Post#1 » by EricSidewater » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:15 pm

Read here: http://www.sixerscience.com/player-investigations.html

Think you guys will be interested!
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Re: Clint Capela Deep-Dive Player Investigation 

Post#2 » by texasholdem » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:27 pm

thanks. will be interesting to see how many lobs he gets from CP and Harden.

Clint tied to lead the NBA in blocks during the playoffs with 28 total. He did it over 11 games vs Draymond Green having 28 blocks in 17 games. Andre Roberson had the most BPG in the playoffs with an impressive 17 blocks in only 5 games (vs HOU). Clint was 2nd in bpg.

Capela will probably go down as Morey's best draft pick at 25th overall, suplanting Aaron Brooks who was drafted 26th. Chandler Parsons, Patrick Patterson and Terence Jones are the next best 3 Morey draftees in his decade long tenure.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#3 » by moofs » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:30 pm

texasholdem wrote:thanks. will be interesting to see how many lobs he gets from CP and Harden.

Clint tied to lead the NBA in blocks during the playoffs with 28 total. He did it over 11 games vs Draymond Green having 28 blocks in 17 games. Andre Roberson had the most BPG in the playoffs with an impressive 17 blocks in only 5 games (vs HOU). Clint was 2nd in bpg.

Capela will probably go down as Morey's best draft pick at 25th overall, suplanting Aaron Brooks who was drafted 26th. Chandler Parsons, Patrick Patterson and Terence Jones are the next best 3 Morey draftees in his decade long tenure.

Don't forget SCOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Carl Landry would have been there, if not for getting shot.
Budinger MIGHT be in there.

Does Beverley not count?

Amazing that he has the draft record he does when he's only gotten to pick #8 once (Rudy Gay -> Shane Battier), #12 once (Jeremy Lamb -> James Harden), and #14 twice (Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris).
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by texasholdem » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:55 pm

moofs wrote:
texasholdem wrote:thanks. will be interesting to see how many lobs he gets from CP and Harden.

Don't forget SCOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Carl Landry would have been there, if not for getting shot.
Budinger MIGHT be in there.

Does Beverley not count?

Amazing that he has the draft record he does when he's only gotten to pick #8 once (Rudy Gay -> Shane Battier), #12 once (Jeremy Lamb -> James Harden), and #14 twice (Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris).

Scola was a Spurs draftee. Beverley was a Lakers draftee I think. I think technically Landry was a Sonics draftee? But yeah he was good too.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#5 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:29 pm

Batum.

Even though he never played for us.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
moofs
General Manager
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#6 » by moofs » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:54 pm

texasholdem wrote:Scola was a Spurs draftee. Beverley was a Lakers draftee I think. I think technically Landry was a Sonics draftee? But yeah he was good too.

So.... you can trade for them during or after the draft, but before they play in the NBA.... and it doesn't count?

IMO, whomever they play for first drafted them.

I'd accept an argument maybe if it was JUST before the season and a lot of training camp and such had gone on, but otherwise it seems to me like it's operating with the same information as the technical drafter, and they really only made the pick by proxy.
Bev might be another exception because I think he played in a foreign league for a while after being drafted.
Scola's wouldn't count because all the foreign play was before the draft pick.

Basically, I'm considering this under the equivalent of "insider trading rules", where no new private knowledge is gained between the trade and the draft.
Morey 2020.

moofs
General Manager

Post#7 » by moofs » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:56 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Batum.

Even though he never played for us.

Batum I wouldn't count for the same reason I *would* count Scola.
Morey 2020.

texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by texasholdem » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:08 pm

moofs wrote:
texasholdem wrote:Scola was a Spurs draftee. Beverley was a Lakers draftee I think. I think technically Landry was a Sonics draftee? But yeah he was good too.

So.... you can trade for them during or after the draft, but before they play in the NBA.... and it doesn't count?

IMO, whomever they play for first drafted them.

I'd accept an argument maybe if it was JUST before the season and a lot of training camp and such had gone on, but otherwise it seems to me like it's operating with the same information as the technical drafter, and they really only made the pick by proxy.
Bev might be another exception because I think he played in a foreign league for a while after being drafted.
Scola's wouldn't count because all the foreign play was before the draft pick.

Basically, I'm considering this under the equivalent of "insider trading rules", where no new private knowledge is gained between the trade and the draft.

Well Scola was drafted the same year as Yao 2002 long before Morey came along but didn't start playing in the NBA until Aaron Brooks and Landry were rookies too 2007.
moofs
General Manager

Post#9 » by moofs » Tue Oct 3, 2017 10:39 pm

texasholdem wrote:
moofs wrote:IMO, whomever they play for first drafted them.

Well Scola was drafted the same year as Yao 2002 long before Morey came along but didn't start playing in the NBA until Aaron Brooks and Landry were rookies too 2007.

Yeah, man. I get you. :)

I noticed this sentence was worded rather poorly. Let me try that again.
"whomever they play for first [in the NBA]", "drafted them [by my consideration]"
I get that Euroleague is probably a higher level of competition than NBA, but it doesn't alwaysVSPANtranslate into being an NBA star or productive player, so I'm basically considering euro play as being College-point-five.

i.e. Kobe was drafted by the Lakers, even though he wasn't technically. Dirk was drafted by the Mavs, even though he wasn't technically. Scola was drafted by the Rockets because that is who he played his rookie season for, even though there was evidence of his play against competent professional talent with Argentina following the Spurs' technical drafting of him in 2002.
Basically, since they were never seen playing in an NBA game prior to the start of their rookie years, they were only known as "Tremendous Upside Potential" and bet on as such, because players' games don't always translate. The draft is a bet. Trading before the season is a bet. After the season starts, teams see realized value and the cost of getting the player adjusts accordingly, whereas before the rookie season, the full knowledge of capabilities against in-game level NBA-quality play simply isn't there.
Morey 2020.

Return to Houston Rockets