Moderators: ken6199, TMU

inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Re: Next season 

Post#21 » by inquisitive » Wed May 15, 2019 2:55 am

YoungMoney23 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
jwise44 wrote:I hope we get iggy brazdeikis in the draft. That’s the mainnnn thing I want this offseason.

Cleveland has our 1st round draft pick thanks to Iman Shumpert. We don't even have any second round picks this year.

In Morey we trust

i'm worey, we rust :wink:
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#22 » by moofs » Wed May 15, 2019 8:41 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
moofs wrote:He had oneother draft pick that really annoyed me. I can’t remember which.

Joey Dorsey!

Close, but he redeemed himself with his gorilla dunk articles over at TDS. (We SHOULD have been considering we missed on DeAndre Freaking Jordan).

You reminded me who it was, though. I’d wanted DeJuan Blair in 2009 instead of Sergio Llllllluuullllllll.

For about 3 years I was totally right, but after that it was like DeJuan had bad knees or something and he fell totally off the map. Weird!
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#23 » by TMU » Thu May 16, 2019 1:17 pm

Anthony Davis and Zion potentially (and conveniently) on the same team? Get it done Morey. Time to own the Pels again.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#24 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:00 pm

Rockets fired the wrong coach.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Post#25 » by YoungMoney23 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:09 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Rockets fired the wrong coach.

Thats for sure...
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
moofs
General Manager
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#26 » by moofs » Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Rockets fired the wrong coach.

I'm guessing it went like this:

Wrong coach: "I'm really still not sure I want to keep coaching. Strongly considering retiring again."
Fertitta: "Well, make a decision."
Wrong coach: "Mmmmmmmm.... let me think about it."
Fertitta: "You've been a great asset to this organization. Thanks for all you've done. We have to have our coaching search wrapped up by July."

It's hard getting used to this guy.
Les had his quirks, but they were mostly understandable from fiscal standpoints.
Fertitta kinda seems more like he needs to impose his testicularitude and be involved for the sake of being involved.
Morey 2020.

moofs
General Manager

Post#27 » by moofs » Mon May 20, 2019 10:02 pm

Does House’s postseason no-show hurt his contract to the point we can afford him?

I’m guessing no, but I would like to be surprised... I’m sure he doesn’t want to be... :-)
Morey 2020.

TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#28 » by TMU » Tue May 21, 2019 12:37 am

moofs wrote:Does House’s postseason no-show hurt his contract to the point we can afford him?

I’m guessing no, but I would like to be surprised... I’m sure he doesn’t want to be... :-)

I think he's still a decent player. His lack of experience hurt him a little, but it's also difficult to fault him when he had limited exposure. I hope we retain him.
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#29 » by YoungMoney23 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:55 pm

Already making the news that Capela and CP3 being mentioned in trade rumors...
Muscles
Senior
And1: 270

Post#30 » by Muscles » Wed May 29, 2019 5:00 pm

CP3 is impossible to move. No team is touching that albatross.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#31 » by TMU » Wed May 29, 2019 7:41 pm

YoungMoney23 wrote:Already making the news that Capela and CP3 being mentioned in trade rumors...

Call me crazy, but I would even venture trading James Harden first. There will be a ton of offers made.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#32 » by jwise44 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:52 am

TMU wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:Already making the news that Capela and CP3 being mentioned in trade rumors...

Call me crazy, but I would even venture trading James Harden first. There will be a ton of offers made.

Ain’t happening

Cp3 trade ain’t happening either, I wish we could just play a different style with more movement to make it work cause people aren’t touching anything we can give outside of capela Gordon and pj and with them we won’t get equal or better value
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#33 » by YoungMoney23 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:13 pm

jwise44 wrote:
TMU wrote:

Ain’t happening

Cp3 trade ain’t happening either, I wish we could just play a different style with more movement to make it work cause people aren’t touching anything we can give outside of capela Gordon and pj and with them we won’t get equal or better value

Theres always a desperate GM looking to take a gamble so I think a CP3 trade is possible but it will cost us probably Eric Gordon to do it or a ton of picks
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,124

Post#34 » by Darthlukey » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:36 am

jwise44 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:
In Morey we trust

Based on what exactly?

That he has consistently built good teams?

I get pessimism, and I think the rockets need to do something different, but morey ain’t the problem

Celtics board has the same tone about Ainge
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,557

Post#35 » by ken6199 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 pm

jwise44 wrote:
TMU wrote:

Ain’t happening

The reality is once Harden sees there is not a big chance of winning the whole thing, he will turn into heavy ISO mode to boost his stats and continue to build his legacy by elevating his status in the world of "best offensive players". Adding off ball, playing better defense, those changes won't change people's mind, but another season wit Wilt/Kobe level performance actually goes a long way, as far as his personal legacy is concerned.

Something I can see Curry doing next season too. Players want something to play for, a shot at the chip, a new fat contract, a starting job, or their own legacy.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#36 » by BallerTalk » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:32 pm

texasholdem wrote:
jwise44 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:Congrats to Enes Kanter and Rodney Hood for getting to the NBA Wcf with Portland.

I was ridiculed here for wanting to sign Kanter when he was bought out. He would have been a given us a different look while clint struggled vs GSW and it wouldn't have cost anything to get him.

I said Hood would have been a better signing than James Ennis and while Ennis has contributed off the bench for Philly, it's obvious Hood is the better NBA player.

I don’t remember you being ridiculed, I wanted kanter, too

It wasn't you. It was the jerk who said I only wanted the worst things for the team and always accuses me of not being a true fan or whatever for not kissing Morey's butt. I think others said Kanter isn't playable because of his defense but he played a ton of minutes against a superior player in Jokic and was still effective, despite fasting for Ramadan.

That "jerk" sounds a lot like me because I do routinely call you out about the dumbass trades you suggest here that almost ALWAYS portend negatively for the Rockets.
And yes I have questioned your Rockets fandom (because it's either that or your basic NBA awareness) but it has nothing to do with Morey.

That said, I don't think I chimed in on the Kanter suggestion. If I did I really don't remember although I almost certainly would have been against it. His defense is virtually nonexistent and his playability is greatly compromised as a result. That was exposed once again when they played the Warriors.
Seems your self satisfied "I told ya so" and personal back-patting was a bit premature.

Funny how you were gloating about Kanter being on the team that made the WCF but were you conspicuously silent about how he was virtually missing in action when the Blazers were getting swept.
It's also interesting that you failed to mention the fact that the Blazers were in the WCF more as a result hinky last day seeding that allowed them to avoid Houston and GS.

I'm guessing that the last time you'll tacitly equate getting past the Nuggets with getting past the Warriors.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-

Return to Houston Rockets