Ike Taylor (2 years)
Tim Quarterman (1 year)
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Re: Carmelo Trade w/ Portland 

Post#2 » by texasholdem » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:37 pm

Thanks but no.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
Jingles2
Junior
And1: 63

Post#3 » by Jingles2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:58 pm

I put this on the Knicks board but...

Rockets in Anthony
Rockets out Ariza, Anderson, and a future first to Detroit (probably 2020)
Knicks in Reggie Jackson, Tobias Harris, and Anthony Tolliver
Knicks out Carmelo, Ron Baker, Sessions, and a 2nd round pick to Detroit
Pistons in Anderson, Ariza, Baker, Sessions, and one first and one second round pick.
Pistons out Jackson, Harris, Tolliver

Pistons might be the one that says no, but Van Gundy likes Anderson and doesn't appear to be a Jackson guy. Thoughts?
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#4 » by Mr. E » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:07 am

Those are both horrifically bad for Houston. Not even close.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Jingles2
Junior

Post#5 » by Jingles2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:33 am

Mr. E wrote:Those are both horrifically bad for Houston. Not even close.

Do you guys want Carmelo? Is there anyway to get him without sending Anderson out?
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#6 » by jwise44 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:44 am

I've come to accept that ariza is probably gone in a melo trade, but in that first one we give up ariza Gordon and take on Noah

That is soooooooo bad
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#7 » by Mr. E » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:51 am

Jingles2 wrote:

Do you guys want Carmelo? Is there anyway to get him without sending Anderson out?

Anderson will go out, but the point of bringing in Melo is not to gut the rest of the roster in order to make it happen. Houston is not competing against anyone except time at this point. I don't think that we'll see the likes of Ariza or Gordon added, nor guys like Noah coming back.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Jingles2
Junior

Post#8 » by Jingles2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:19 am

Mr. E wrote:
Jingles2 wrote:

Anderson will go out, but the point of bringing in Melo is not to gut the rest of the roster in order to make it happen. Houston is not competing against anyone except time at this point. I don't think that we'll see the likes of Ariza or Gordon added, nor guys like Noah coming back.

Well if someone is taking on Anderson then you will have to give something else up (picks and/or players). I agree that the proposed Portland trade is horrible and not going to happen.
Ariza makes the most sense money wise and since you just added Tucker and Luc Mbah a Moute there is depth at the 3/4. I honestly thought my three way trade with the Pistons was more than fair to the Rockets and if anything it's the Pistons or Knicks who would say no. I will add that Van Gundy does have a thing for Anderson though and if they can get rid of Jackson they may be willing to take on that horrible Anderson contract.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by texasholdem » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:01 am

Jingles2 wrote:

Some of us want Melo. Some don't. Some are not sure.
Ariza and Gordon together make more than Anderson but I don't think Morey is interested in sending both of them out.

I'm fine trading with Ariza but he helped recruit Paul here I don't think that would go over very well with CP3. But if it means getting Melo then maybe he won't care.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#10 » by NYG » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Would Houston add anything to...

Ryan Anderson, Isaiah Hartenstein, non-guaranteed contracts (Long/Quarterman/Taylor) and top 20 protected 2020 Rockets 1st for Carmelo Anthony?
Jingles2
Junior

Post#11 » by Jingles2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:49 pm

texasholdem wrote:
Jingles2 wrote:

Ariza and Gordon together make more than Anderson but I don't think Morey is interested in sending both of them out.

I'm fine trading with Ariza but he helped recruit Paul here I don't think that would go over very well with CP3. But if it means getting Melo then maybe he won't care.

Anderson and Ariza together make Melo money, but if you did Gordon and Ariza that's 6 million short of Melo and Anderson and Gordon is about 6 million more than Melo. If it was me I'd rather keep Ariza, but if Houston really wants Melo I think he's likely gone.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by texasholdem » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:26 pm

Jingles2 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
Jingles2 wrote:

Anderson and Ariza together make Melo money, but if you did Gordon and Ariza that's 6 million short of Melo and Anderson and Gordon is about 6 million more than Melo. If it was me I'd rather keep Ariza, but if Houston really wants Melo I think he's likely gone.

Rockets can add two of their three unguaranteed contracts to close that 6 million gap and make it work and New York could just waive them. Not saying that will happen but it's doable.
Jingles2
Junior

Post#13 » by Jingles2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:55 pm

texasholdem wrote:
Jingles2 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

Rockets can add two of their three unguaranteed contracts to close that 6 million gap and make it work and New York could just waive them. Not saying that will happen but it's doable.

Technically it's doable, but I don't see New York willing to take on Anderson or Gordon. I think they would prefer to just hold onto Melo than have three years of either of those two. I'm sure they would take Ariza and some non guaranteed contracts, but that doesn't get close enough so a third team would be needed.
MovieMuscle
Starter
And1: 949

Post#14 » by MovieMuscle » Mon Sep 4, 2017 8:37 am

lmfao who are you kidding?
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#15 » by nedleeds » Mon Sep 4, 2017 11:03 pm

The Knicks literally want nothing back. Nothing. It's a matter of finding a taker for Ryno's negative value contract. It's really that simple. And the Knicks have no incentive to buy a player with 2 years left out. Just call his bluff and make him pick up or decline his atrocious option come next June. Even if they buy him out for $1.00 his option counts on the cap. There's no point in a buy out. Melo isn't Josh Smith or some ****, and he lives in New York. So he plays the year out on light minutes and frequent rest. Tradin Ariza for Melo seems pointless, he's as good as Melo if you count defense.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
NYG
RealGM

Post#16 » by NYG » Thu Sep 7, 2017 9:16 pm

Would Houston trade Trevor Ariza and Ryan Anderson for Carmelo Anthony straight up?
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by texasholdem » Thu Sep 7, 2017 9:23 pm

NYG wrote:Would Houston trade Trevor Ariza and Ryan Anderson for Carmelo Anthony straight up?

90% sure Morey would. Don't know if the new owner would. Probably won't be a trade until the purchase is approved.

Would the Knicks do it is the more important question.
NYG
RealGM

Post#18 » by NYG » Thu Sep 7, 2017 11:08 pm

texasholdem wrote:
NYG wrote:Would Houston trade Trevor Ariza and Ryan Anderson for Carmelo Anthony straight up?

90% sure Morey would. Don't know if the new owner would. Probably won't be a trade until the purchase is approved.

Would the Knicks do it is the more important question.

I could see the Knicks doing Carmelo Anthony and Lottery Protected 2019 First Round Draft Pick for Jabari Parker, Ryan Anderson and 2018 Top 20 Protected Milwaukee Bucks First Round Draft Pick with the Bucks getting that Knicks pick and Ariza if they believe in Parker's health.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#19 » by Sark » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:29 pm

Knicks aren't trading a pick. That's absurd.

They are in a rebuild. They are looking to acquire young players and picks, not trade them away.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#20 » by BallerTalk » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:25 am

No.
The only Rockets with more job security than Trevor Ariza right now are James Harden and Chris Paul.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-

Return to Houston Rockets