ImageImage

Why not Gallo?

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Why not Gallo? 

Post#1 » by red96 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:15 pm

Really? With the Paul/Westbrook deal not finalized, Gallinari could be added easily. He's 6'10, was .433% from 3, can create his own shot, is an underrated defender, has the ability to play make when needed, and played half of his time at PF last season. He's had injury concerns throughout his career, and his rebounding could be better, but as a 3rd-5th option, he seems like he'd be a great get for the Rockets. Why no mention of the Rockets interest in him? Am I missing something? What do you guys think?
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Re: Why not Gallo? 

Post#2 » by YoungMoney23 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:20 am

I like it, probably cost too much though unless he's willing to take a paycut
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#3 » by texasholdem » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:13 pm

How do we add him to the deal when he makes 22. 6 million? We'd have to match salaries so we'd need to add Capela or Gordon /Tucker to the deal.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
red96
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by red96 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:21 pm

texasholdem wrote:How do we add him to the deal when he makes 22. 6 million? We'd have to match salaries so we'd need to add Capela or Gordon /Tucker to the deal.

Couldn't we add Shumpert S&T'd at $13m?The Westbrook/Paul swap gives us roughly $8m extra to work with.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#5 » by TMU » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:43 pm

red96 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:How do we add him to the deal when he makes 22. 6 million? We'd have to match salaries so we'd need to add Capela or Gordon /Tucker to the deal.

Couldn't we add Shumpert S&T'd at $13m?The Westbrook/Paul swap gives us roughly $8m extra to work with.

I think it's a great idea, but I am not sure if teams would be willing to take Shump at that value.
red96
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by red96 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:37 am

TMU wrote:
red96 wrote:

I think it's a great idea, but I am not sure if teams would be willing to take Shump at that value.
I think Shumpert at around $10 million would work for salary matching, and he'd essentially be just an expiring contract. That would get OKC out of the luxury tax. Add a Houston 1st rounder and its a win-win imo. Tilman may not want to pay the tax for Gallo, but I think he''d be well worth it if the Rockets cant land RoCo.
-baki "the Rockets fan"

Return to Houston Rockets