How much to keep Motiejunas?

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Re: How much to keep Motiejunas? 

Post#61 » by jwise44 » Sun Oct 2, 2016 2:05 pm

Well at least this shows he wants to be a rocket long term?? Or am I missing something?
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#62 » by MaxRider » Sun Oct 2, 2016 3:30 pm

jwise44 wrote:Well at least this shows he wants to be a rocket long term?? Or am I missing something?

DMo agent said Morey never in serious talk on long term contract. But what is serious talk? Is telling you go sign and offering sheet and we will match it serious enough? You know that's how Morey treat his non-superstar. Remember Lowry? Landry?
I believe there is a multi year contract offer. It's just that DMo and his agent think he is worth more than that. DMo failed Detroit physical really damage his value. Sorry DMo, if you are worth more than that then why no other team is making you an offer?
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#63 » by K_chile22 » Sun Oct 2, 2016 3:36 pm

Yeah and there's little chance he gets a better offer now that he lost his final bit of leverage. If you don't like any offers and need to prove you're healthy you gotta take the QO. Unless there's some kind of negotiating still going on Dmo's agent really let him down here.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#64 » by texasholdem » Sun Oct 2, 2016 3:41 pm

I have a feeling he's gonna go back to Europe.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#65 » by Slava » Sun Oct 2, 2016 4:23 pm

A sign and trade might be the best option for all involved. Surely someone should be willing to take a chance on him.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#66 » by chrbal » Mon Oct 3, 2016 4:17 pm

If hes willing to take a short deal. I'm thinking it wasn't money, but years where they weren't able to meet. He probably wants a full 5 year, Houston probably wanted a 2 year.
MaxRider
RealGM

Post#67 » by MaxRider » Mon Oct 3, 2016 5:33 pm

chrbal wrote:If hes willing to take a short deal. I'm thinking it wasn't money, but years where they weren't able to meet. He probably wants a full 5 year, Houston probably wanted a 2 year.

I think it is about money. Longer contract means more guaranteed money.
Morey has the upper hand now. I read only 3 team with cap space left and none of them are interesting in DMo.
DMo either sit out one season or play in Euro. With Anderson, Capela, Dekker, Harrell, and Nene; I'm kind of surprise to hear Morey/MDA say DMo is part of their plan. I don't think any team will offer him a contract he wants because of him failing Pistons physical last year. He has to agree to the contract to do sign-and-trade, so I don't think that is happening. I think most likely scenario is he playing in Euro.
Bruteque
Starter
And1: 1,176

Post#68 » by Bruteque » Mon Oct 3, 2016 6:01 pm

Slava wrote:A sign and trade might be the best option for all involved. Surely someone should be willing to take a chance on him.

I'm sure many teams are willing to take a chance on him. The problem is that he's not willing to accept the size of those "chances." :S
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#69 » by K_chile22 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 7:23 pm

Bruteque wrote:
Slava wrote:A sign and trade might be the best option for all involved. Surely someone should be willing to take a chance on him.

I'm sure many teams are willing to take a chance on him. The problem is that he's not willing to accept the size of those "chances." :S

And that Rockets will match at those smaller chances so why waste time
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by texasholdem » Mon Oct 3, 2016 11:54 pm

How about a sign and trade for Brandon knight who has now been benched for devin Booker. Maybe even include a protected first rounder?

Maybe they should have waited to trade Beasley
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#71 » by K_chile22 » Tue Oct 4, 2016 1:26 am

texasholdem wrote:How about a sign and trade for Brandon knight who has now been benched for devin Booker. Maybe even include a protected first rounder?

Beasley has zero value. The fact they could get anything for him is why they traded him. Could guarantee PHX doesn't want him back anyways.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by texasholdem » Tue Oct 4, 2016 1:38 am

K_chile22 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:How about a sign and trade for Brandon knight who has now been benched for devin Booker. Maybe even include a protected first rounder?

Beasley has zero value. The fact they could get anything for him is why they traded him. Could guarantee PHX doesn't want him back anyways.

I meant keeping Beasley as a rocket in case dmo deal fell through. Anderson is pretty injury prone. Harrell still raw. Dekker not a true 4.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#73 » by K_chile22 » Tue Oct 4, 2016 1:52 am

texasholdem wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:

I meant keeping Beasley as a rocket in case dmo deal fell through. Anderson is pretty injury prone. Harrell still raw. Dekker not a true 4.

I'll live with a raw Harrell and Dekker at the four (who is 6'9). Beasley is awfuk
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#74 » by TMU » Tue Oct 4, 2016 2:53 am

It's understandable that D-Mo wants to stay in this league and is looking to lock up a longer contract. But at the same time, our front office is not very optimistic about his healthy and they also have the leverage to match any outside offers. A sign and trade might be difficult because that will require a large trade exception or at least a 3rd team.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by texasholdem » Tue Oct 4, 2016 3:32 am

K_chile22 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:Beasley has zero value. The fact they could get anything for him is why they traded him. Could guarantee PHX doesn't want him back anyways.

I'll live with a raw Harrell and Dekker at the four (who is 6'9). Beasley is awfuk

12.8 ppg on 50% and 4.9 rpg on 18.2 mpg is not awful. Yeah it was only 20 games but Beasley's a better player than Harrell or dekker right now and a bargain at $1.4m

He was also decent in the playoffs vs gsw.
K_chile22
RealGM

How much to keep Motiejunas? 

Post#76 » by K_chile22 » Tue Oct 4, 2016 3:45 am

texasholdem wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

12.8 ppg on 50% and 4.9 rpg on 18.2 mpg is not awful. Yeah it was only 20 games but Beasley's a better player than Harrell or dekker right now and a bargain at $1.4m

He was also decent in the playoffs vs gsw.

PPGZ!!!

He shot unsustainably well from mid range. Like better than prime Kobe well from mid range and the team still played worse on offense and defense with him on the floor even though he played 75% of his minutes with James Harden. He's a terrible basketball player that shoots alot. He's going to return to his inefficient self and hurt the bucks even more and be back in China. He's bad at basketball. Talented no doubt, but bad.
Old Carl Landry is much better than him and he's still out there waiting for a good landing spot if Dmo leaves too
DBoys
Starter
And1: 221

Post#77 » by DBoys » Tue Oct 4, 2016 1:37 pm

K_chile22 wrote:Yeah and there's little chance he gets a better offer now that he lost his final bit of leverage. If you don't like any offers and need to prove you're healthy you gotta take the QO. Unless there's some kind of negotiating still going on Dmo's agent really let him down here.

"Dmo's agent really let him down here."

This can't be said strongly enough. By letting that QO expire, he's literally wasted a year in getting to UFA status.

DMo lost all his leverage, because he has no QO to sign which would allow him to get this HOU slavery (in his mind) over with, by signing for a year and then going elsewhere next summer. Because other teams can't offer him less than two years, and HOU doesn't have to make an offer at all, he's now likely to be at least two years away from being able to sign his first UFA contract in the NBA. And if he doesn't sign with any NBA team this year, he's an RFA again next summer, with HOU able to offer him a QO again that he didn't like already.
Bruteque
Starter
And1: 1,176

Post#78 » by Bruteque » Wed Oct 5, 2016 9:43 pm

Given how few teams are rumored to be able to give D-Mo what his hilarious agent considers a "serious offer," a "serious offer" is something like $15+ mil a year, which is enough to put HOU in luxury tax territory. There is no way any team will pay $15+ mil a year for D-Mo the health question mark, let alone going into tax to do it.

This is not going anywhere with that asking price and that delusional agent.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by texasholdem » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:47 am

Would Rockets do a sign and trade of D-Mo for Bosh with maybe some sort of guarantee each player would be healthy for x number of games. Might be worth a shot and he could come off the bench with Nene while Clint and Ryander start. I realize Bosh still has 3 years and 75.8m remaining on his contract and we might have to include either Ariza or Brewer to make it work.

Would be kinda ironic since Morey tried to get Bosh so many times previously.
MaxRider
RealGM

Post#80 » by MaxRider » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:32 pm

texasholdem wrote:Would Rockets do a sign and trade of D-Mo for Bosh with maybe some sort of guarantee each player would be healthy for x number of games. Might be worth a shot and he could come off the bench with Nene while Clint and Ryander start. I realize Bosh still has 3 years and 75.8m remaining on his contract and we might have to include either Ariza or Brewer to make it work.

Would be kinda ironic since Morey tried to get Bosh so many times previously.

i doubt Miami will offer DMo that kind of money
i rather get another playmaker than PF now

Return to Houston Rockets