ImageImage

Pick Up Andrew Bogut?

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Re: Pick Up Andrew Bogut? 

Post#41 » by MaxRider » Sat Feb 3, 2018 9:36 pm

Mr. E wrote:I don't like these rumors that they might move Anderson for nothing in return.

That's basically giving up on this season and looking for the off-season.

the real trade usually the one you don't hear about it
like Griffin
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#42 » by texasholdem » Sat Feb 3, 2018 10:11 pm

Ryan Anderson and a first round pick to Sacramento for Zach Randolph and Vince Carter.

Randolph has one season left after this at only 11.6m and Carter is a free agent this summer. Ryan makes 20.4m next year and 21.2m the year after.

Zach has played in 70 playoff games and Vince has played in 88.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
King Roosk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#43 » by King Roosk » Sun Feb 4, 2018 7:50 am

Mr. E wrote:I don't like these rumors that they might move Anderson for nothing in return.

I agree. Ryno has disappointed for most of the season, but this team is firing on all cylinders and they have incredible chemistry. They deserve a chance to ride the season out.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#44 » by moofs » Sun Feb 4, 2018 8:04 pm

Yeah. I'm torn on that.

On the one hand, when you're annihilating everybody, you don't mess with a core piece.
On the other hand, if you can get rid of a bad contract right now, you have to consider it.

Good luck picking the right option, Morey.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#45 » by BallerTalk » Sun Feb 4, 2018 8:57 pm

I don't think it would necessarily be giving up on this season as much as the belief is they can replace Ryno's fluctuating contributions with other guys on the roster.
So if they have an opportunity to move their least favorable contract and gives themselves more flexibility they have to consider it.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
MovieMuscle
Starter
And1: 949

Post#46 » by MovieMuscle » Mon Feb 5, 2018 4:25 am

inquisitive wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:If Joe Johnson gets bought out you would have to assume there would be interest there from one side or the other.

CF says that the Rockets are pursuing a trade for JJ and Favors likely attached with Anderson as outbound . Both guys are expirings and also good enough to help Rockets win now.

lmao that sounds terrible. Anderson and someone else is far too much for an aging Joe Johnson and an offensively limited Favors. Sorry, but we need 3+D guys. We can't subtract them and add more centers.

Return to Houston Rockets