ImageImageImageImage

(4)Buffalo at Detroit Thu 08/30, 4:00pm PDT

Moderator: theBigLip

kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

(4)Buffalo at Detroit Thu 08/30, 4:00pm PDT 

Post#1 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:33 am

.Detroit should win this game if S.King has a good day.

like to see all our RB's this game pick up the pace like the first game.

Lions 24 -Buffalo 14 (I have been wrong all 3 exibitions games) just getting ready for regular season.

We need to see how our secondary will play out and see who will be there starting the season.

Kellen Moore, Alphonso Smith and punters Ben Graham and Ryan Donahue are among those on the bubble for Friday's cuts.Other players potentially fighting for jobs on Friday include safety Ricardo Silva, cornerbacks Jonte Green and and linebackers Doug Hogue and Carmen Messina

The injury-ravaged Detroit Lions are shopping for a running back, according to a report on Tuesday. This late in the game, the pickings are slim.

so here's some possibilities for Mr. Mayhew :

1. Chris Ivory, New Orleans Saints: the Saints could boast a trio of 1,000-yard rushers this season if it weren't for the passing game. New Orleans ranked sixth on the ground last season and we've seen them pound away at opponents in the preseason. Pierre Thomas, Darren Sproles and Mark Ingram are a three-headed nightmare. Ivory is expendable. He hasn't been durable in his career (and he fumbles too much) but Detroit can't pound their fists for Barry Sanders 2.0 in August.

2. Knowshon Moreno, Denver Broncos: . Moreno's still finding his sea legs after surgery to repair a torn ACL. He's a first-round disappointment -- and the Lions already has one of those in Jahvid Best -- but Moreno produced over 1,700 yards between 2009 and 2010. A fresh start makes sense.

3: Danny Woodhead, New England Patriots: Bill Belichick's decision to bring in Woodhead two seasons ago paid handsome dividends. He's a reliable pass-catcher out of the backfield and has earned the trust of quarterback Tom Brady. But the Patriots burnt high picks on Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen. Ridley's growing into the role, but the jury is out on Vereen. Rookie Brandon Bolden and free-agent Olympian Jeff Demps hang on the fringe.

Other players who’ve been rumored to potentially be on the market over the last month, a list that includes , Brandon Jackson, Leon Washington, and Maurice Jones-Drew.

should kellen moore make team?
Thank you for voting!

Yes 68.75% (1,219 votes)

No 31.25% (554 votes)

Total Votes: 1,773

At least Kellen moore doesn't make those lame duck throws Stanton used to make. He just looks really bad when compared to Stafford.I do not see a horrible QB, i just do not see a good one

I honestly don't care how Moore does tonight. I was excited when we signed him, but he hasn't shown that he has the ability to win us,

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... moore.html

And1: 9

Re: (4)Buffalo at Detroit Thu 08/30, 4:00pm PDT 

Post#2 » by TSE » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Woodhead should already be on this team and for free. We needed RBs and he was available with the potential and we didn't want him now. Why keep passing on the free talent to only trade for it after they succeed and raise their value. That's what we should be doing is developing and farming players out to other teams to build additional resource equity for the future. Our RBs should be something like Blount, Woodhead, and the best cut we can get that has the best chance of growing and being yet another additional trading chip in the future, and again for giving up nothing initially to get him. We could have had a couple of capable RBs and didn't even need to use a pick on Best or LeShoure to get that easy position. Those picks could have filled out nicely elsewhere and helped us nail down more pressing and purposeful objectives. RBs have very short careers and Best was a 1st round pick and we already used up 2 of his years and haven't even sniffed a SB. We should have been ready to be there in advance of having even called his name at the podium. You can't do that, at least not without getting terrible value and then seeing posts by a guy guy like me for not agreeing with the overall strategy.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#3 » by kellmellus50 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:16 pm

Blount is the biggest blunder by the lions be not putting a waiver claim on him when he was release a year ago.i would trade Avil for him now to get him.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#4 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:01 am

^i think his poor attitude perception held us back. Though we aren't a bunch of angels, i'm certain mayhew is trying to get away from that stigma
TSE
Banned User

Post#5 » by TSE » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:11 am

Blount didn't have a poor attitude. Our personnel mngmt team had a poor attitude. The guy has value, it was easily identifiable, and he had a fantastic attitude from everything I saw.

Speaking of poor attitudes, Danny Crossman has a poor attitude. He was barking off and complaining because oh my god one of our players lined up for an offsides on a kickoff. Granted it's a stupid mistake, but an easily correctable one that is not likely repeatable. He's chewing the guy out, a guy that's a longshot to make the team so yeah that's really constructive and a positive impact :roll:, and I'm thinking who the frak do you think you are Danny Crossman opening your lip and getting angry? These players aren't losing on Special Teams, YOU are losing on Special Teams because you have been in the NFL for 10 or so years and you still don't have a clue what you are doing with these people on these units. How dare he get upset when he's in charge of these teams and he's failing miserably. It was another horrendous performance by Stovall who stunk up the field all day long again, and Osgood was terrible too. It didnt' make sense for us to bring Osgood in even if he was a good ST player and he was awful. I bet if I coached Stovall he would be a good ST player because he has the athleticism and skills, but because this Crossman fellow is in charge our entire unit looks terrible and we have no fair way of properly evaluating the player talent. Act like a professional and stop whining on the sidelines and spend that time to do your job Danny. You embarrass us and you don't belong in this league!

Well that's my summary for the game, cut Stovall, cut Osgood, and cut Danny Crossman and bring in a good coach!
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#6 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:08 am

can someone summarize the game . i heard leshoure looked good, jonte green had ups and downs, but nothing yet on Barnes. Any other notes?
TSE
Banned User

Post#7 » by TSE » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:30 am

Barnes had a good couple of plays showing off his physical abilities.

Green had a lot of mistakes including some of the uglier ones that are possible as a CB. A 10 year old kid could have defended that TD pass he gave up better than he did. I replayed that play about 5x for some reason and now I don't want to think about it or ever see it again. He just has a lot of work to do and a ways to go. He did score a TD but it was a gimme play that shouldn't warrant any special credit. I just call him a project with interesting talent and don't think he will help us much this year and hopefully he can develop in the future.

Leshoure did look good but nothing to get too excited about, he did stretch a few traffic plays by squeezing out a few extra yards. Everette Brown did pretty good if I'm correct in thinking he was the guy that tipped the ball on the QB's backswing for the late INT. Lance Long looked pretty good too except for an extremely terrible dropped pass and an ugly fumble. I'm not sure how I feel about those 2 botches but I'm also not getting any warm and fuzzy feelings about any of our potential 5th WRs. Edwards does have that speed but he just doesn't seem that good of a player although it's hard to pick the best WR based on such limited looks. I'd say it's about down to a coin flip between them 2 but I also think a wire WR could be in the cards, I have a hunch somebody intriguing will get cut.

It was a pretty neutral game in that I don't think anybody lost a job or won a job with this game. Maybe Kevin Barnes did but they were probably thinking of keeping him anyhow I guess. Reshard Langford also was making late impressions with me, I like him but I just haven't seen enough of him so I don't really know where he's at, but he could be a tough cut to make. I'd probably keep him and dump Coleman, it's the right thing to do from a strategy perspective as Coleman just doesn't provide enough upside potential and he's not a well-leveraged asset. Spievey played decent and locked down his roster spot, although I thought he was safe anyhow due to his age and draft status and deserving another chance as long as we have openings; which we do!
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#8 » by kellmellus50 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:45 am

Quote:Lance Long looked pretty good i would keep him.
Quote:Barnes had a good couple of plays showing off his physical abilities. (keep him)

Kellen moore can make the short passes but the one pass he threw long in the end zone he hit the defender in the back in the regular season that would have been intercepted,again long passes are his demise. Cut him and pick someone off from another team.

With Delmas down they will keep Erik Coleman .Delmas will not be ready for opening day.our rookies are up and down so much that they need veterans to steady the ship.

Wish we had more time with Reshard Langford, he looks good but i think there no room for him.Injured calf hide him on the IR

We miss Aaron Berry after 3-5 games who knows they may bring him back.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#9 » by kellmellus50 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:08 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:Quote:Lance Long looked pretty good i would keep him.
Quote:Barnes had a good couple of plays showing off his physical abilities. (keep him)

Kellen moore can make the short passes but the one pass he threw long in the end zone he hit the defender in the back in the regular season that would have been intercepted,again long passes are his demise. Cut him and pick someone off from another team.

With Delmas down they will keep Erik Coleman .Delmas will not be ready for opening day.our rookies are up and down so much that they need veterans to steady the ship.

Wish we had more time with Reshard Langford, he looks good but i think there no room for him.Injured calf hide him on the IR

We miss Aaron Berry after 3-5 games who knows they may bring him back.

Jonte Green was noticeable for his inconsistency. and may get cut.

Return to Detroit Lions