ImageImage

ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight Howard?

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

User avatar
inquisitive
RealGM
Posts: 16,659
And1: 2,609
Joined: Aug 27, 2010

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#681 » by inquisitive » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:41 am

We can now move on and develop our young players.

Larry Coon ‏@LarryCoon
Was on the table. Orlando wanted more. RT @highjacka: What happend to that Houston offer?
Guy986
RealGM
Posts: 17,760
And1: 645
Joined: Oct 09, 2005
Location: BBG Nation unite!

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#682 » by Guy986 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:47 am

So which disgruntled star is next on moreys list?
User avatar
MaxRider
RealGM
Posts: 44,468
And1: 5,791
Joined: Jun 08, 2005
Location: Choke City
 

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#683 » by MaxRider » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:49 am

Guy986 wrote:So which disgruntled star is next on moreys list?

well if you believe everything you hear
then dwightmare will become free agent next off-season
so....
inception 2
User avatar
b_mind
Analyst
Posts: 3,192
And1: 10
Joined: Jul 26, 2006
Location: mind

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#684 » by b_mind » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:07 am

I say we go for Bynum next summer.

Let Martin start for 1st half of season, then trade him at deadline...if not then let Lamb start and have Martin come off the bench since he's leaving after season anyways.
JV4MVP
General Manager
Posts: 9,638
And1: 9,570
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
 

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#685 » by JV4MVP » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am

THANK GOD Houston was not involved.

ESPN.com reported that a trade call has been set for Friday morning to finalize the blockbuster that would feature Los Angeles getting the defensive superstar, Philadelphia getting Andrew Bynum from the Lakers and Jason Richardson from the Magic, Denver getting Andre Igoudala from the 76ers, and Orlando getting Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington from the Nuggets, Nikola Vucevic and Maurice Harkless from the 76ers and one first-round pick from each of the three other participants.

If the particulars turn out to be accurate, if Bynum and Igoudala are involved in a deal but neither end up in Orlando, if the best current player the Magic get is Afflalo and the best prospect is the No. 15 pick this year, Harkless, Orlando may get buried in the court of public opinion.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/08/0 ... ockbuster/
User avatar
b_mind
Analyst
Posts: 3,192
And1: 10
Joined: Jul 26, 2006
Location: mind

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#686 » by b_mind » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:14 am

Regression2u wrote:THANK GOD Houston was not involved.

ESPN.com reported that a trade call has been set for Friday morning to finalize the blockbuster that would feature Los Angeles getting the defensive superstar, Philadelphia getting Andrew Bynum from the Lakers and Jason Richardson from the Magic, Denver getting Andre Igoudala from the 76ers, and Orlando getting Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington from the Nuggets, Nikola Vucevic and Maurice Harkless from the 76ers and one first-round pick from each of the three other participants.

If the particulars turn out to be accurate, if Bynum and Igoudala are involved in a deal but neither end up in Orlando, if the best current player the Magic get is Afflalo and the best prospect is the No. 15 pick this year, Harkless, Orlando may get buried in the court of public opinion.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/08/0 ... ockbuster/


I guess Morey wasn't high on Bynum....if all it took to get Bynum is an overpaid forward near his end and taking on JRich.
Stebo_SSK
Banned User
Posts: 1,626
And1: 22
Joined: Apr 06, 2012

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#687 » by Stebo_SSK » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:20 am

inquisitive wrote:We can now move on and develop our young players.

Larry Coon ‏@LarryCoon
Was on the table. Orlando wanted more. RT @highjacka: What happend to that Houston offer?


As an LA i really wanted Bynum in H-town with Lin. Houston really should have made a play for Bynum. They will regret this.
User avatar
b_mind
Analyst
Posts: 3,192
And1: 10
Joined: Jul 26, 2006
Location: mind

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#688 » by b_mind » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:24 am

Stebo_SSK wrote:
inquisitive wrote:We can now move on and develop our young players.

Larry Coon ‏@LarryCoon
Was on the table. Orlando wanted more. RT @highjacka: What happend to that Houston offer?


As an LA i really wanted Bynum in H-town with Lin. Houston really should have made a play for Bynum. They will regret this.


Well they'll regret it like they did with Lin, but things moves on and they can just try to lure him in next summer like they did with Lin.

One thing is for sure, they aren't regretting not overpaying to get Bynum.
User avatar
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
Posts: 29,842
And1: 9,775
Joined: Jan 02, 2005
Location: O.R.
       

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#689 » by TMU » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:37 am

YoYoa wrote:
Stebo_SSK wrote:
inquisitive wrote:We can now move on and develop our young players.

Larry Coon ‏@LarryCoon
Was on the table. Orlando wanted more. RT @highjacka: What happend to that Houston offer?


As an LA i really wanted Bynum in H-town with Lin. Houston really should have made a play for Bynum. They will regret this.


Well they'll regret it like they did with Lin, but things moves on and they can just try to lure him in next summer like they did with Lin.

One thing is for sure, they aren't regretting not overpaying to get Bynum.


Yep. The team has a lot cap space, assets, and flexibilty. Absolutely no need to rush at this point.
rockynpolo
Junior
Posts: 316
And1: 4
Joined: Dec 11, 2011

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#690 » by rockynpolo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:44 am

So much for that Chinese market
What houston fans think of their Chinese market:
Image


What the Chinese market really looks like:
Image

:lol:
User avatar
zapatasblood
General Manager
Posts: 7,623
And1: 578
Joined: Jul 03, 2010
Location: Stank-O-Dena
     

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#691 » by zapatasblood » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:04 am

rockynpolo wrote:So much for that Chinese market
What houston fans think of their Chinese market:
Image


What the Chinese market really looks like:
Image

:lol:

Funny because it has the one of the biggest population in the world
User avatar
zapatasblood
General Manager
Posts: 7,623
And1: 578
Joined: Jul 03, 2010
Location: Stank-O-Dena
     

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#692 » by zapatasblood » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:08 am

Stebo_SSK wrote:
inquisitive wrote:We can now move on and develop our young players.

Larry Coon ‏@LarryCoon
Was on the table. Orlando wanted more. RT @highjacka: What happend to that Houston offer?


As an LA i really wanted Bynum in H-town with Lin. Houston really should have made a play for Bynum. They will regret this.

Why trade for him when that same package can get us Dwight? Also I really doubt they will regret it
User avatar
000001
Senior
Posts: 733
And1: 51
Joined: Oct 31, 2010
         

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#693 » by 000001 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:12 am

is official we are keeping our rookies and future picks nice :)
fire morey please ,the sooner the better.....ryan Anderson is a 3 not a 4
User avatar
inquisitive
RealGM
Posts: 16,659
And1: 2,609
Joined: Aug 27, 2010

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#694 » by inquisitive » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
HOU offered ORL $12M in space (instead of Afflalo), recent 1st picks, future lottery and unprotected picks. Would’ve taken bad deals (cont.)

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
(cont.) and no need to take on Harrington contract.

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
Based on what I’ve been told Houston pretty clearly had a better offer — including a guaranteed lotto pick. Frustrating day for Rox.
90sAllDecade
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,895
And1: 441
Joined: Jul 09, 2012
Location: Clutch City, Texas
   

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#695 » by 90sAllDecade » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Not a great deal for Orl and really lopsided in LA's favor. I was never a conspiracy person, but it's obvious, despite CBA lip service, the NBA values the super-teams for league revenue (as long as fans keep watching & paying, why would they stop?) and the money/attention of big superstar drama every off-season (Lebron, Carmelo, CP3 and now Dwight) to keep momentum going with no league games being played.

Whatever. I either wanted Dwight to sign or tank. So at least we can watch our rooks develop en route to a high lotto pick(s), which we could perhaps then trade for an even higher one if we don't win the lotto (for Shabazz, Noel etc.)
User avatar
zapatasblood
General Manager
Posts: 7,623
And1: 578
Joined: Jul 03, 2010
Location: Stank-O-Dena
     

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#696 » by zapatasblood » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:39 pm

inquisitive wrote:Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
HOU offered ORL $12M in space (instead of Afflalo), recent 1st picks, future lottery and unprotected picks. Would’ve taken bad deals (cont.)

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
(cont.) and no need to take on Harrington contract.

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
Based on what I’ve been told Houston pretty clearly had a better offer — including a guaranteed lotto pick. Great day for Rox.

Fixed
Image
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
A BETTER DJ
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,504
And1: 196
Joined: Aug 05, 2007
Location: nationwide
Contact:
 

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#697 » by A BETTER DJ » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Don't know if this has been posted from Woj


The Magic decided to send Dwight Howard to the Lakers in a four-team trade instead of offers from both the Rockets and Nets.

Houston's final offer was $12 million in immediate cap space instead of Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington, several of their recent first round selections, along with future lottery and unprotected draft picks.

The Rockets were unwilling to take back any bad contracts in return while dealing for Howard.


Read more: http://basketball.re...d#ixzz23A75XduK
Special price for RealGM members. Wedding DJ and photographer only $999 nationwide. Save $500 off our regular price!

GO MAGIC!
User avatar
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,292
And1: 6,499
Joined: Apr 15, 2006
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!
       

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#698 » by Mr. E » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:44 pm

rockynpolo - I hope you're joking around and don't actually think that there is not major money that comes with the worlds largest emerging economy.

Like many of us who live here realize, China is a major factor in many of our various economic hubs. Houston has benefited greatly from the China Connection and that is only going to grow over the coming years.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
User avatar
inquisitive
RealGM
Posts: 16,659
And1: 2,609
Joined: Aug 27, 2010

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#699 » by inquisitive » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:30 pm

A BETTER DJ wrote:Don't know if this has been posted from Woj


The Magic decided to send Dwight Howard to the Lakers in a four-team trade instead of offers from both the Rockets and Nets.

Houston's final offer was $12 million in immediate cap space instead of Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington, several of their recent first round selections, along with future lottery and unprotected draft picks.

The Rockets were unwilling to take back any bad contracts in return while dealing for Howard.


Read more: http://basketball.re...d#ixzz23A75XduK


If you go to Woj's actual twitter account, he said the Rox were willing to take back bad contracts...not sure which ones, but they were willing to do so.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
User avatar
MaxRider
RealGM
Posts: 44,468
And1: 5,791
Joined: Jun 08, 2005
Location: Choke City
 

Re: ESPN.com: Houston Rockets trying to trade for Dwight How 

Post#700 » by MaxRider » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Mr. E wrote:rockynpolo - I hope you're joking around and don't actually think that there is not major money that comes with the worlds largest emerging economy.

Like many of us who live here realize, China is a major factor in many of our various economic hubs. Houston has benefited greatly from the China Connection and that is only going to grow over the coming years.

i hope he was joking

Return to Houston Rockets