Rockets Interested In Tyreke Evans

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

King Roosk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Rockets Interested In Tyreke Evans 

Post#1 » by King Roosk » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:12 pm

Saw today that the Rockets contacted Memphis regarding acquiring Tyreke Evans. Memphis wants a 1st rounder in return. I don’t personally see how Tyreke fits with our current team, nor do I think we even have a 1st rounder to give. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Re: Rockets Interested In Tyreke Evans 

Post#2 » by K_chile22 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:14 pm

He would be a great get, and I doubt they get a first for him, but the Rockets still have nothing to offer. Was probably a brief conversation.
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#3 » by moofs » Thu Feb 1, 2018 12:10 am

FINGERS CROSSED.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
TacoLord
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,249

Post#4 » by TacoLord » Tue Feb 6, 2018 10:13 pm

Do we really need him though? Not that the 29th pick in the draft will be worth that much, but I just don't think we really need Evans that bad, unless Ariza will be out for the season. Also need to be careful not to stray into the luxury tax this year, so they can pay guys next year. It is good to gauge interest, and make other contenders pay more for him though.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#5 » by texasholdem » Wed Feb 7, 2018 4:16 am

TacoLord wrote:Do we really need him though? Not that the 29th pick in the draft will be worth that much, but I just don't think we really need Evans that bad, unless Ariza will be out for the season. Also need to be careful not to stray into the luxury tax this year, so they can pay guys next year. It is good to gauge interest, and make other contenders pay more for him though.

Evans is only making $3.3m this year just like Black. He's a free agent without Bird rights this summer. Black and our first for a likely rental? Or maybe they'd take Onuaku and Troy Williams (and a first) instead of Tarik, who could be important in the playoffs.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
Alex_De_Large
Lead Assistant
And1: 45

Post#6 » by Alex_De_Large » Thu Feb 8, 2018 10:56 pm

What a bad move by the Grizzlies, they should have been asking for something less than a first pick. Now they will get NOTHING for him because he is sure leaving the Grizzlies this summer.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Re: RE: Re: Rockets Interested In Tyreke Evans 

Post#7 » by K_chile22 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 6:53 am

Alex_De_Large wrote:What a bad move by the Grizzlies, they should have been asking for something less than a first pick. Now they will get NOTHING for him because he is sure leaving the Grizzlies this summer.

They were delusional for ever thinking they'd get a first for him without taking on bad salary when he doesn't even have bird rights. Multiple teams were offering multiple seconds and they turned them all away just so they can make their draft pick worse. Such a terrible decision. If the reported Celtics offer was real, of Yabu, and two seconds, I can't believe they said no

Return to Houston Rockets