ImageImage

Should T-mac be our 6th man for the rest of the season?

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#21 » by TMACFORMVP » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:19 pm

He should start IMO. We've gotten off to slow starts literally every game and frankly if we were playing teams better than Seattle twice we'd have lost those game. We need to come out strong and establish a lead and McGrady in the starting lineup gives us a better chance to do so.

I agree with everybody saying Landry/Scola, shooters and Yao should always be in the game with McGrady.
BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#22 » by BaYBaller » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:03 pm

T-Mac was a main reason we came back from deficits during this win streak but coming off the bench doesn't relate to that. It's just T-Mac playing down the stretch. When T-Mac's conditioning gets back then he should start so ideally we'll be able to squeeze a couple of more minutes of production out of him.

And Hayes starting is causing problems. Teams see he's starting so they have a coordinated defense to shut Yao down, and it's even worse with T-Mac out of the starting line-up because he was the only player to really make Hayes useful on offense. Scola should start and if he is really getting torched by the opponents PF then sub in Hayes. This avoids starting defenses locking down on Yao and also gives the opposing PF different looks on defense.

And Brooks shredding the full court press was :o
I wouldn't mind seeing him during the stretch run especially with T-Mac, as long as the opposing PG isn't bullying him. Brooks is likely a better shooter and is a bigger threat penetrating.
exkonvict
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#23 » by exkonvict » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:02 pm

dunleavyjr wrote:If the Rockets keep on winning like this, sure, let Tmac be the 6th man.

If it helps the Rockets in winning games, bench Yao as well.
Waynelophoto
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Post#24 » by Waynelophoto » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:08 am

I just hope mac won't miss anymore games and rest his knee as much as possible..

yes, catching up from behind isn't easy, especially if we play against suns.. and if mac is on the bench for the first 6 mins, score could be like 13:36

our bench is playing so well right now.. Laundry, scola and brooks are all doing well.. nice hustle plays..

if tmac starts, who is our 6th man? bonzi often have off nights.. :(
Facebook page: The Mask Mamba aka Kobe Bryant:

http://www.facebook.com/BlackMambaKobe24
nyk_buc
Head Coach
And1: 58

Post#25 » by nyk_buc » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:01 am

Waynelophoto wrote:I just hope mac won't miss anymore games and rest his knee as much as possible..

yes, catching up from behind isn't easy, especially if we play against suns.. and if mac is on the bench for the first 6 mins, score could be like 13:36

our bench is playing so well right now.. Laundry, scola and brooks are all doing well.. nice hustle plays..

if tmac starts, who is our 6th man? bonzi often have off nights.. :(

that's why u have to start tmac and scola and take hayes out.

tmac can play the first 7-8 mins. have 4-5 mins of rest. then tmac can come in fresh with the 2nd unit in the 2nd quarter. repeat in the 2nd half.

before, tmac would play 11 mins in the first quarter and rests until the 6-7 min mark of the 2nd quarter, and therefore he didn't play much w/ the 2nd unimt.
giordunk
Analyst
And1: 493

Post#26 » by giordunk » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:27 am

Starting is overrated.
i like peanuts
Iggyemu
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Iggyemu » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:36 am

giordunk wrote:Starting is overrated.

Not when you consistently rack up 10 points deficits headed into the 2nd quarter.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#28 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:33 pm

T-Mac should start. This is the 1st time this whole year when Scola, McGrady and Yao are all playing well. Gotto milk it and continue this streak of wins.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
GMF
Senior
And1: 9

Post#29 » by GMF » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:35 pm

Nope I think he should be starting.
chuckerz
Bench Warmer
And1: 161

Post#30 » by chuckerz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:55 pm

The rockets don't have a lot of scoring options on the bench. If Francis can come back as his old all star form and from injury, than maybe he can provide scoring as well as James but right now that's not happening. If T-mac comes off the bench, he can provide scoring against the 2nd unit of the other teams.

I think Yao should dominate the offense and when he gets tired he can head to the bench and t-mac can replace him and be the main go to scorer. It works with the Bulls with Gorden, Phoenix with Barbosa, the Spurs with Ginobili and with Mavs with Terry.

Return to Houston Rockets