[Game 42] Rockets @ Seattle

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#361 » by BaYBaller » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:27 pm

King Roosk wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Agreed.

I used to want to keep Scola on the bench so that we had some firepower from the PF position off the bench, but I think Scola should supplant Hayes in the starting lineup with Landry and Hayes splitting the bench time.

Yeah the big men rotation is very odd currently I agree. Adelman is using Landry as the back-up C mostly (that seems to be changing though), whereas Scola would probably benefit the most playing back-up C where he can use his (currently very underutilized I might add) post-up game. Right now Scola is just a PF version of Battier, which isn't horrible but I think we can use his offensive skills better.

Hayes also should be more of a situational player who subs in when we need the extra post defense or the other bigs get in foul trouble. The problem with that is then the only choice left is to start a rookie in Landry (which I'd actually be for at least until T-Mac gets back into the starting lineup). I think right now Adelman is very hesitant to break up the starting lineup from last year because we're struggling with consistency.

Return to Houston Rockets