ImageImage

We kept our pick! 2021 NBA Draft Discussion

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,891

We kept our pick! 2021 NBA Draft Discussion 

Post#1 » by K_chile22 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:23 am

Hey everyone, this board is mighty dead but maybe an influx of young talent will bring it back :)

Rockets have
#2 (thank God)

Who do yall like for number two? Consensus is its between Mobley, Green and Suggs

Personally I flip flop between Mobley and Green with Suggs a solid third.
Right now I'm leaning green, being so polished as a scorer with so much athleticism to grow into is very attractive.

For the other picks some guys I like that could realistically be there:
Jaden Springer - Athletic defensive guard who shot well in college and may be the best defensive guard in the draft
Jared Butler - not as athletic but similar to Springer with a better track record as a shooter
Sharife Cooper - best live dribble guy maybe in the whole draft, but shot terribly from three and the field and is quite small, which is why he'd be available here
Usman Guruba - defensive stud at the four. Doesn't do anything on offense
Ziaire Williams - shot making wing who had an underwhelming college season but had an especially weird year being in the bay area during covid
Trey Murphy - 6'9 shooter with a 7' wingspan and good athleticism, can defend well on the wing
Tre Mann - a bit concerned with the way he doesn't put pressure on the rim and his defense, but a pull up shooting savant at guard

Guys I'd like to trade up for if they fall:
Josh Giddey - 6'8 guard with point guard level passing and a OK shooter, needs to tighten hsi handle to really be a point guard imo
James Bouknight - athletic scoring wing who I think has good potential to be a good defender. Gets knocked for shot selection but I think it was a product of his team
Franz Wagner - really heady player, seems like a high level glue guy. Great team defense and projects to be a good shooter with some ball skills
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Re: We kept our pick! 2021 NBA Draft Discussion 

Post#2 » by red96 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:55 am

I think the Rockets are gonna need a few more #2's to get people to care again.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#3 » by madmaxmedia » Fri Jul 9, 2021 7:31 pm

Congrats on keeping your pick! I guess it was pretty 50/50 on whether you'd get pick-swapped or not, didn't know it was so up in the air.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#4 » by K_chile22 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:09 am

madmaxmedia wrote:Congrats on keeping your pick! I guess it was pretty 50/50 on whether you'd get pick-swapped or not, didn't know it was so up in the air.
Thanks, yeah it was a real nail biter. Had a 24% chance of getting top two so they lucked out
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,336

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:28 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,336