And you never once paid for drugs Not once
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: The Offseason 

Post#162 » by bondom34 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:11 am

He's all yours fellas.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#163 » by Mr. E » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:05 am

bondom34 wrote:He's all yours fellas.

Banned. :lol:
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#164 » by texasholdem » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:56 am

Who is the Rockets' competition for Melo?
BOS - no
BRK - maybe?
CHI - maybe?
CHA - no
CLE - no
DAL - no
DEN - no
DET - maybe?
GSW - no
IND - no
LAC - yes
LAL - yes
MEM - no
MIA - yes
MIL - no
MIN - no
NOP - maybe?
NYK - no
ORL - no
PHI - maybe?
PHO - no
POR - maybe?
SAC - no
SAS - maybe?
TOR - no
UTA - no
WAS - maybe?
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#165 » by TMU » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:09 pm

Doom is coming.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#166 » by No-Man » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#167 » by MaxRider » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:19 pm

all sign point to:

C - Capela, Nene, Hartenstein (I expect Onuaku waived)
PF - Tucker, Anderson, Zhou (rumor Anderson is going to Sacramento, there is discussion, not sure if it get serious)
SF - Melo, Green, Ennis
SG - Harden, Gordon, Melton
PG - Paul, Carter-Williams

Edwards look like trash, i rather keep Adel
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Re: RE: Re: The Offseason 

Post#168 » by K_chile22 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:02 pm

MaxRider wrote:all sign point to:

PF - Tucker, Anderson, Zhou (rumor Anderson is going to Sacramento, there is discussion, not sure if it get serious)
SF - Melo, Green, Ennis

They spent $1.5M in cash on Edwards, they're keeping him, Ă t least on a two way
MaxRider
RealGM

Post#169 » by MaxRider » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:08 pm

K_chile22 wrote:

SF - Melo, Green, Ennis

They spent $1.5M in cash on Edwards, they're keeping him, Ă t least on a two way

they still have his draft right without a contract, 2-way is most likely and play for Vipers
K_chile22
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Offseason 

Post#170 » by K_chile22 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:10 pm

MaxRider wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:

SF - Melo, Green, Ennis

they still have his draft right without a contract, 2-way is most likely and play for Vipers
He already signed a contract with the Rockets, but it's one that can be converted to a two way. There's no stashing option. Also, the sample on SL is a bit small. Edwards looked fine to me, he just didn't hit his threes, but he's proven over four years at Purdue he's a good shooter. Adel surprised me but he has never been a shooter and his defense is worse than Edwards' when it comes to explosive guys, tho he's better at guarding fours because he's massive
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#171 » by texasholdem » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:30 am

MaxRider wrote:PF - Tucker, Anderson, Zhou (rumor Anderson is going to Sacramento, there is discussion, not sure if it get serious)

Kings just signed Nemaja Bjelica today so they're likely not interested in Ryan Anderson anymore.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#172 » by K_chile22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:22 am

texasholdem wrote:
MaxRider wrote:PF - Tucker, Anderson, Zhou (rumor Anderson is going to Sacramento, there is discussion, not sure if it get serious)

Kings just signed Nemaja Bjelica today so they're likely not interested in Ryan Anderson anymore.
They'd be interested in the assets the Rockets send with Anderson, not Anderson himself. That's always been the case imo. Don't think the Rockets will be willing to give what it's going to take for someone to take Anderson though.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#173 » by texasholdem » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:00 am

K_chile22 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

They'd be interested in the assets the Rockets send with Anderson, not Anderson himself. That's always been the case imo. Don't think the Rockets will be willing to give what it's going to take for someone to take Anderson though.

They weren't going to take on Anderson's salary and not have him play just for some late first rounders. They had been interested in him in the past.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#174 » by No-Man » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:34 am

SF - Melo, Green, Ennis

MCW is trash at PG, he's a 2, he is also likely worse than Melton and Ennis, Houston better not play him even a minute at PG

as a defensive wing, that's where his value lies

Paul-Gordon-Melton
Harden-Green-MCW-Hunter
Anthony-Ennis-Edwards
Tucker-Anderson-Zhou
Capela-NenĂŞ-Hartenstein-Onuaku

Hunter is under contract as a 2-way for another year, Edwards has looked worse than Adel in SL but they paid/traded to get his pick, and is a more advanced player in terms of passing, team ball, etc, Adel is more athletic and a better shooter though, could be close but I think on a 2-way they sign Edwards before the aussie ultimately

Adel, House, Duval, Rob Gray, Gary Clark after he likely gets cut, should be Vipers hopefully, that's good talent to have in the G-League 100%

I don't think they cut Onuaku unless somebody that they like becomes available, could be Arthur or Dudley if they get cut though
No-Man
RealGM

Post#175 » by No-Man » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:34 am

K_chile22 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

They don't have the space any longer after signing Ferrell and Bjelica, that rumor is dead
MaxRider
RealGM

Post#176 » by MaxRider » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Fischella wrote:

SF - Melo, Green, Ennis

MCW is trash at PG, he's a 2, he is also likely worse than Melton and Ennis, Houston better not play him even a minute at PG

as a defensive wing, that's where his value lies

Paul-Gordon-Melton
Harden-Green-MCW-Hunter
Anthony-Ennis-Edwards
Tucker-Anderson-Zhou
Capela-NenĂŞ-Hartenstein-Onuaku

Hunter is under contract as a 2-way for another year, Edwards has looked worse than Adel in SL but they paid/traded to get his pick, and is a more advanced player in terms of passing, team ball, etc, Adel is more athletic and a better shooter though, could be close but I think on a 2-way they sign Edwards before the aussie ultimately

Adel, House, Duval, Rob Gray, Gary Clark after he likely gets cut, should be Vipers hopefully, that's good talent to have in the G-League 100%

I don't think they cut Onuaku unless somebody that they like becomes available, could be Arthur or Dudley if they get cut though

i'm just listing players not doing depth chart
everyone know Harden is the starting PG
CP3 is the backup
Gordon is the 3rd PG
2-way won't be with the team full time
don't really care
Soca
Veteran
And1: 841

Post#177 » by Soca » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:57 pm

moofs wrote:
Soca wrote:
moofs wrote:
JaVale's not as skilled.
He's more effective, though.

Not without 4 all stars around him.

Nope, even without.
https://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players/compare?utf8=%E2%9C%93&player_ids%5B%5D=343&player_ids%5B%5D=289&season=career

JaVale is way better at shooting efficiency, blocks, and turnovers, all of which create and use possessions very well.

DeMarcus takes more shots, gets more assists, and gets a few more rebounds. If “shot creation” is your thing, I suppose he’s great, but literally ANY schlub can heave the ball toward the rim.

Basically, DeMarcus problem is that he refuses to abandon his weaknesses and play to his strengths. “Being the best” is about being effective, not the most talented, the latter of which DeMarcus wins hands down.

The 60’s Celtics* and 00’s Spurs didn’t win all those titles because they were more talented, but because they were more effective. The 90’s Bulls, the 80’s Lakers, and the 10’s Warriors were all both of those things.

In comparison to the singular talent of Chamberlain, as the team itself was fairly well stacked with really good players.

If Cousins plays to his strengths (which he’s never yet done in his career) and recovers from his injury (for which there is a very poor track record), sure, he could be better than JaVale. Historically, though? JaVale all day.

Dude Javale was almost out of the league 2 years ago. He's been a solid role player for GSW but let's not make it more than it is right now.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#178 » by K_chile22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:46 pm

Fischella wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

They don't have the space any longer after signing Ferrell and Bjelica, that rumor is dead
Involving Koufus or Shumpert fixed that
No-Man
RealGM

Post#179 » by No-Man » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:13 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
Fischella wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:They'd be interested in the assets the Rockets send with Anderson, not Anderson himself. That's always been the case imo. Don't think the Rockets will be willing to give what it's going to take for someone to take Anderson though.

Not sure I'd trade Ryno for Shumpert, I mean you save money but you probably need to give up an asset and Anderson is a much much better player

That's a cheap move by the owner if it happens, makes you worse
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#180 » by K_chile22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:31 pm

Fischella wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
Fischella wrote:They don't have the space any longer after signing Ferrell and Bjelica, that rumor is dead

Not sure I'd trade Ryno for Shumpert, I mean you save money but you probably need to give up an asset and Anderson is a much much better player

That's a cheap move by the owner if it happens, makes you worse

If the sign Melo they'll have 2 fours ahead of Ryno, and Shumpert is at least a body at 3 and is expiring. Sending Ryno and even more assets for nothing coming back also made them worse

Return to Houston Rockets