ImageImage

GT 23: Houston Rockets @ Minnesota Timberwolves 03/12 8:00PM CDT

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 9,827
And1: 7,114
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

GT 23: Houston Rockets @ Minnesota Timberwolves 03/12 8:00PM CDT 

Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Dec 3, 2018 9:07 pm

Image
Read on Twitter
Image
YoungMoney23
Starter
Posts: 2,197
And1: 123
Joined: May 06, 2007
Location: Chandler, Arizona
         

Re: GT 23: Houston Rockets @ Minnesota Timberwolves 03/12 8:00PM CDT 

Post#2 » by YoungMoney23 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 3:14 am

Chris Paul has been a disaster this season... Seriously how do we blow a 19 pt lead...
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
User avatar
BallerTalk
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,081
And1: 4,276
Joined: Jul 01, 2013

Re: GT 23: Houston Rockets @ Minnesota Timberwolves 03/12 8:00PM CDT 

Post#3 » by BallerTalk » Wed Dec 5, 2018 9:21 pm

YoungMoney23 wrote:Chris Paul has been a disaster this season... Seriously how do we blow a 19 pt lead...


A disaster?

I disagree.
Granted he's had some subpar games but if you think CP has been the reason for the up and down season (so far) you haven't been paying attention.
Evolution is in progress.

Stay tuned.
YoungMoney23
Starter
Posts: 2,197
And1: 123
Joined: May 06, 2007
Location: Chandler, Arizona
         

Re: GT 23: Houston Rockets @ Minnesota Timberwolves 03/12 8:00PM CDT 

Post#4 » by YoungMoney23 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 2:35 am

BallerTalk wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:Chris Paul has been a disaster this season... Seriously how do we blow a 19 pt lead...


A disaster?

I disagree.
Granted he's had some subpar games but if you think CP has been the reason for the up and down season (so far) you haven't been paying attention.


For what it cost us to keep him, I'd rather of spread that money around to keep Ariza, didn't care for Mbah a Moute or at least bring in more proven talent than MCW or Chriss. When you were as close as we were to taking down Golden State, it wouldn't have been a hard sell to most free agents.
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
User avatar
BallerTalk
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,081
And1: 4,276
Joined: Jul 01, 2013

Re: GT 23: Houston Rockets @ Minnesota Timberwolves 03/12 8:00PM CDT 

Post#5 » by BallerTalk » Fri Dec 7, 2018 3:20 am

YoungMoney23 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:Chris Paul has been a disaster this season... Seriously how do we blow a 19 pt lead...


A disaster?

I disagree.
Granted he's had some subpar games but if you think CP has been the reason for the up and down season (so far) you haven't been paying attention.


For what it cost us to keep him, I'd rather of spread that money around to keep Ariza, didn't care for Mbah a Moute or at least bring in more proven talent than MCW or Chriss. When you were as close as we were to taking down Golden State, it wouldn't have been a hard sell to most free agents.



That's not how it works.
The Rockets were already over the cap so even if they signed CP3 for half the price there still wouldn't have been any significant money to "spread around". That's what makes the whole "CP3 greedy" narrative so laughable.

Re-signing Paul was a no brainer. Failing to do so would have set the franchise back for years and on so many levels.
Not only would they lose an All-NBA caliber player with no clear way to replace that level of talent, they would have run the risk of alienating their franchise player and calling into question their commitment to winning.

In no universe do you give up a Chris Paul just to hold on to a Trevor Ariza or Luc Mbah a Moute.
Evolution is in progress.

Stay tuned.

Return to Houston Rockets