ImageImageImageImage

Week 4- A Viking Invasion

Moderator: theBigLip

Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Re: Week 4- A Viking Invasion 

Post#21 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Oct 1, 2012 4:00 am

TSE wrote:Yeah I was thinking CB David Amerson or LB Manti Te'o could be interesting to target, or whichever BPA secondary player emerges as there are a few potential first rounders.

Manti Te'o is a beast, don't know why , but i can see him as a DE as well
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#22 » by TSE » Mon Oct 1, 2012 4:02 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
TSE wrote:Yeah I was thinking CB David Amerson or LB Manti Te'o could be interesting to target, or whichever BPA secondary player emerges as there are a few potential first rounders.

Manti Te'o is a beast, don't know why , but i can see him as a DE as well

Yeah I think we should draft him, as well as market him digitally in a fantasy game that fans can play on the Lions website for those that like to collect and play with football beasts like us.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#23 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Oct 1, 2012 4:27 am

^good news about sucking is high draft pick
joseph mamah
Starter
And1: 178

Post#24 » by joseph mamah » Mon Oct 1, 2012 6:18 am

:nonono:
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 137

Post#25 » by kellmellus50 » Mon Oct 1, 2012 12:23 pm

Bemtley cannot play cornerback every time a ball is thrown his way he never looks for it he just pushes the reciever,better to put him and free safty or cut him.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#26 » by Icness » Mon Oct 1, 2012 3:07 pm

Very frustrated with the continuing and chronic inattention to detail from both the players and the coaching staff. It's sad that the special teams bombed so badly because other than Bentley the defense was pretty damn awesome yesterday. Avril played his best game of the year, Chris Houston looked strong, and even VandenBosch made a couple of nice plays.

The slow starts by Stafford are getting to be a major problem. I find it interesting that he plays better once the early-game script is exhausted and he gets more input into play calling later in games. TSE and I don't agree on a lot but I'm with him 100% that the coaching staff needs to be very critically evaluated, if not changed outright, over the bye week.

How most teams spend their bye:
Monday is short player meetings, film review, playbook update, treatment for injured guys, stuff like that. They are generally out the door by noon. Coaches work a short (for them) day until about 5 PM and then adjourn.

Tuesday-Sunday are off. I can't recall the exact rule but the players not receiving medical treatment are not allowed at the facility for some period of time, I believe it is Wed-Sun but it might be different. Most players go home, go back to their alma mater's games for the weekend, maybe take a short trip to Mexico or Vegas. The coaches work at home informally. The Texans coaches have an unofficial golf outing that somehow lasts two days and may or may not involve anyone hitting a golf ball, and I suspect that is the norm.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
TSE
Banned User

Post#27 » by TSE » Mon Oct 1, 2012 8:21 pm

Well he looks better late in the game only because that's when we are down by a ton of points, the defense goes into prevent, and then we attack the middle of the field and get a lot of gimme completions. We don't play the entire game with a sense of urgency and try to put pressure on the opposing defenses like we could. If we are down by pts with 1 second left in the game, our team throws a Hail Mary. But if we were at our own 20 yard line with 1 second in the half, then we give up. Sure those aren't the same situations, but the attitude we approach the game and the extent to which we open up the playbook for an aggressive passing attack typically takes until the 11th hour to get juiced up. All of those late drives he has 4 downs to complete a pass to move the chains whereas early it seems we always run for 2 yards on first down and punt on 4th and cut our passes in half towards being usable to move the chains. We need to orchestrate a different attitude and identity with respect to how we approach all 4 quarters is what I see as a global planning problem on gamedays.

Schwartz did an interview today saying that coaching staff changes are not a consideration, this is what I was saying before was my belief that we can't have any expectations for any changes because they absolutely want to replace coaches as the option of total last resort. And that buys enough time for the rest of the season most likely, but certainly not anything immediate or in the next few weeks after reading what he said today.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#28 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Oct 2, 2012 4:48 am

I've been saying this for quite a while that we become a elite team when we are down points and have to score, which confuses the sh* out of me.

i don't what makes more sense, fire your coach(s) during a bye week and give the team time to adjust, or hope that 2 weeks is enough time for the team to correct its mistakes.

Somebody on the lion's coaching staff needs to wake up

As far as schwartz saying what he's saying, what else can he say
TSE
Banned User

Post#29 » by TSE » Tue Oct 2, 2012 6:12 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:As far as schwartz saying what he's saying, what else can he say

Well he could say that since he is not firing anybody that means he has a solid solution to get us back on track and still make the playoffs and therefore we don't have to worry about it. That would be the answer if he has the solution to what we need to do. If not then he should say that we should trust him to figure out the solution during the bye week and to be patient. I think he should at least take a definitive position of saying that he knows exactly what he's doing and everything is under control, or he should admit he does not have everything under control and he is working on it. I expect him to be straightforward and honest in what he says but to also offer a true description of what his expectations are for this season. If he can't give us a constructive and positive statement in some regard in some aspect along any of these lines, then he could say he is going to leave no stone unturned and even ask The Strategy Expert what to do if that's what it takes to get things back on track!

He also could say that he is fine with being fired if we don't make the playoffs this year because we should and it's his fault if we don't. If that's not the case then he should say to the owner that his GM is not complying with his continued wishes for different players that he can work with to get that job done. I want him to take a position on whether or not he's happy with the players and coaches he has so that I know if he is to be held accountable and to what degree in his mind. I want to make sure the GM and the HC are on the same page with each person doing what they are supposed to be doing as they have determined in accordance with their wishes for what they need to be successful.

So in short I want him to say the answers to:

Why are we not 4-0?
Who is to blame?
How do you justify not firing answer to above question?
How sure are you that we are going to make the playoffs?
How sure were you before the season started?
Explain further, I'm suddenly very confused.
TSE
Banned User

Post#30 » by TSE » Tue Oct 2, 2012 7:34 pm

Well looks like the team President answered all of those questions!...

http://www.freep.com/article/20121002/S ... tom-lewand
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#31 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Oct 3, 2012 1:59 am

Kyle Wilson looks to be losing his starting job, anything we could do to go after him? or do we even want too.
TSE
Banned User

Post#32 » by TSE » Wed Oct 3, 2012 5:18 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:Kyle Wilson looks to be losing his starting job, anything we could do to go after him? or do we even want too.

It would be worth it if they would swap one of our expendable players for him. The Jets did end up signing Aaron Berry too who is also a better choice than some of our players. I bet he would play better this season than Bentley, Green, Lacey, or Greenwood (or Florence if he wasn't hurt). That's 5 CBs that shouldn't be able to beat out Berry for playing time and the Jets got him for free. How much better is Kyle Wilson if he is a bust as the Jets would have to see it to let him go for cheap? It's hard to walk away from a free Berry and then want to pay somebody to get a CB upgrade. We need multiple CB upgrades and you can't quantify the true fair price to pay without knowing and understanding what the plan is there to improve the position.

The name of the game is to get as good as you can as efficiently. Before we make any trades we need to answer questions about how we value our players and what our strategy and trade philosophies are to get the best possible team, and right now we seem to be disjointed and confused and we don't seem to understand ourselves and our resources well. It's dangerous to trade from a vulnerable position like that and I think we need to figure things out and gain information and map out our plans before we know who to target and when in any trade.

Return to Detroit Lions