbers and patterns like a beyotch, and yet football makes less sense to me than Greek.
Meanwhile I know guys who barely passed high school who can talk about all its intricacies like they were nuclear physicists.

Life is weird.
Morey 2020.

Return to Houston Rockets