TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Re: [2012-13] Around the League 

Post#361 » by TMU » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:26 pm

jwise44 wrote:
TMU wrote:
TMACFORMVP wrote:Curry was robbed of an AS spot. He should have EASILY got it over Aldridge, and even Lee. I think Curry's game is underrated, the spacing he creates w/ his off the ball and on the ball play is ridiculous. His ability to come off screens/picks and get open (playing next to Jack) is soo valuable. And on the ball, he's been lethal in the P&R with Lee...he's also legit at scoring off the dribble. This isn't even mentioning he's become a very good defender at the PG position. Hell, I think he has an argument over Westbrook too.

Agreed.

Also look at the Eastern Conference reserves. What a big **** joke. I have never imagined that I'd see Jrue Holiday as an allstar. Seeing his name made threw up in my mouth a little. Not because he didn't deserve it, but that just shows how weak that conference really is.

i don't get why your that upset about holiday? he is killing it this year.....yes it is a weak conference but not because of his selection

you can't call curry a snub and say holiday has no reason to make it

curry- 20.9/6.6/4.1 43.6%....(does have a huge advantage over holiday in 3p%, though)
holiday- 19/9/4.2 45.4%

EDIT- didn't think of this until after posting it, but if you're including team record i get it.

My biggest beef with Jrue Holiday is that he's virtually worthless when he doesn't have ball in his hands. He plays great on-ball defense but no off-ball defense. Terrific 1-on-1 player but without the ball he doesn't do a whole lot. Let me use some numbers to show you Jrue's impact on the Sixers (from an article I read). When Jrue is on the floor, the Sixers score 93 points/48 minutes on 44.3% shooting, whereas when he is on the bench, they score 90.3 points/48 minutes on 44% shooting. Thus, his impact isn't nearly as remarkable especially considering that he gets most of the possessions. I would love to see how effective Jrue will become once Evan Turner comes close to his level (which is not to say that Jrue will not improve). My point is that as of now his impact isn't showing. So it's not just about individual stats.

Now, I'm not a big fan of Curry but his impact on the floor this year has been insane. The warriors score 102.3 points/48 minutes on 46.5% shooting when he is on the court but when he is off the court, they drop to 91.6 points/48 minutes on 43.6% shooting. Now that's significant and shows he doesn't put up garbage stats.

If there was a balance in talent between the two conferences, Jrue wouldn't have been an all-star this season. The Eastern Conference sucks hard.
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#362 » by rocketsballin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:26 pm

russell trying his best durant impression...30 pts on 5fgs. so far he's 2-14 6pts

thank god we got james over russ
madbucky
Bench Warmer
And1: 32

Post#363 » by madbucky » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:28 pm

rocketsballin wrote:russell trying his best durant impression...30 pts on 5fgs. so far he's 2-14 6pts
thank god we got james over russ

I never liked Westbrook's game. I feel he's just pure athleticism, not so much skill and technique.
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#364 » by TMACFORMVP » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:07 am

I agree with JVG; make Curry the east starter w/ Rondo out! But seriously, the spot probably goes to Lopez? Or since Rondo was a starter, does it HAVE to be a guard?

BTW, I'm not so sure the Celtics will fall out of the playoffs w/ the injury....it's not like the C's offense was any good WITH Rondo. In fact, they are 27th in ORTG, so whatever Rondo was doing wasn't resulting into an efficient offense. The Celtics will still be very good defensively, and they'll compensate for Rondo's playmaking, with an increase in shooting/spacing, and a guy like Pierce stepping up in that play-maker role...IIRC, whenever Rondo has been out, Pierce has put up gaudy sort assist #"s.

Of course, they'll probably have to work harder, which will take a toll considering their age, but I think the whole Celtics collapse out of the playoffs is a bit overstated. This doesn't mean they'll be any sort threat in the post-season though, so I definitely understand the whole idea of blowing it up; especially if value presents itself.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#365 » by inquisitive » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Courtney lee frustrated with Rondo led offense, but i guess he doesn't have to worry about it anymore...lol.

Zach Lowe says Courtney Lee has been very unhappy in Boston due to his frustration w/ Rondo's game... Lowe was on Bill Simmons' show yesterday and mentioned that he's heard that Courtney Lee has been unhappy w/ C's Rondo led offense. First I've heard of this. Here's the exact quote around the 53 minute mark: Sulia

"I've heard through back channels that Courtney Lee has been really unhappy in Boston, because he feels like the whole offense is Rondo pounding the ball and doesn't get to do anything."
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#366 » by inquisitive » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:43 pm

Hawks preparing to make a run at Howard?

Peter Vecsey: After suggesting Atl (lowest NBA cap, 21.5M July 1) might b inclined 2 trade Horford (3 yrs left, 12M per) b4 Feb 21 d’line or summer someone asked how that would benefit the Hawks. Great question. So I asked those qualified 2 know such things. Answer is: “Not at all.” At least b4 deadline. Danny Ferry has prepared (dealing JJ, Marvin Williams 2 create this space) and is prepared 2 pursue Dwight. Twitter

Peter Vecsey: By that, I mean, Ferry/Atl has assembled 3 of DH’s AAU teammates—Josh, Lou & Morrow. U might have known that fact. It was news to me. What does that have 2 do w Horford? His salary goes long way toward completing possible sign-and-trade w Lakers. That’s all-important since CBA prohibits using FAs in deals involving other FAs. So, if DH decides 2 lv LA, Atl can sign outright or in S&T Twitter
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#367 » by jwise44 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:57 pm

La can't do a sign and trade right? Thought the new CBA said over the cap teams can't starting next season

I didn't realize atl has 3 of his aau teammates. Honestly I think that pushes them over the edge if la misses the playoffs. If I somehow magically played in the league I would honestly take a pay cut (I know it's easier to say that than actually do it) to play in Houston (hometown like atl for Dwight) and especially if some of my team mates from my aau team played there that would seal the deal. One problem is the backlash hell face which he will be weary of because of the stuff he has already faced and seeing what lebron went through. I think having friends from high school would cancel that if it were me though.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#368 » by jwise44 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:32 pm

is there any way we could take horford from them? they obviously want capspace for next year and we can offer that....id offer everyone and everything but harden and parsons, yes asik included

assuming we trade asik and lin to a third team that would give hawks something of value or more picks and cap relief i would run a lineup of

beverly (sign a starting quality pg in the offseason [little does that starting quality pg know he will be backup to beverly])
harden
parsons
horford
smith (sign another center)

on my phone so i don't know how much cap space we would retain if we traded lin asik remove protection on pick and maybe dougie or one of jones or motie but take out the pick thing

i want horford way more than anyone not named aldridge....maybe as much as aldridge
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#369 » by inquisitive » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:56 pm

i believe it is the team that trades for the player that has to be under the cap in order for s/t to work..which ATL clearly is. i wouldn't mind horford at all.
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#370 » by inquisitive » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:02 pm

inquisitive wrote:Courtney lee frustrated with Rondo led offense, but i guess he doesn't have to worry about it anymore...lol.

Zach Lowe says Courtney Lee has been very unhappy in Boston due to his frustration w/ Rondo's game... Lowe was on Bill Simmons' show yesterday and mentioned that he's heard that Courtney Lee has been unhappy w/ C's Rondo led offense. First I've heard of this. Here's the exact quote around the 53 minute mark: Sulia

"I've heard through back channels that Courtney Lee has been really unhappy in Boston, because he feels like the whole offense is Rondo pounding the ball and doesn't get to do anything."

Wow! Looks like Lee is pissed about the report...hmmm

Courtney Lee: Somebody Please tell me who Zach Lowe is??? If your going to report anything about me or go on shows talking about meINTERVIEW ME FIRST!! Twitter @CourtneyLee2211
rocketsballin
RealGM

Post#371 » by rocketsballin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:28 pm

unrelated but lee had a tweet early this month or last month, about leaving his shot in houston. cant find the tweet tho

wonder whats wrong with his shot.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#372 » by TMU » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:38 am

inquisitive wrote:
inquisitive wrote:Courtney lee frustrated with Rondo led offense, but i guess he doesn't have to worry about it anymore...lol.

Wow! Looks like Lee is pissed about the report...hmmm

Courtney Lee: Somebody Please tell me who Zach Lowe is??? If your going to report anything about me or go on shows talking about meINTERVIEW ME FIRST!! Twitter @CourtneyLee2211

Let's be honest though. Courtney Lee sucks. The guy hasn't improved one bit.
spolgar
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#373 » by spolgar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:58 am

Memphis/Toronto/Detroit trade tonight. My 2 cents:

Memphis actually got better defensively, on paper, at the cost of some go to scoring down the stretch. However, they have more bodies on the wing (with a ton of length) that don't need the ball to be effective. I'm thinking in a lower possession pace in the playoffs, a roster like that is probably preferable.

Detroit finally has a proper pass first point guard that is a starter. I think they can think about off loading Will Bynum or Stuckey soon. For a team that isn't going to win anything, these guys got better offensively. Plus I keep hearing quotes from Prince that are less than savory and he might be a bit of a dark cloud in the locker room.

The biggest question mark right now is the glut of wings on Toronto's roster. Between Gay, Anderson, Ross, DeRozan, Fields, Kleizia, Pietrus, they have seven wings, and maybe 3 of them go on the rotation. Are they going to deal some more? They have _no_ rebounders... I'm not sure this is going to work without another trade...
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#374 » by moofs » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:01 pm

Wow... Toronto just got fleeced across the board.

Memphis might've just turned their boat around. Their worst position was SF, and they just improved it AND got a good backup PF.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
spolgar
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#375 » by spolgar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:48 pm

Look at the contempt dripping from the new wiretap about the Grizzlies trade:

"The Memphis Grizzlies have completed two cost-saving trades over the past few weeks, with their trade of Rudy Gay being the most notable.

Chris Wallace, a holdover from the previous ownership, had nothing to do with the trade.

New Grizzlies CEO Jason Levien is operating largely based on the recommendations of statistician and former media member John Hollinger.

The San Antonio Spurs formerly had Hollinger on their payroll as a consultant and regretfully took his advice to sign Jackie Butler. The Spurs atoned for the mistake by trading away the draft rights to Luis Scola, along with Butler."

I have nothing else interesting to say...
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#376 » by moofs » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:32 pm

Jackie Butler's contract was only like 2.4m for 2 years. That can't have been the only reason they traded Scola.

Whether the return ends up being good or not, Gay is still hugely overrated.
Colangelo is doing the "put a lot of guys known as scorers together on one team, it HAS to work!" schtick right now. Good for him! :-)
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
madbucky
Bench Warmer

Post#377 » by madbucky » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:44 pm

moofs wrote:Jackie Butler's contract was only like 2.4m for 2 years. That can't have been the only reason they traded Scola.

according to this article, Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski was the one who ripped in Hollinger, perhaps something personal?
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/adrian-wo ... hollinger/

Colangelo is doing the "put a lot of guys known as scorers together on one team, it HAS to work!" schtick right now. Good for him! :-)

That's weird, because his dad Jerry Colangelo is the one who got USA Olympics bball team back on track by not just throwing the best players/highest scorers together, but looking for good players that fit together.
rocketsballin
RealGM

Post#378 » by rocketsballin » Fri Feb 1, 2013 7:54 am

russell wasnt mad about the miscommunication with thabo, he was mad that he had to put that shirt back on and those big ass glasses :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pIQK1hHASY&list=UUpl23fEXHNxTQAKiiQ8aXuQ[/youtube]
madbucky
Bench Warmer

Post#379 » by madbucky » Fri Feb 1, 2013 9:12 am

rocketsballin wrote:russell wasnt mad about the miscommunication with thabo, he was mad that he had to put that shirt back on and those big ass glasses :lol:

Harden > Westbrook. Thunder kept the wrong guy. Westbrook is such a tool. Chewing out a teammate while your team is up by 25.

Westbrook: 41% fg. Harden 44% fg. Yes, Westbrook has way more assists, but he's passing it to Durant!
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#380 » by TMACFORMVP » Tue Feb 5, 2013 3:34 am

Portland wins so many close games, it's incredible and ridiculously infuriating. They had 28 TO's, and still pull off a win over the TWolves on the road. The TWolves defense was awful (the Blazers shot over 58% from the field....), and they didn't turn it on till the 4th quarter where they had two chances to tie and came up not even touching the rim on both attempts.

Return to Houston Rockets