Rockets sign DeMarre Carroll and Uncle Jeff Green

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,164

Rockets sign DeMarre Carroll and Uncle Jeff Green 

Post#1 » by TMU » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:03 am

The Houston Rockets will use their two remaining open roster spots to sign DeMarre Carroll and Jeff Green.

Green will initially sign a 10-day contract with the Rockets.

Carroll agreed to a buyout with the San Antonio Spurs and will sign with the Rockets once he clears waivers.

Carroll and Green give the Rockets two additional players who fit their small-ball emphasis.

Carroll signed with the Rockets on a three-year deal. Carroll was due $2.3 million for the rest of this season from the spurs, $6.65 million in 2020-2021 and $1.35 million guaranteed in 2021-22.

Green was released by the Utah Jazz in December.

Solid signing imo. Carroll can be a great defender and Jeff Green runs the floor pretty well.
BallerTalk
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,721

Re: Rockets sign DeMarre Carroll and Uncle Jeff Green 

Post#2 » by BallerTalk » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:22 am

Depth.
To innovate is to become a thing not easily appreciated by the simple.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 15,046

Re: Rockets sign DeMarre Carroll and Uncle Jeff Green 

Post#3 » by ken6199 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:05 am

I still don't think he is a reliable shooter and he has a tendency to shy away from contacts, but hey at least he is more useful than a 37 yo Joe Johnson so I am good with additional depth.

Same for Jeff Green - not big enough to battle down low not good enough as a sharp shooter and now he is past his athletic prime he has no quickness to get by his defender either. Just an additional body and a locker room "veteran voice".

The one I anticipate the most is a healthy Brazilian KD. This dude can be our x factor especially help Tucker reduces his minutes.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.

Return to Houston Rockets