ImageImage

Rockets Off-Season

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,599

Rockets Off-Season 

Post#1 » by NYG » Sat Apr 7, 2018 5:15 pm

Not a Rockets fan, but trying to get a feel for what the Rockets are trying to do this off-season if some one or a few of you combined could let me know a detailed breakdown of what they’re likely to do this off-season.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Re: Rockets Off-Season 

Post#2 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 5:45 pm

Well, the season isn't over yet, so I think they're focused on trying to win a championship right now. After that, probably something that involves lots of alcohol and strippers.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Rocketsbaby
Sixth Man
And1: 1,114

Post#3 » by Rocketsbaby » Sat Apr 7, 2018 7:32 pm

NYG wrote:Not a Rockets fan, but trying to get a feel for what the Rockets are trying to do this off-season if some one or a few of you combined could let me know a detailed breakdown of what they’re likely to do this off-season.

I mean i really think we are going to need to see how they do. If they get exposed by a particular thing then they'll probably try to address that. Obviously, we are going after Lebron but it will take some really tricky cap navigation to get him.

Obviously we are still trying our hardest to dump Ryan Anderson but that's going to be quite difficult without taking bad another awful contract.

Also, we will probably need to max CP3
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#4 » by MaxRider » Sat Apr 7, 2018 7:55 pm

Jeez. The payoff hasn't even started yet. What we do in this off season will depend on how we do in the playoff.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#5 » by Mr. E » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:26 pm

It is not the time to be talking about this.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#6 » by Mr. E » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:28 pm

Rocketsbaby wrote:
Obviously we are still trying our hardest to dump Ryan Anderson but that's going to be quite difficult without taking bad another awful contract.

I don’t think that this is as big a priority for the Rockets as it is for fans & “experts.”
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Rocketsbaby
Sixth Man
And1: 1,114

Post#7 » by Rocketsbaby » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 am

Mr. E wrote:
Rocketsbaby wrote:

I don’t think that this is as big a priority for the Rockets as it is for fans & “experts.”

He's clearly a bad player. And he's on a contract that might be the one thing that prevents us from winning a title.

There's really no getting around that he hurts you when he's on the floor and the deeper you get in the playoffs the larger of a liabiity he is. He's completely unplayable against the Warriors or Cavs. And even teams like SAS, UTAH, Toronto really expose him.
TacoLord
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,249

Post#8 » by TacoLord » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:17 pm

delete thread, ban user.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,599

Post#9 » by NYG » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:44 am

TacoLord wrote:delete thread, ban user.

I'm a Knicks fan.. Off-Seasons are all I have
TJ_Baller_24
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#10 » by TJ_Baller_24 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:56 pm

We need to definitely find a spot to dump Ryan Anderson's contract. Either we dump him or stretch out his contract over like a seven year timespan.
We also need to resign Luc Mbah a Moute. He is really one of the best defenders, let alone the most underrated defender in the league. We are ranked number one in defensive efficiency when he is on the floor. We are ranked fourth when he is off the floor.
We need to resign CP3 to the max deal.

Return to Houston Rockets