ImageImage

Shouldn't Landry see more minutes ...?

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

McTracy
Rookie
And1: 0

Shouldn't Landry see more minutes ...? 

Post#1 » by McTracy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:58 pm

I was watchin' last game against Woles and you know what, i'm so impressed with his game. Damn this guy is really great, he can do many thing well, I'm sure we need that type of guy especially when our worst position is still PF.

You know I'm even sure Landry should see more minutes, Hayes' minutes I belive. Scola is great, leave him but with Hayes who is pretty good only on the defensive end and on the boards Landry can offer other things.

What can he bring?
- he can shoot those 16ft jumpers
- he will probably dunk all those shoots around the basket. Hayes doesn't do that and he has a lot of missed layups
- he is quicker, he can make moves off the dribble
- well, he can also rebound the ball.

I think it's the same thing as with Aaron. First he didn't play at all, it was all about James but Adelman tried, he changed rotation and hell it works. Brooks is a rookie he can make some mistakes but he is great, he brings what the team needs and right now he's our 2nd best option on pg position.

I'm not sayin' Landry should play and Hayes shouldn't. Just give him a chance, let him play some tough minutes, see how he responds. He is a good player, he can help the team, why shouldn't Adelman try?
IT'S TIME
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#2 » by Baller 24 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:47 pm

I think we should try it out for a game or so, but if it doesn't work out then we go back to the old way. He kind of came off the bench and players weren't expecting much out of him, plus the Twolves have horrible defense, so it probably wasn't hard for him to play, but I'd try it out.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
Rocketsterps
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Re: Shouldn't Landry see more minutes ...? 

Post#3 » by Rocketsterps » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:48 pm

McTracy wrote:I was watchin' last game against Woles and you know what, i'm so impressed with his game. Damn this guy is really great, he can do many thing well, I'm sure we need that type of guy especially when our worst position is still PF.

You know I'm even sure Landry should see more minutes, Hayes' minutes I belive. Scola is great, leave him but with Hayes who is pretty good only on the defensive end and on the boards Landry can offer other things.

What can he bring?
- he can shoot those 16ft jumpers
- he will probably dunk all those shoots around the basket. Hayes doesn't do that and he has a lot of missed layups
- he is quicker, he can make moves off the dribble
- well, he can also rebound the ball.

I think it's the same thing as with Aaron. First he didn't play at all, it was all about James but Adelman tried, he changed rotation and hell it works. Brooks is a rookie he can make some mistakes but he is great, he brings what the team needs and right now he's our 2nd best option on pg position.

I'm not sayin' Landry should play and Hayes shouldn't. Just give him a chance, let him play some tough minutes, see how he responds. He is a good player, he can help the team, why shouldn't Adelman try?

How can you say that PF is our worst position when our 3rd string PF is the great Carl Landry? Landry will get more minutes depending on matchups. We still need Chuck Hayes out there to defend the best PF's in the west. Chuck Hayes has done his job (defend/rebound) all year. We have a great a great 3 headed monster at the PF now. All we need is an tall/long/athletic 4/5 to backup Yao and to help defend against the Garnett's/ Rasheed's/ Bosh's of the world.
2008-09 Championship Depth Chart
1) Ben Gordon/ Aaron Brooks/ Rafer Alston
2)Tracy McGrady/ B. Barry/ V. Wafer
3) Shane Battier/ R. Artest/ C. Hayes
4) Luis Scola/C. Landry/Joey Dorsey
5) Yao/ D. Mutumbo/Sean Williams
YaoisGodsAnswer
Senior

Post#4 » by YaoisGodsAnswer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:01 pm

He looks good in those limited minutes given to him but after all he is a rookie and rookies will almost certainly make rookie mistakes if given more time to him. There is no freakin way Adelman should play him before Luis and Chuck.

Maybe next year Landry.
BallaBoy
Junior

Post#5 » by BallaBoy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 pm

it usually works like this..

If you do good one game.. USUALLY the coach ups your playing time for the next game.

BUT.. that player is on the bubble.. if he shows improvement/same play as the player did the game before then his pt will increase again..

However, if the player doesnt play well, the player definately will lose his playing time and back to the bench he goes.

See chuck hayes of 05-06 season for an example.
DraftBoy10
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#6 » by DraftBoy10 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:40 pm

I do agree with playing him more but not in a rotational way, but more as in a spot minute way, when teams refuse to acknowledge Chuck and we play basically 4 on 5. At times there Chuck's minutes go down, and I think Landry can step up to them for about 10-12mins that game.

He plays with a lot of energy and hustles a lot, just a little overanxious. He's a solid player though and that's defnitely appealing considering the rooks we got this season have been great thus far; Brooks, Scola, and Landry.
A.J.
Banned User

Post#7 » by A.J. » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:28 pm

of course he should see more minutes...i think we should bench hayes and start scola and let hayes and landry share the backup pf minutes
compucomp
Banned User

Post#8 » by compucomp » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:31 pm

Landry is a deficient defender right now. Given that we were forced to put Yao on West as a desperation measure.... I think playing Landry heavy minutes would not have been a good idea. Whatever he did on offense he would have given right back on defense. Byron Scott loves to put people in isolation sets and that is where Landry would (and did) get owned.
blank1234
Freshman

Post#9 » by blank1234 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:11 am

Landry was getting pummeled down low by Craig Smith. He scored, maybe, 4-5 straights buckets on him by posting up.
yaomac11-1
Junior

Post#10 » by yaomac11-1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:33 pm

A.J. wrote:of course he should see more minutes...i think we should bench hayes and start scola and let hayes and landry share the backup pf minutes

sounds like a good idea, it could possibly happen after the all-star break
jzmagik
Banned User

Post#11 » by jzmagik » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:38 pm

blank1234 wrote:Landry was getting pummeled down low by Craig Smith. He scored, maybe, 4-5 straights buckets on him by posting up.
giordunk
Analyst
And1: 493

Post#12 » by giordunk » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:06 pm

YaoisGodsAnswer wrote:He looks good in those limited minutes given to him but after all he is a rookie and rookies will almost certainly make rookie mistakes if given more time to him. There is no freakin way Adelman should play him before Luis and Chuck.

Maybe next year Landry.

Luis is a rookie as well. But yea, he's a veteran rookie.

I don't mind seeing Landry get more minutes. He's a Chuck Hayes with lower basketball IQ but a lot better offensively.
i like peanuts
A.J.
Banned User

Post#13 » by A.J. » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:08 pm

hey who knows, maybe he can be what milsap was for the jazz last year
Rocketsterps
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by Rocketsterps » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:35 pm

2008-09 Championship Depth Chart
1) Ben Gordon/ Aaron Brooks/ Rafer Alston
2)Tracy McGrady/ B. Barry/ V. Wafer
3) Shane Battier/ R. Artest/ C. Hayes
4) Luis Scola/C. Landry/Joey Dorsey
5) Yao/ D. Mutumbo/Sean Williams
King Roosk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#15 » by King Roosk » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:43 pm

Wow, I didn't realize how jacked Landry was. I've liked what I've seen from him so far, and I definitely think he needs to get increased PT.
Amel
Banned User

Post#16 » by Amel » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:55 pm

yea

he has some jacked fibras
BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#17 » by BaYBaller » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:21 pm

Landry has mostly gotten burn when Hayes has gotten into early foul trouble, so we'll see what happens. Could Landry be the rebounding PF who can finish around the rim and has a jumpshot that we've been looking for all this time? At a mere 6-7?

He does seem like he can jump through the roof though, and his defense is his major weakness right now, often resorting to fouling his man. Hayes post defense is leagues better.

Return to Houston Rockets