ImageImage

[Game 39] Sixers (14-23) vs Rockets (20-18)

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Shabi__5
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#241 » by Shabi__5 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:20 am

We just lost to a team that lost 7 stragiht in a back 2 back for them.
We blew a lead in the 4th quarter once again after we always say we need to keep the lead in the previous times it happened.
Our coach kept all the players that sucked on the floor and let them continue sucking.
We went back to planting Yao in the low post even though we knew he will be triple teamed or we will just turn the ball over for a layup , once again.
All the other teams in the westkeep winning and we are losing to one of the worst teams in the league , we will be lucky to get into the playoffs and even if we do we will face and elite team and get crrushed in the first round.
THERE IS NO HOPE!
Don't ket your self get fooled by this team again , they are all talk after a coulpe iof wins against the worst teams in the league.
tha_rock220
General Manager
And1: 564

Post#242 » by tha_rock220 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:21 am

compucomp wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Who is this "Mac"? You mean the guy who faked an injury to get himself out of a blowout loss in Philly?

Yeah that same guy who the Rockets are like 3-1764 without.
nyk_buc
Head Coach
And1: 58

Post#243 » by nyk_buc » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:21 am

Who is this "Mac"? You mean the guy who faked an injury to get himself out of a blowout loss in Philly?

that does not stop him from being the best player and man on this team. he is NOT the leader, but he's still our go-to guy, regardless of his faults. the team goes as he goes.

even if tmac bricks all his shots in the 4th, at least he can jack them up and create something. it's too damn hard to even get yao the ball at times.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#244 » by Baller 24 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:21 am

No, McGrady was faking an injury, because he was getting crushed.

The team is now 7-7 without McGrady, 13-12 with McGrady.

Yao failed to come through with clutch shots today but it's not his fault that the guards keep throwing the ball away.

The 5 game winning streak demonstrated that "Yao can't win without McGrady" is total bunk. Two losses does not change that. Too bad TOFs like you are bringing back that bullsh*t again.

I didnt even write that?

Anyways...im talking about for the past 3 yrs, the Rockets without Tmac have HAD and STILL DO have a 23% winning percentage. So your saying none of the blame goes to Yao. I thought he was a superstar, best Center in the league if I could remeber? Players with that caliber can do that, but how come it isn't happening and hasn't happened? Im not hating on Yao, but Im just saying, Tmac is more valuable the Yao, and he is the main player of this team. He has proved, what about the 20-12 record without Yao last season, Tmac caught on fire.....the Rockets were 32-18 with Yao and Tmac....that sure means a lot and we played well the way we ended up. The Rockets won 52 games last season, and Tmac ended up 4th in MVP racing. Hmmm the year before that Tmac goes out, Yao comes back, what happens? we keep losing, the Rockets end up in the lottery and you know the rest of the story.
nyk_buc
Head Coach

Post#245 » by nyk_buc » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:22 am

Shabi__5 wrote:We just lost to a team that lost 7 stragiht in a back 2 back for them.
We blew a lead in the 4th quarter once again after we always say we need to keep the lead in the previous times it happened.
Our coach kept all the players that sucked on the floor and let them continue sucking.
We went back to planting Yao in the low post even though we knew he will be triple teamed or we will just turn the ball over for a layup , once again.
All the other teams in the westkeep winning and we are losing to one of the worst teams in the league , we will be lucky to get into the playoffs and even if we do we will face and elite team and get crrushed in the first round.
THERE IS NO HOPE!
Don't ket your self get fooled by this team again , they are all talk after a coulpe iof wins against the worst teams in the league.

relax, you'll see a refreshed and rejuvenated tmac on saturday. he saw some potential in the role playeres to learn he doesn't have to do everything. that should motivate him.

again, the wins v. the knicks and wolves blind u.

BUT DAMN CHANGE THE STARTING LINEUP
tha_rock220
General Manager

Post#246 » by tha_rock220 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:23 am

nyk_buc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

that does not stop him from being the best player and man on this team. he is NOT the leader, but he's still our go-to guy, regardless of his faults. the team goes as he goes.

even if tmac bricks all his shots in the 4th, at least he can jack them up and create something. it's too damn hard to even get yao the ball at times.

Bingo, and he doesn't allow himself to be denied the ball by Samuel Dalembert and Michael Doleac.

McGrady sucks, this has been known to me for a long time, but Yao couldn't even start on a team that is actually a contender.
HTown_TMac
General Manager
And1: 222

Post#247 » by HTown_TMac » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:24 am

Rocketsterps wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

RICK'S FAULT FOR BELIEVING IN HEAD.

I Don't blame Rick..

Wait.. are we talking about the same thing? :-?
www.atrilli.net <- music blog
compucomp
Banned User

Post#248 » by compucomp » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:25 am

tha_rock220 wrote: TOF TOF TOF TOF

7-7 without, 13-12 with. End of story.

If you're bringing up previous years you'd better bring up how Yao averaged about 30 ppg with McGrady out.

This same story would have unfolded in the fourth if McGrady's shot is not on, which is very often the case these days.

"Yao can't win without McGrady" is bunk. 7-7 without, 13-12 with. Two losses doesn't change that, especially since Yao was not the one throwing the ball to his own defender.
nyk_buc
Head Coach

Post#249 » by nyk_buc » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:25 am

tha_rock220 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Bingo, and he doesn't allow himself to be denied the ball by Samuel Dalembert and Michael Doleac.

McGrady sucks, this has been known to me for a long time, but Yao couldn't even start on a team that is actually a contender.

now you're just exaggerating. our 2 best players suck then. obviously u shouldn't root for a JV team then
compucomp
Banned User

Post#250 » by compucomp » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:26 am

tha_rock220 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You're full of sh*t. I'm not going to justify your garbage with an actual response because it is such trash.
Shabi__5
Head Coach

Post#251 » by Shabi__5 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:26 am

nyk_buc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

relax, you'll see a refreshed and rejuvenated tmac on saturday. he saw some potential in the role playeres to learn he doesn't have to do everything. that should motivate him.

again, the wins v. the knicks and wolves blind u.

BUT DAMN CHANGE THE STARTING LINEUP

I don't know bro we'll see.
I have given up on this team right now , I am done taking their crap , the NO pissed the hell out of me and now this , they do it again against a team that lost 7 in a row after all their talk.
Like I said I won't be postin in the next 2 weeks because I can't contribute to this board they wai I am disgusted by this team.
See ya'll in 2 weeks , may god help this useless bucnh of plays+coach.
tha_rock220
General Manager

Post#252 » by tha_rock220 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:26 am

nsballer07 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I didnt even write that?

Anyways...im talking about for the past 3 yrs, the Rockets without Tmac have HAD and STILL DO have a 23% winning percentage. So your saying none of the blame goes to Yao. I thought he was a superstar, best Center in the league if I could remeber? Players with that caliber can do that, but how come it isn't happening and hasn't happened? Im not hating on Yao, but Im just saying, Tmac is more valuable the Yao, and he is the main player of this team. He has proved, what about the 20-12 record without Yao last season, Tmac caught on fire.....the Rockets were 32-40 with Yao and Tmac....that sure means a lot. The Rockets won 52 games last season, and Tmac ended up 4th in MVP racing. Hmmm the year before that Tmac goes out, Yao comes back, what happens? we keep losing, the Rockets end up in the lottery and you know the rest of the story.

YOFs will take every opportunity to call Yao the franchise player, best center in basketball, superstar, and all sorts of stuff, but there are a million excuses. If the Rockets lose, Yao has a bad game, or a there's a combination of the 2 it's always someone else's fault.
nyk_buc
Head Coach

Post#253 » by nyk_buc » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:27 am

[quote="compucomp"][/quote]

we have a 13-12 record with tmac going out of games at halftime (they count those as losses) => so our record should be 13-9 (considering he went out of the lineup at halftime v. the lakers, magic, and pistons).

and that 13-9 record was a tmac who was injured, frustrated, and unhappy.

and u got a 7-7 record playing an easy schedule.

now really, kick some common sense in
compucomp
Banned User

Post#254 » by compucomp » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:28 am

tha_rock220 wrote:YOH trash

Excuses for your boy for quitting on his team, more than once, and failing to make it out of the first round in about 6 attempts, especially in the weak east where AI could make it to the finals with Deke as his second scorer and VC can make it to the second round with Antonio Davis as his second scorer?
Baller 24
RealGM

Post#255 » by Baller 24 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:28 am

Yeah Yao must of averaged that....lmfao but did we win? Nope Tmac lead a team on his shoulders, we won 52 games that year. McGrady was an MVP candidate. So lets bring up the past, Yao can put up all the stats he wants to, but we didn't win and thats the main thing. Tmac on the other hand put up those type of stats, shot about 45% and we won games. That just shows you what type of superstar Yao is and what Tmac is. Again 23% winning % without Tmac is horrible for any team. Chuck Hayes has a better free throw % then that.
nyk_buc
Head Coach

Post#256 » by nyk_buc » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:28 am

Shabi__5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know bro we'll see.
I have given up on this team right now , I am done taking their crap , the NO pissed the hell out of me and now this , they do it again against a team that lost 7 in a row after all their talk.
Like I said I won't be postin in the next 2 weeks because I can't contribute to this board they wai I am disgusted by this team.
See ya'll in 2 weeks , may god help this useless bucnh of plays+coach.

didn't we have this before the 5 game winning streak happen.

i'm not optimistic. i'm being realistic. if we had the schedule to start the season right now, then yea, we prollie woudln't make the playoffs.

but goddamn, february on, we have a JV-league schedule.
dontel
Analyst

Post#257 » by dontel » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:29 am

i can smell a trade coming *sniff* 2x
where its hard to get past the 1st rd because of injuries...happens
compucomp
Banned User

Post#258 » by compucomp » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:30 am

nsballer07 wrote:YOH TOF YOH TOF YOH TOF

7-7 without, 13-12 with.

7-7 without, 13-12 with.

7-7 without, 13-12 with.
jw_bskball
Freshman

Post#259 » by jw_bskball » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:31 am

I think we can all agree T-Mac is the best player on this team. It's not that Yao cannot win without T-Mac, it is Yao cannot win consistently without him. It's always easier for perimeter player to win games simply because he can have ball in his hand during critical junctures. As we see far too often, Yao relies on guard to get him the ball. And as we witness tonight, they couldn't get the ball to Yao.

That being said, Yao's problem is made obvious in the 4th quarter. He still couldn't get good position consistently. He still haven't developed that bread-and-butter shot. He went to hook shot 3 times late in the game, and could not convert any of them. Now, misses happen, but if that hook shot is his go-to move, then he need to convert 1 out 3. I really want him to develop a consistent mid-range shot that does not require him to get a deep position, like Duncan's bank shot.
Baller 24
RealGM

Post#260 » by Baller 24 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:32 am

Excuses for your boy for quitting on his team, more than once, and failing to make it out of the first round in about 6 attempts, especially in the weak east where AI could make it to the finals with Deke as his second scorer and VC can make it to the second round with Antonio Davis as his second scorer?

Yao can't even MAKE the playoffs without Tmac, what are you talking **** for? At least Tmac can make the playoffs. And if Yao is the best center in the league, and is such a big superstar, then ALL THE BLAME DOES NOT GO ON TMAC, is also goes on Yao. And it shows to go look at both of their playoff stats and tell me who's a better player in the playoffs.

Return to Houston Rockets