Moderators: ken6199, TMU

MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#101 » by MaxRider » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:19 am

Amel wrote:good game

Scola and Battier had a bad day...Alston and Head were money

look at Butler's stats
you know Battier had a great game (on the defensive end)
Julio
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#102 » by Julio » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:31 am

Well, I think I should do all the game threads from now on...
1-0 BABY!!!!!!!!
Great win..I hope the streak goes on!
T-Mac United wrote:You mean 99% of the posts in the game thread is b.s.. We have some of the best posters in our board and I won't call their posts b.s.

Houston Rockets RealGM Board FTW
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,896

Post#103 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:41 am

MaxRider wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

look at Butler's stats
you know Battier had a great game (on the defensive end)

Amen to that. If Caron outscores Battier by only 3 points, 9 times out of 10 that's a win.
Iggyemu
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#104 » by Iggyemu » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:32 pm

Finally got a chance to watch this game. We did two things well tonight. Shot it well...defended well. Everything in between was horrible. Tonight showed just how much we still need McGrady here. What these role players have done in stepping up is provided something in between the Yao and McGrady sandwich so to speak. There were stretches in this game were we looked so poor it wasn't even funny. Stretches in which we needed McGrady to put together something when all else was failing.

When he gets back...if he stays healthy I think we have a chance to do some great things this season especially with all the homes games promised to us by a brutal road schedule in the first 2 months.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
xcomputerman
Pro Prospect

Post#105 » by xcomputerman » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:08 pm

Iggyemu wrote:Finally got a chance to watch this game. We did two things well tonight. Shot it well...defended well. Everything in between was horrible. Tonight showed just how much we still need McGrady here. What these role players have done in stepping up is provided something in between the Yao and McGrady sandwich so to speak. There were stretches in this game were we looked so poor it wasn't even funny. Stretches in which we needed McGrady to put together something when all else was failing.

I disagree with your assessment. The Rockets did not need T-Mac at all last night. Contrary to what you said, they did everything well except take care of the ball. There were too many occasions when they tried to force a pass instead of doing something simpler and it resulted in a turnover, but then they defended so well that it did not matter. Everything else was great. The ball movement on offense and execution was superb. The best part was the way they responded with a 10-0 run every time the Wizards tried to put something together. Look, everybody makes a run in the NBA. They could not have responded any better than they did - they would push the score to within 3, and then the Rockets would suddenly reel off another 8-10 straight points, timeout. They clearly dominated the Wizards yesterday, and but for those turnovers, it would've been over by the start of the 4th.
http://fourpointers.com - We've got unlimited range, baby
Iggyemu
RealGM

Post#106 » by Iggyemu » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:48 pm

We must have watched two different games. The stuff that we didn't do right were turnovers and it wasn't just passes. It was a lot of guys trying to do things they aren't comfortable with. Make no mistake..Yao was struggling last night but the Rockets kept going to him even still and it didn't result in much. It was when he was off the floor...when Head and Alston had their freedom that we were able make decisive runs. And when things slowed up we had a bunch of guys trying to dribble in traffic and make bad passes b/c they weren't getting anything from Yao in the halfcourt.

Thats when we need that other scorer. I am not saying we needed him last night I am saying we need McGrady back period. We have something here and to further explore it we need McGrady back. What has happened is these guys have finally started playing the way role players and championship level teams should. But something is still missing and its that other scoring punch. Now when Yao is struggling or T-Mac is struggling we have guys that can step up. Something we haven't had. So now you add that to the mix and we'll be good to go. We can beat the top teams when both Mac and Yao are on...we can beat the average to good teams when either is off. Thats what good role player play does.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
CuttingEdge
Banned User

Post#107 » by CuttingEdge » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:00 pm

Iggyemu wrote:We must have watched two different games. The stuff that we didn't do right were turnovers and it wasn't just passes. It was a lot of guys trying to do things they aren't comfortable with. Make no mistake..Yao was struggling last night but the Rockets kept going to him even still and it didn't result in much. It was when he was off the floor...when Head and Alston had their freedom that we were able make decisive runs. And when things slowed up we had a bunch of guys trying to dribble in traffic and make bad passes b/c they weren't getting anything from Yao in the halfcourt.

Thats when we need that other scorer. I am not saying we needed him last night I am saying we need McGrady back period. We have something here and to further explore it we need McGrady back. What has happened is these guys have finally started playing the way role players and championship level teams should. But something is still missing and its that other scoring punch. Now when Yao is struggling or T-Mac is struggling we have guys that can step up. Something we haven't had. So now you add that to the mix and we'll be good to go. We can beat the top teams when both Mac and Yao are on...we can beat the average to good teams when either is off. Thats what good role player play does.

Wow you really aren't the analyzer I thought you were. Yao had a great game and if it wasn't for him the perimeter could not get going. He had the 5th big man in the 4th consecutive game to foul out (Blatche). He had a ton of block shots and alters and with pretty good field goal percentage considering he only took a lil under 20 shots. Solid game that completely altered any plans the Wizards had in the paint. When people say you are a Yao hater, they are pretty much right on target. What's your problems and how short-sighted could you be?
Iggyemu
RealGM

Post#108 » by Iggyemu » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:03 pm

CuttingEdge wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wow you really aren't the analyzer I thought you were. Yao had a great game and if it wasn't for him the perimeter could not get going. He had the 5th big man in the 4th consecutive game to foul out (Blatche). He had a ton of block shots and alters and with pretty good field goal percentage considering he only took a lil under 20 shots. Solid game that completely altered any plans the Wizards had in the paint. When people say you are a Yao hater, they are pretty much right on target. What's your problems and how short-sighted could you be?

And you are just as dumb as I thought you were. When someone uses the term 'struggling' it refers to OFFENSE. Yao struggled offensively. Hell you know if comp comp says he did...then he did. Defense was great but that wasn't what I was talking about.

Learn about sports terminology then try again. I mean geez...have you never heard people say stuff like "Man that guy struggled tonight"...."Yea he did but his defense was good". How long have you been watching sports? Half a day max I bet.
CuttingEdge
Banned User

Post#109 » by CuttingEdge » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:10 pm

We did not need T-Mac. Look at the game. Scola and the perimeter plus others were cutting and making the open jump shot and getting easy lay-ups. Look at the points in the paint comparison. Yao accounted for like 12 of those but everybody else picked up and scored in the paint as well, plus the 3s were on target. Why the heck would T-Mac be needed in this game? The Celtics game would have been a T-Mac finishing game and win but this game was on cruise control with a ton of turn-overs but otherwise the Wizards aren't good enough this game anyways.
grond
Senior

Post#110 » by grond » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:11 pm

Iggyemu wrote:Tonight showed just how much we still need McGrady here.

I dunno about that. I think what it showed was that the Rockets tend to play sloppy with a lead against an inferior opponent (which was fairly obvious after the 1st qtr). Would T-Mac make a difference in this regard? Maybe, maybe not. But you generally need someone with a killer mentality for that sort of stuff.
compucomp
Banned User

Post#111 » by compucomp » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:30 pm

Iggyemu wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And you are just as dumb as I thought you were. When someone uses the term 'struggling' it refers to OFFENSE. Yao struggled offensively. Hell you know if comp comp says he did...then he did. Defense was great but that wasn't what I was talking about.

Learn about sports terminology then try again. I mean geez...have you never heard people say stuff like "Man that guy struggled tonight"...."Yea he did but his defense was good". How long have you been watching sports? Half a day max I bet.

He had problems with his shot but his defense was excellent. The Wiz tried to attack him in the paint and failed to get much out of it. Plus he still scored 21 points even on a poor shooting night.

Too bad you are caught in a contradiction now; "Yao can't win without McGrady" is out the window, so you're picking on his statistical performances. I never said I was happy with his statistical performance, I said he's playing like Jermaine O'Neal. But then you don't accept that he was putting up superstar, franchise-player production last year, because he "couldn't lead the team to wins." Now he is leading the team to wins with a dip in his stats, so he still sucks?

This just reveals that you are a Yao hater. Of course I knew as much when you claimed that Yao has no place in the league but you're showing everyone now.
grond
Senior

Post#112 » by grond » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:40 pm

Chill compucomp. Iggyemu already clarified he was talking about Yao's OFFENSE. And since you said ...

compucomp wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
He had problems with his shot.

as well, it would appear that you're both in agreement.

Half Yao's problems offensively last night can be put down to excellent defense by Haywood. Haven't seen much of that guy before, but he is a quality C imo.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#113 » by RoxFan08 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:46 pm

Iggyemu is not a Yao hater. From what I read, he's possibly the best and most objective analyzer of this team's performance.

Return to Houston Rockets