Game 4: Houston Rockets (2-1) @ Washington Wizards (1-2) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:10 pm

Read on Twitter
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,048

Re: Game 4: Houston Rockets (2-1) -@ Washington Wizards (1-2) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Lalouie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:04 am

can someone tell what westy did in the 4th?

i only checked in the box score, and i noticed this was going to be james's game but noticed in the 4th there was a bump in westy's stats across the board.

what happened?
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#3 » by TMU » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:12 am

Harden and Westbrook beasted through the 4th with a vicious comeback. There were some huge buckets made by those guys. What a game.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#4 » by BallerTalk » Fri Nov 1, 2019 2:17 am

TMU wrote:Harden and Westbrook beasted through the 4th with a vicious comeback. There were some huge buckets made by those guys. What a game.

A good old fashioned shootout :nod:

I'm not surprised that folks who didn't watch the game were quick to quip about the defense, which obviously wasn't particularly stiff.
But those who did watch know that both teams shot extremely well with a number of guys knocking down some very difficult shots.
Hell, even Clint Capela drained a 20' jumper

Rockets fans knew the offense would explode once Harden and Gordon started hitting their 3s at their normal clip and that's exactly what happened.
Meanwhile for the Wiz, it was their home opener in front of a capacity crowd so they were obviously pumped and apparently Bradley Beal was breaking out of a shooting slump of his own.
So both offenses were virtual unstoppable at time with each team having a double figure lead in the game.

But yeah, despite being down 12 in the fourth, it seemed like Harden and Westbrook were determined to win that game.
Harden was scoring at will and finding guys when the defense collapse and Westbrook was doing a little of everything else, including getting huge tip-in, attacking the basket and knocking down his only three of the night.
It was an impressive comeback to close out a helluva game.

Oh, and Rui Hachimura looks straight up legit.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#5 » by TheBabyMaker » Fri Nov 1, 2019 5:41 am

That was a hell of a game. Wiz fan here. We need more losses than wins Glad Harden and West did not ruin our tank.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#6 » by TMU » Fri Nov 1, 2019 4:05 pm

It’s also important to mention that the pace has been absolutely ridiculous since Westy joined the roster. Harden had subpar first 3 games, yet the offense has never been better imo. I am interested to see if they will continue this high octane offense while sacrificing defense with the goal to outscore their opponents. This team is still trying to figure things out and I think they will have more answer when they start playing the better Western teams.

Return to Houston Rockets